Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Is there any good Airsfot GOGGLES for people who wear prescription glasses?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old December 11th, 2007, 02:23   #1
Cottoni

Is there any good Airsfot GOGGLES for people who wear prescription glasses?

Hey, it's me again

I wear prescription glasses pretty much all day long, tried contact lens but it just didn't work and can't stand it
So I was wondering if there is any good quality Airsoft GOGGLES for people who wear prescription glasses?

when I go to a game i don't want to wear just my prescription glasses.
I believe some of you here wear glasses as well, so how do you do in a game?
thanks
Cottoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 02:31   #2
The Saint

There are no specifically "airsoft goggles" for the most part, aside from mesh goggles. When you're saying "airsoft goggles", you actually mean either paintball or ballistics goggles. Most public games in Ontario take place at paintball fields, which require that you wear paintball goggles. If you'll be attending mostly public games in ON (you might want to properly fill out your profile), JT Spectra would be the best goggles I've personally used for accomodating glasses.

Search ASC for "paintball goggles glasses", there are numerous existing threads on this with a lot more of information.
Old December 11th, 2007, 09:20   #3
HaZarD SFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottoni View Post
Hey, it's me again

I wear prescription glasses pretty much all day long, tried contact lens but it just didn't work and can't stand it
So I was wondering if there is any good quality Airsoft GOGGLES for people who wear prescription glasses?

when I go to a game i don't want to wear just my prescription glasses.
I believe some of you here wear glasses as well, so how do you do in a game?
thanks
Any ESS goggles will work. I have used 3-4 different types from them and all worked 100%.

For paintball only goggles well also again any will most likely work.

I do run ESS ICE (google it) now and love them.
Old December 11th, 2007, 09:34   #4
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

ESS Strikers + thermal lenses = great.

What i do recommend is getting you ballistic goggles with your prescription lenses attached behind them or actually molded in the goggle. This will be more expensive but SO MUCH more comfortable. And you will have 'sport glasses/goggles' when you do extreme sports.

Contacts are the best way to go but heh like you they are a no no >.>
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 12:13   #5
MADDOG

Mesh Goggles

Depending on wear you play (if they are allowed) these are the best for non-fogging and ease of use.

Problem solved

MD

Cry Havoc, Let slip the Dogs of War!

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
MADDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 12:46   #6
leblanc74

Send a message via MSN to leblanc74
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
Depending on wear you play (if they are allowed) these are the best for non-fogging and ease of use.

Problem solved

MD

ESS....all the way....
leblanc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 12:49   #7
Donster

for glasses, i wore a paintball mask. Dye/Proto EL Switch was the best mask i used for glasses and at a price of like $25-30, you can't go wrong. but i was lucky enough to have contacts work for me, so i just switched to a nice low profile paintball mask.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 13:28   #8
Jimski

brass eagle paintball goggles will work good ( i love them)

also bolle x800 works with little glasses, not big ones.

Old January 27th, 2008, 01:21   #9
Milkwadthegreat

If you must get paintball goggles then I'd suggest asking actual paintballers. They can tell you what kinds are good and what kinds suck (like Brass Eagle or Tippmann goggles). It would be good to buy goggles with a fan or thermal lenses, the JT Spectra line will work good for cheap, but if you really want high quality you can get Empire E-Vents or any Dye goggles. But if you can avoid the full face mask I would reccomend any ESS goggles. Check out Seals Action Gear for some good deals (top of the page under "Gear" I think). If you want to know where I get my info...I'm an Ex-Paintballer. Don't kill me please
Milkwadthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 01:24   #10
dodger_me

ESS Work great with glasses, get something will a fan though because even if you get the best goggles your glasses will still fog. Or get prescription inserts, ESS and BOLLE take prescription inserts, and it should be covered by your medical insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Andrew. View Post
turns out i had to take the battey out of the stock and charge it right from the battery wire..not the wire that connects to the gun
dodger_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 04:07   #11
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
I use safety glasses over my glasses that have been tested for balistic integrity...

And by tested, I mean hit point blank with a .36 8mm bb going at about 380 fps... multiple times. Not even a scratch.

These things protect all sides and don't fog up.

The thing you've got to worry about is your actual glasses fogging up, not the goggles.
Old January 27th, 2008, 04:17   #12
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
I wear glasses and I have these from JT. Seems to work good, and it's a plus that it covers your entire face/head.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 11:05   #13
Jimski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewalker View Post
The thing you've got to worry about is your actual glasses fogging up, not the goggles.
yep, just spread some catcrap on them before the game.

and there, no fog.
Old January 27th, 2008, 12:19   #14
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post
yep, just spread some catcrap on them before the game.
lol, that name always makes me chuckle. Been wanting to get some of that, to be perfectly honest. Just can't find it at any of the "outdoors" shops. That or they were out of stock.
Old January 27th, 2008, 13:23   #15
LUTNIT

I've run ESS over top of normal glasses, used catcrap, used that stuff for scuba divers, and hooked up a fan to my goggles. Also when someone says something is "fog proof" or they have never had it fog for them, that has nothing to do with the goggles and everything to do with the combination of that set of goggles and their face shape. EVERYTHING fogs for me, something to do with the Asian face shape.

The fan solution was the best (glasses fog like mad even if the goggles don't and the anti-fog stuff does NOTHING against condensation.) Personally I invested $300 in a pair of ESS profile turbofans with RX adapter and got lenses cut for them. They are by far leaps and bounds beyond ANYTHING else I have ever seen or tried. Goggle lens doesn't fog, glasses don't fog, condensation is vented, one AA battery lasts forever (been running mine constantly on for about five games now and its still fine), their the profile series (low profile) so I have no problem with iron sights or low scopes that you do with bigger goggles. There is a lowspeed setting that is dead quiet, can't tell its on even if there is a light breeze, works great for standing around or on patrol. Then it has a highspeed setting for when you are really running and working out. Though $300 might seem steep I have tried pretty much every other solution and this is worth every penny.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion