Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What do you think of the vfc samurai edge?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 1st, 2020, 18:10   #1
deltastrike

What do you think of the vfc samurai edge?

Hi

What is hour opinion on the VFC Avalon Samurai edge m4 ?

Is the internal are the best?

Would a kwa qrf with a titan gage mosfet be best performance wise?

Let me know your opinion?

Thanks

D
deltastrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2020, 17:03   #2

I recently opened up an older VFC Avalon and was not impressed. For 650$ I would not purchase it. If it was up to me I would try and find an older model VFC for cheap and then put a Gate Titan in it.

The old school line of thinking was you'd buy a VFC only for the externals and ease of upgrades. For the price point I'm not impressed with the new line up from VFC. Manufacturers like Krytac and even G&G have been coming out with stock guns that preform just as well as the 600 dollar plus VFC's for substantially less.

I have zero experience with KWA's so I cannot comment on those.

Last edited by .45; February 4th, 2020 at 17:05..
.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2020, 17:15   #3
Freeze

VFC internals are really not that bad to be honest.

I'm tempted to buy the Samurai's Edge and gut it, purely for the externals.

That being said, external build quality is the main reason you'd snap up a VFC. Internals are also compatible with everything V2 under the sun, which is definitely a good point about it (unlike Krytac so I hear)

The Samurai Edge has a programmable mosfet according to what I've read, but I'd still eventually replace it with a BTC Spectre or the like if anything.

Edit: To clarify, VFC internals are good enough that they'd last a good long while before they fail, if they fail at all. However, having an electronic programmable Mosfet will always be better.

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master

Last edited by Freeze; February 4th, 2020 at 17:27..
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2020, 19:12   #4
Ourindar

If the trigger board is the same as the one in the VFC/PTS VPSC Virgo, expect problems. Mine had an issue where it would work fine for like 30 minutes after plugging the battery in, then get upset and stop firing unless I flipped it to full auto.... where it would just shoot constantly.

Plugging the battery out and back in did nothing, then I'd test it at home the next day and it'd work fine... only for the same thing to happen after the battery was in a while. Tried the reset cable they include and nothing.

Fortunately I was half intending to have it gutted anyway so it's got a Spectre in it now, but it had a rough start to its life.

Big VFC fan, but their programmable trigger boards have been pretty crap so far.
Ourindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2020, 00:55   #5
kyle milliken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourindar View Post
If the trigger board is the same as the one in the VFC/PTS VPSC Virgo, expect problems. Mine had an issue where it would work fine for like 30 minutes after plugging the battery in, then get upset and stop firing unless I flipped it to full auto.... where it would just shoot constantly.

Plugging the battery out and back in did nothing, then I'd test it at home the next day and it'd work fine... only for the same thing to happen after the battery was in a while. Tried the reset cable they include and nothing.

Fortunately I was half intending to have it gutted anyway so it's got a Spectre in it now, but it had a rough start to its life.

Big VFC fan, but their programmable trigger boards have been pretty crap so far.
The avalon doesn't have a programmable board only a basic duel mosfet system. But as for the ops question all Avalon's are the same and if you go on reddit you'll see the avalon get recommend before a krytac every time.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
kyle milliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2020, 06:18   #6
deltastrike

People are talking about SPECTRE....this is a programmable MOSFET too ?

Is it better (difference ??) comparing to a TITAN GATE ?

Thanks guys for your comments ....
deltastrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2020, 09:18   #7
Ourindar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle milliken View Post
The avalon doesn't have a programmable board only a basic duel mosfet system. But as for the ops question all Avalon's are the same and if you go on reddit you'll see the avalon get recommend before a krytac every time.
The Samurai Edge has a programmable system, just like the Virgo.

Also, are we on different Reddits or something? Like 50% of r/airsoft seems to think Krytac is the best gun that has ever been or will ever be.
Ourindar is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion