Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WIP: Upgrading Your Tokyo Marui Glock

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old September 26th, 2013, 19:34   #511
AnthB

Dude, you're a genius. Putting the parts as +1 to whatever and referring to World of Warcraft. Made me feel like half as much of an idiot when it comes to this stuff.
AnthB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 09:25   #512
alex90023

Hello, I've got problem, blow back is very very weak i changed and tested rocket valve to a+, valve konocker to aip and 2 other stock knockers, aip hammer set, airsoft surgeron loading nozzle, shooter design hammer 150:/: spring, ratech hop up, aip aluminum hop up housing, pdi barrel, guarder slide, guarder frame, and blow back weakness on all 3 mags , everything worked fine on green gas till yesterday, everything sitting probably, there is no friction, anybody know what's wrong?. Sorry for my bad English.
Here is video 20130929_123451.mp4 - YouTube

Last edited by alex90023; September 29th, 2013 at 15:43..
alex90023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2013, 07:37   #513
emp3ror86

The problem is the gun does not kick back strong enough? Not even with CO2?

A screw is missing at your hammer housing?

Perhaps the O-ring of the piston head worn out or damaged, have you checked that?
emp3ror86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 20:34   #514
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex90023 View Post
Hello, I've got problem, blow back is very very weak i changed and tested rocket valve to a+, valve konocker to aip and 2 other stock knockers, aip hammer set, airsoft surgeron loading nozzle, shooter design hammer 150:/: spring, ratech hop up, aip aluminum hop up housing, pdi barrel, guarder slide, guarder frame, and blow back weakness on all 3 mags , everything worked fine on green gas till yesterday, everything sitting probably, there is no friction, anybody know what's wrong?. Sorry for my bad English.
Here is video 20130929_123451.mp4 - YouTube
I can't tell from the video but it just looks like to me your hammer spring may not be strong enough to open the CO2 valve.

If you've taken the Slide apart, make sure that nothing is cracked. make sure hte piston head can seal properly.

That's a Stark aArms model is it not?
Make sure the CO2 magazines your using are compatible. Stark arms Glocks are very picky about their magazines...
Old October 4th, 2013, 21:17   #515
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
Thanks for this post e-luder.
I haven't gone through all the pages, but I did search the thread. Hopefully this isn't a redundant question.

From looking around, it looks as though the G26 is the least popular of the TM family of glocks. I might need to pick up a replacement slide for a G26, but the only one I can find is a Guarder on ehobby asia.

First, can anyone recommend any other place to pick one up? (or have a spare they want to sell, of course. :P)

My second question is that the original post says of the Guarder slide: "Guarder is probably one of the most problematic slides in terms of fitting." Is this true for the G26 version of their slides as well? I'm really not finding much information for TM G26s here on ASC, or very many other places for that matter.
The G26 has lost its popularity due to a number of reasons. These ranged from holster fitting, the shortened length of the barrel, and the magazine's incompatiblity to be used with the full sized models.

Even little things like the sized of the grip made people turn away from the platform. I know a few guys who said that one of the reasons they'll never own one is because the gun is too unsteady in their hands during competitions. And it's all due to how their gripping the gun...

It could also be that the G26 has simply begun phasing out from the manufacturer (highly unlikely).

One of the biggest factors I found here in Canada is the inception of the KJW model 26s. They are much more readily available and come pre-kitted with a metal slide already. That, in itself, is enough to entice potential buyers to go for the KJW line instead.

One of the main reasons people tend to stay true the G17 is because of it's ability to be used in any type of scenario. Rarely, is the G26 used for competition use, for example, because of it's barrel length and how it affects accuracy...

The list can go on...

About Guarder...

Guarder slides have ALWAYS been troublesome in my past experiences. While many people would contend my opinion, I simply NOW believe them to be one those "budget friendly" slides (like the 5KUs and AIPs and Actions).

Buy a high quality slide like the Detonator ones or the Airsoft Surgeon or even GunsModify ones and compare them to the Guarder's slides. You'll see what I mean. Very little have I had to modify these slides for optimal performance. Guarder's on the other hand, I've had to modify the plastic frame AND the slide just to get them cycling smoothly.

THe biggest part of why I posted that statement is due to their fitment. Guarder slides have a tendency to be too tight, resulting in impeded slide strokes OR they can be too loose, resulting in a very wobbly slide to frame contact. You won't believe how many of these slides come across my repair shop. Most of them come to me either way and I have to modify them extensively to get a fluent slide stroke.

They even have trouble fitting their frame to their slide. lol.
Old October 5th, 2013, 09:33   #516
FirestormX

Great, thanks for the information e-luder!
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2013, 16:40   #517
turok_t

The build quality of these are awesome, and shipping was dirt cheap. Can't wait to install these on my G17's:

Last edited by turok_t; October 6th, 2017 at 22:12..
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2013, 17:39   #518
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

I just got a bunch of these Guns Modify G17 nozzles in stock as well. Haven't tried installing any yet, but if they're anything like their nozzle for the MP7, I'd say these are really solid.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2013, 18:11   #519
Danke

I just put one into the steel Guarder slide I've got on deck.

No one chiming in with where to find spare TM chassis parts yet?
Old October 9th, 2013, 18:21   #520
ARC-74
Can't Aim worth a damn!! old lady gives me heck for missing the toilet all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
I just put one into the steel Guarder slide I've got on deck.

No one chiming in with where to find spare TM chassis parts yet?
http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/i...=1_187_150_152
Ordered parts from them numerous times.
Old October 9th, 2013, 20:31   #521
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

Send a message via MSN to hattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
The build quality of these are awesome, and shipping was dirt cheap. Can't wait to install these on my G17's:

[/URL]

Am I the only one who sees what looks like a crack stemming from the rear sight screw hole? (the unit on the right)
You can only see it in the last two pictures.

-alex

maybe not from this .. and probably not today... but I assure you, you will die
hattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2013, 21:51   #522
MultipleParadox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick View Post
Am I the only one who sees what looks like a crack stemming from the rear sight screw hole? (the unit on the right)
You can only see it in the last two pictures.

-alex
Definitely cracked, from the looks of it O_o

I would be surprised, but from the look of the photos, it almost looks like powdered steel? Which would be a weird and expensive choice for this kind of part no?

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2013, 21:51   #523
Danke

Looks like a curly hair.
Old October 9th, 2013, 22:03   #524
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleParadox View Post
I would be surprised, but from the look of the photos, it almost looks like powdered steel? Which would be a weird and expensive choice for this kind of part no?
It's CNC aircraft aluminum (I believe 6061). The rough finish is part of the finishing process. It's either acid etched or sand blasted.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2013, 22:43   #525
MultipleParadox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
It's CNC aircraft aluminum (I believe 6061). The rough finish is part of the finishing process. It's either acid etched or sand blasted.
Thanks
Seems to make more sense!

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications