Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Is Blacksheep Milsim coming to Canada?

:

Airsoft Media

Old February 19th, 2014, 21:47   #1
foxtrot-one7

Arrow Is Blacksheep Milsim coming to Canada?

I had a chance to chat with Maj Bucciarelli and asked them this very question.

Click to listen...

www.canadiancrimsonforce.com
You Get Out of It What You Put Into It...
foxtrot-one7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2014, 22:16   #2
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Not to jump on the guys more than they have been with the drama last year, but he still sounds extremely arrogant.

Finding the right facility - The team needs some minimum level of facility to play? Most of our big game locations are very good. Of course they are noting compared to places in the states - but places like that simply do not exist here. We don't have massive mil complexes and abandoned malls...

Bring the Blacksheep experience to us - Are we, as a community, really missing out on something so beyond our capacity that they need to be here to show us how to play airsoft?

Why don't they work out RUNNING a game up here, that may be far more beneficial to the community than them just playing. A vast majority here has never experienced a US style Milsim, it would go a long way in showing people what we are working towards with series like Nightfall.

I'm sure they are still a great bunch of guys - but that cocky attitude has never flown here.

If they make it up, I hope its to a game I am able to attend.
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 15:49   #3
foxtrot-one7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrajr122 View Post
it would go a long way in showing people what we are working towards with series like Nightfall.

You do realize that Nightfall uses the Blacksheep Milsim formula?

Old February 21st, 2014, 15:59   #4
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Yes, but it is still a ways off from the large games in the US.
This community has a long road to travel before games like the ones in the US happen here.
Old February 21st, 2014, 16:03   #5
foxtrot-one7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrajr122 View Post
Yes, but it is still a ways off from the large games in the US.
This community has a long road to travel before games like the ones in the US happen here.
Agreed.

Old February 21st, 2014, 16:10   #6
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

He did not come off as arrogant to me, seems like he knows he has a solid product and wants to sell it to as many people who are willing to buy it.

his point regarding appropriate venue is key. The attendance needs to be at a level that makes the event financially viable.

Mustering that number of players is not impossible, but to get them you have to sell the event to hard core milsimmers and to casual skirmishers alike, and this is where the conflicts come from.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 17:47   #7
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
Mustering that number of players is not impossible, but to get them you have to sell the event to hard core milsimmers and to casual skirmishers alike, and this is where the conflicts come from.
I do agree that this is one of our largest problems, we simply do not have enough players that are actually dedicated to the style of play, and can maintain reputation with the community. We all know how tightly knit we are, and when the drama flies, one side ends up getting ousted for a time, or longer.

Events like nightfall are working hard to introduce new players and long time skirmishers to the concept of milsim, but it will still be a long and slowly traversed road. It is a trip that I am looking forward to though, especially our east where we have only had a big boom in players over the past couple of years.
We have a LOT of new players and venues popping up everywhere and the senior players that have attended a number of the well run milsims in Ontario are banding together to start hosting 'milsim lite' type games to bring the new players a milsim experience that they can handle without feeling like they are being left behind.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 17:53   #8
Felonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
He did not come off as arrogant to me, seems like he knows he has a solid product and wants to sell it to as many people who are willing to buy it.

his point regarding appropriate venue is key. The attendance needs to be at a level that makes the event financially viable.

After the shit show that just happened with NF3, I personally think attendance wouldn't be a problem.
Felonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2014, 19:08   #9
R.T Plissken

^ He's right, what more proof do we really need? 344 spots in 7.5 minutes...
R.T Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2014, 20:20   #10
Brit ter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.T Plissken View Post
Just open events like this up to more players , throw in military vehicals and abit of military support and "poof"
Old February 22nd, 2014, 20:36   #11
Derpystronk

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.T Plissken View Post
344 spots purchased != 344 committed players.

It's yet to be seen if these players will be back at their cars by sunset. It's a very rare occurrence to have a majority of players still in the field at the twelve hour mark. Most games have people run back to their cars or just head home when they feel they have had enough fun.

The times where this hasn't happened in my three and a half years of Airsofting I can count on one hand. It's literally like... Three or four games.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 22:13   #12
R.T Plissken

I don't understand what that has to do with attendance to these events...

NF3 sold 344 tickets in 7.5 minutes with probably another 100 players or so wishing to have gotten tickets. Having players committed to playing the full duration of an event will always be a problem with airsoft; NF2 had 2/3 of Tan quit out before 9a.m yet there was no hesitation for people to sign up for NF3...

Like Brit ter said, add some military grade vehicles and support and I can't see how there wouldn't be demand for Blacksheep Milsims in Canada and thats to not to mention those Yanks that would be willing to come up here to try a new venue
R.T Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2014, 22:43   #13
Brit ter

Build it and they will come !
Old February 22nd, 2014, 23:58   #14
Derpystronk

Pliss the main point of confusion is the assumption that demand for a product means 100% acceptance of the product. That's not true. The reason why you have everyone and their mother signing up for Nightfall, and OP Rhino before it, is because that was the "big game." It was the one that everyone went to. If you went to one game the whole year - that would be it. All your friends are there so you know you will have a great time.

I think what happens is that people are drawn to the idea of a MILSIM. They like the concept, they like the idea of playing a full 24 hours, and they like that the competition will be people who are drawn to that as well. With all this knowledge going into it when people register you still have the vast majority of events hosted have the majority of players not make it to morning. I'm not talking 24 hours of GO GO GO, or getting some rack time in the field. I'm saying that an overwhelming amount of people then go to their car to sleep (out of play), or just leave the game entirely.

Would maybe hosting shorter games be better for the community at large? Probably. If 2/3 of the players can only make it for 12 hours what is the point of paying for all that extra time no one will use? People clearly aren't using the remaining 6-12 hours that you pay for the game - they don't want it. Maybe what they really want is just a 12 hour event since that is all they are willing to play... But would 300+ people sign up for a 12 hour game? Probably not.

But yeah after year you still have people signing up and going to these major events knowing full well that the majority of people won't make it. If we can't get these players to commit to the full length of our own games why do we need game organizers from other countries coming up here and doing the same thing? Will more events that people are not ready for fix the problem? I doubt it.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 00:30   #15
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

I've stopped hosting 24hr games because as has been spelled out above, maybe 50% of players love the idea of a 24hr game, but 5% max are actually able to go that long even with 5-6hrs of rack time in the field.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media