Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New FAMAS arrived!

:

Airsoft Media

Old March 19th, 2011, 15:26   #31
Sursion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerKurMaKs View Post
Was asking myself and many, but this tread comes handy for sure.

I'm looking for famas mags guys, I've a tm Famas and I know I can order TM mags from e hobby asia and they are made of metal... but damn, 30 box each (shipping mostly included in this count) it get easy over 100$ and I want more than 3 mags.

I've read Cybergun have a Famas that look pretty much like the tm one, and I've just step on this tread with the CYMA famas.

Do you know dealers that sell low caps (60 bbs) of CYMA or Cybergun?

Thank you
Cybergun (aka CYMA) make FAMAS mags, but I don't think it'd be a good idea to mix them with TM parts, and vice versa. They might fit, but if they don't, you're out $30.

Last edited by Sursion; March 19th, 2011 at 16:20..
Sursion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2011, 22:40   #32
fi3re

Send a message via MSN to fi3re
hey, could you describe a little more how it feels in the hands? like how does it compare to a full metal gun? Hows the feel of the plastic? Is it that nice texture or does it feel like a toy?

I always thought the real famas was metal...

TM MP5k PDW -ris, stubby grip, DNTC, electro
KWA USP 45

"SNIPER" is NOT a gun. It is a person. Saying "I use a sniper" is like saying "I fly a pilot".
fi3re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2011, 22:42   #33
fi3re

Send a message via MSN to fi3re
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redzephyr View Post
You make it sound like RealSword makes the only Kalashnikovs in the airsoft world...

The Type 56s might be the nicest, but they're hardly the only ones.
From what I know of realsword, its almost like RS ak's are real steel guns that are converted to shoot bb's. I'd say they dont even count as airsoft guns as far as "toy" aspect

TM MP5k PDW -ris, stubby grip, DNTC, electro
KWA USP 45

"SNIPER" is NOT a gun. It is a person. Saying "I use a sniper" is like saying "I fly a pilot".
fi3re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 04:06   #34
Sursion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi3re View Post
hey, could you describe a little more how it feels in the hands? like how does it compare to a full metal gun? Hows the feel of the plastic? Is it that nice texture or does it feel like a toy?

I always thought the real famas was metal...
Feel: Very ergonomic. It feels great and very natural when you're holding it. The grooves in the forward grip fit my fingers perfectly. The handle helps a lot for carrying the weapon around. The entire gun can also be configured for left handers. I'm not left handed, but I'm sure it comes in handy for those that are. The built-in bipod is also very nice. The buttpad on the stock has rubber spikes in it, and it makes your shoulder a bit tender when you're first getting used to it. But soon you won't even notice. Also, the cheekpad is too low for me to rest my cheek on, but that doesn't really concern me. I just lean my jaw against it when I'm sighting in. It's more for blocking off the ejection port (left/right handed configurations) anyways. In my opinion, very nice.

Build: It weighs about 4kg (7lbs), so about the same as an M16. The chassis is ABS plastic, the rest is metal. The plastic feels quality though, not cheapy walmart type of plastic. It feels very professional and realistic. The coating/paint also feels and looks great. You'd swear it was metal if you saw it from a distance.

Realism: The chassis of real FAMAS's are ABS plastic aswell. Most likely to keep the weight down. I'd imagine if it was full-metal, it would weigh as much as an AK-47. The handle really adds a lot of weight.

Other: About 1 in 10 mag changes, the magazine won't clip in right. But all you have to do is take it out and try again. As far as I'm concerned, no big deal. That's really the only thing I've found wrong with it.

Last edited by Sursion; March 20th, 2011 at 04:10..
Sursion is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media