Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WIP: Upgrading Your Tokyo Marui Glock

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 25th, 2013, 11:10   #541
kar120c
 
kar120c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: La Spezia, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
The flat part needs to face the BBU.
You can't fit the screw properly if you put the rounded side against the BBU.

So...
The rounded side is the "front" side and needs the screw head to rest on it.
Ok, tnx it is what I did. About the little blue piston inside the stock nozzle, should I reuse in the new nozzle?
kar120c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2013, 16:30   #542
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer
 
ILLusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequential View Post
Where did you find these and did they have em for the Hi Capa?
I have plenty of lightweight blowback units for Hi-Capas in stock... as well as Guns Modify Glock BBU's.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 15:14   #543
alex90023
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Anyone try this plastic magazine ?
http://www.airsofttaiwan.com/shop/goods.php?id=920

Last edited by alex90023; October 27th, 2013 at 15:17..
alex90023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 17:17   #544
e-luder
 
e-luder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Centre Mass
Hmm.

I dunno about plastic. lol.
That can't be good for the mag if it's dropped...
__________________
"May you fight with the strength of ten full grown men."
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 01:14   #545
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy
 
MaybeStopCalling's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
I have a feeling if I ever had those magazines, they'd be for situations where I might lose them/destroy them... like field games or games where I can't retention reload.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 02:16   #546
alex90023
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
They offer more realism.
alex90023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 02:32   #547
kar120c
 
kar120c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: La Spezia, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kar120c View Post
Anyone can post a pics of this mod? I can't understand it well, because my KJW G27 suffers this issue
Anyone can help me? I tried adding thickness to the mag catch but doesn't works
kar120c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 15:05   #548
e-luder
 
e-luder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Centre Mass
Quote:
Originally Posted by kar120c View Post
Anyone can help me? I tried adding thickness to the mag catch but doesn't works
Try one of these:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/nine-ball...-gbb-2pcs.html

These usually come with a shim that you can use and bring the gasket closer to your loading muzzle.

And these seal pretty well...
__________________
"May you fight with the strength of ten full grown men."
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 15:37   #549
kar120c
 
kar120c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: La Spezia, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
Try one of these:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/nine-ball...-gbb-2pcs.html

These usually come with a shim that you can use and bring the gasket closer to your loading muzzle.

And these seal pretty well...
I have tried 2 of these, better sealing with the nozzle but my issue is the valve position.
Today I tried to fit the mag pushing it to the back of the pistols and it works well but it is not easy to handle such a short mag in this way.
kar120c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 21:48   #550
LoliKuma
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Hi everyone! I have been following this thread for a little while now and in that time tried to make my own Glock 17 build! I am most worried about how durable my build was going to last so would someone tell me if I have done anything wrong? Here's a list of what I have in it:

-PGC Slide and Barrel
-AKA Blowback Housing
-Guarder Night Sights (Original Plastic ones cracked)
-Guarder Gen4 Slide Stop
-Guarder Frame

Here are some of the funkier parts:
-Wii Tech 150% Recoil Spring with Shock Buffer
http://www.wiitech.com.hk/eshop/images/1195a.JPG
I am actually using the stock recoil spring now but took the buffer from the Wii-Tech (pretty much a piece of hard rubber) because, after reading through this thread, it seems weaker recoil springs generally increase durability?
-WE Hammer Housing with assorted parts and WE Trigger Bar
I am not sure if any changes have been made with the newest line of WE G17's from the factory but I have found that most of the internals, at least from the lower frame, fit in the Maruis with little to no modification such as sanding things down.

I am planning to add JB Weld onto my front screw post as soon as I can. Does it harden and dry? Will it stick to the chassis afterward? Do I just follow the sample pictures I saw on this thread? Thanks alot!!!
LoliKuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 01:59   #551
.Zo
 
.Zo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
Will that work with the TM 18c?
.Zo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 12:12   #552
e-luder
 
e-luder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Centre Mass
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Zo View Post
Will that work with the TM 18c?
NO.

That loading muzzle is only specifically for a Marui Glock 17.
__________________
"May you fight with the strength of ten full grown men."
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2013, 02:18   #553
.Zo
 
.Zo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
NO.

That loading muzzle is only specifically for a Marui Glock 17.
Oh, well I need a new nozzle for the g18 since my guarder one split in half

recommendations?
.Zo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 23:17   #554
PaulBre
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Hi all,

I'm currently running a TM G18C. Stock internals apart from a guarder 150% recoil spring.

The frame suffered the front trigger guard crumbling after it's first skirmish, although while playing, every once in a while the slide stopped on its return stroke a few mm from completion.

I've since installed a Guarder frame and recoil spring (thinking it would solve the return stroke issue, but didn't work), so have started to investigate in depth why the slide sometimes stops cycling.

What I've found is that the full auto sear is very stiff for the slide to depress on its return stroke due to the hammer having a lot of contact area against the sear. Because of this the slide gets to the point where it interacts with the full auto sear, then rides up over it slightly and due to there being so little slop between the slide and frame, the slide stops moving and requires a push to manually return it.

Is the sear supposed to be this stiff against the hammer? I know the KM and Guns Modify hammers are designed slightly differently, do these allow the full auto sear to be depressed easier?

I can take photos if it helps clarify the problem?






Thanks,

Paul.
PaulBre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 02:14   #555
e-luder
 
e-luder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Centre Mass
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBre View Post
Hi all,

I'm currently running a TM G18C. Stock internals apart from a guarder 150% recoil spring.

The frame suffered the front trigger guard crumbling after it's first skirmish, although while playing, every once in a while the slide stopped on its return stroke a few mm from completion.

I've since installed a Guarder frame and recoil spring (thinking it would solve the return stroke issue, but didn't work), so have started to investigate in depth why the slide sometimes stops cycling.

What I've found is that the full auto sear is very stiff for the slide to depress on its return stroke due to the hammer having a lot of contact area against the sear. Because of this the slide gets to the point where it interacts with the full auto sear, then rides up over it slightly and due to there being so little slop between the slide and frame, the slide stops moving and requires a push to manually return it.

Is the sear supposed to be this stiff against the hammer? I know the KM and Guns Modify hammers are designed slightly differently, do these allow the full auto sear to be depressed easier?

I can take photos if it helps clarify the problem?

Thanks,

Paul.
Not really.
The Gunsmodify hammer...maybe. But the KM one I know is only slightly different. And the only difference between the stock hammer and GunsModify one is that the SEMI sear engage points are different.

What you need to really about based on your description is the spring that actuates the full-auto sear. What makes the sear "stiff" is partly due to how stiff that spring is.

If the slide can't depress that spring, it will leave the full-auto sear in the position you're describing.

Of course, the counter to that is HOW the slide is depressing the mechanism as a whole. That is, is your BBU damaged in any way that it is causing this problem? or is your full-auto sear damaged in such a way that the BBU can no longer actuate it?

These are just a few suggestions and you may choose to investigate each avenue or none. But I would look at the spring mostly. Make sure that it is lubed properly...
__________________
"May you fight with the strength of ten full grown men."
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.