Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Best Beginner AEGs for ~$200?

:

Newbie Tank

Old June 2nd, 2014, 00:58   #16
Nirav

I'm in the same position but having a hard time choosing between the full steel exterior of a DBOY compared to the good internals of a CYMA.
Nirav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 01:43   #17
Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by targetGspot View Post
G&G is a good choice imo.
I agree, love my g&g
Old June 2nd, 2014, 02:57   #18
HKGhost

Regardless of what gun you decide on, just be prepared if shit hits the fan and the gun fails. When you buy cheap, you have a higher risk of getting a lemon and you'll need to replace parts. So if you get the CYMA, just have $50-$100 set aside for any issue. I would also suggest trying to scratch another $100 and get the LCT AK. The QC is much better and since you might have to spend the same amount to have the CYMA fixed. Its your call but I wish you all the best and not to get a lemon. And the KA M4 is a good solid beginners gun. Its not the best, but for what it cost, its the best bang for your money.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance

Last edited by HKGhost; June 2nd, 2014 at 02:59..
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 05:45   #19
MattG666

Thanks everyone for the help so far!

Is ~$250 really that 'cheap'? I looked for LCT aks and they are going for $400; too rich for my blood.
MattG666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 07:22   #20
Kingsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG666 View Post
Thanks everyone for the help so far!

Is ~$250 really that 'cheap'? I looked for LCT aks and they are going for $400; too rich for my blood.
Only if you want wood. 340 is the going rate on the 74m.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 09:25   #21
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

I'll throw my vote in for a CM16 Raider.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 14:40   #22
Spadona

If you're really, really, really tight on money, then I would recommend a Lancer Tactical ($120).

I've had a Lancer Tactical CQBR Mk18 for more than a year now, and it hasn't failed me yet (4000+ rounds). It comes with a 300rd hicap mag, and a 8.4v 1200mah nunchuck battery. This allowed me to get all the gear I needed to play for under $200. It's a good way for you to test the waters for airsoft. I would not recommend upgrading the LT guns at all, since it's more of a use-it-until-you-break-it gun.

However, I still agree with the above comments. If you're buying cheap, expect it to poop out on you in under a year (I've heard some stories of cheap guns breaking in under 1000 rounds). If it breaks, don't bother saving the thing. Strip it for parts to subsidize your next purchase.
Spadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 17:19   #23
CR0M

The lancer tactical M4 is ok... I had one, it shot great, and the internals were surprising for the price... I wouldnt drop it though...

Ive owned a cyma ak-47s plastic version, also a very decent gun for the price... no complaints, gamed it for a year, no failure...

the kA m4 I hear nothing but good things from everyone who owns one...
the last time I checked it was the cheapest full metal m4 you could get besides a dboys type... Im not big on dboys though
Old June 3rd, 2014, 20:08   #24
Spadona

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR0M View Post
The lancer tactical M4 is ok... I had one, it shot great, and the internals were surprising for the price... I wouldnt drop it though...

Ive owned a cyma ak-47s plastic version, also a very decent gun for the price... no complaints, gamed it for a year, no failure...

the kA m4 I hear nothing but good things from everyone who owns one...
the last time I checked it was the cheapest full metal m4 you could get besides a dboys type... Im not big on dboys though
Yeah. Don't drop your Lancer Tactical. It's body is made of (fragile) polymer. There is also a chance that you may crack the body when trying to take out the gearbox when changing springs (I've heard horror stories of upper/lower receivers snapping in half).

+1 on KA, though. I've heard that a lot of mags feed well into KA guns. It's also full-metal, which means you can be a little rough with it.
Spadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 21:40   #25
MattG666

Lol alright, saying away from lancer.

If I get the metal/wood cyma will that be relatively tough?
Old June 4th, 2014, 11:24   #26
K3vX

From what I've read and seen, Cyma's AK line is tough stuff, externally. The problem with buying a low-end clone is the quality control. There's a chance that gearbox outlast you, and there's a chance it fails after one mag.

King Arms may also fail after a mag, but it's less likely because of better QC than cyma.

LCT may also fail after a mag, but it's a lot lot less likely because of better QC than any brand below them.

See the pattern? In airsoft, you pay for external quality, and internal quality CONTROL.

I've got my hands on a 150$ G&G combat machine from someone who wanted his gun reworked. The internal were nice, at least for the particular rifle I had, I was actually surprised. I'd rate them at the same level as a classic army proline. But the nice parts were thrown together by a monkey because they have to sell it 150$ and make a profit.

Long story short, get a rifle that feels nice externally for your budget, expect it to fail, and keep money to pay a gundoc to make it reliable.
K3vX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2014, 17:20   #27
MattG666

Alright thanks, I will keep that in mind!

If a gun fails very early on, is there any kind of warranty?
Old June 4th, 2014, 17:28   #28
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Usually manufactures defect 30 day warranty IF you get it from a reputable retailer. Most retailers also have a no hassle refund/replacement for Dead on arrivals.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2014, 21:04   #29
Comeau-SCS

I personally own cyma AK and almost everyone in our team owns one. I can recommand them for the price. Nothing to worry about exept perhaps the FPS limit on field, many cyma AK shoot over 400 FPS with 0.2 and you will need to change the spring. As you are new to airsoft this can look scary but it is not, worse case ask the retailers about the FPS of the gun before you order it.

In m4 style the new JG full metal body line are very good too for a low price.
Comeau-SCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2014, 18:46   #30
barberouge

I have a ICS M4 and it only cost 140$.
barberouge is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank