Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Is it blind fire?

:

General

Old March 28th, 2015, 20:12   #16
Wilkie

The way I read it, the individual can see where his rounds are landing, assuming nothing gets infront of his barrel, which is protruding outside of his cone of vision due to the wall. Someone could stick their face infront of the hole, and he wouldn't have any idea until he notices that his rounds are no longer hitting their target down range

Thus being a safely issue
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2015, 20:49   #17
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

There's has to be a connect between your eyes, your gun, your tradjectory and the end of your barrel.
Old July 17th, 2017, 20:43   #18
Tempest VI

So what about using a weapon such as the M134 or M2? Not really any sights on those, and you aim by watching where your rounds go (at least on the real things). That's the same principle as looking through the holes in a pallet while shooting you gun from the top or sides. Just curious, not like you see those things that much.
Old July 17th, 2017, 21:25   #19
Datawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest VI View Post
So what about using a weapon such as the M134 or M2? Not really any sights on those, and you aim by watching where your rounds go (at least on the real things). That's the same principle as looking through the holes in a pallet while shooting you gun from the top or sides. Just curious, not like you see those things that much.
First off, bit of a necro.

Second, shooting your gun from the top or sides of a pallet while looking through the holes is definitely blind fire. You can't see the barrel of your gun; as the guys at Siege put it so eloquently "somebody could be deepthroating your barrel and you wouldn't know it".

For the Browning or the Minigun, you're pretty much standing behind/beside it, and they're such situational/rare/expensive weapons that we don't see it much anyways.

Last edited by Datawraith; July 17th, 2017 at 22:00..
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 21:59   #20
Tempest VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
First off, bit of a necro.

Second, shooting your gun from the top or sides of a pallet while looking through the holes is definitely blind fire.

For the Browning or the Minigun, you're pretty much standing behind/beside it, and they're such situational/rare/expensive weapons that we don't see it much anyways.

First off, sorry I won't ever reply to anything from the second page and on ever again.

Second, wasn't asking about the pallet situation, only used it as an example.

I understand the Browning or the Minigun are very rare and not seen a lot. However, I have seen them a few times, and they so still exists. Going back to the shooting while looking through a peep hole, you're "pretty much standing behind/beside" you primary. An airsoft gun is an airsoft gun, just because you have 1 barrel or 6 doesn't mean you can "blind fire" or not. So let me re-ask the question. If you are not allowed to shoot your gun, while looking through a peep hole, while in cover, only having your gun exposed. Then is M2, or 134, or anything similar to that allowed to do the same. Since one could argue that the operator of the M2, or 134, or anything similar is not technically aiming the gun, but "blind firing" it. Also as an added bonus, then does this mean that hip firing is also technically "blind firing"?
Old July 17th, 2017, 22:07   #21
Datawraith

If you can see your barrel and where your BBs are going, that's typically not blind fire; there's no real obstacle between your line of sight and your barrel or where you are shooting.

You could shoulder a rifle and aim down the barrel, but not looking through the sight. Is that blind firing? I wouldn't consider it blind firing; you can see that you're not ramming your barrel down some dude's throat and you can see where you're shooting. Same deal with the M2 and M134. If you go to milsims with even LMGs, you'll note a lot of the time, they're not aiming down sight; they're watching their BBs. Not a problem as long as they see where their barrel is and where their BBs are going.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 22:09   #22
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

ok lets drop the attitude.

Hip firing a weapon is much different from blind firing, as with hip firing you are aware of where your barrel is, whats infront etc.. blind firing, even through peephole you are not behind your gun, you do not know what is infront of the barrel.

basically if you're not behind your weapon you're blind firing, simple. lets stop with the rather stupid attempts at finding "loopholes"
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 22:24   #23
nardac

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
ok lets drop the attitude.

Hip firing a weapon is much different from blind firing, as with hip firing you are aware of where your barrel is, whats infront etc.. blind firing, even through peephole you are not behind your gun, you do not know what is infront of the barrel.

basically if you're not behind your weapon you're blind firing, simple. lets stop with the rather stupid attempts at finding "loopholes"
Exactly!
nardac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 22:37   #24
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Imagine a triangle made up between your eyes, the end of your barrel and the target. If you bring your eyes to your sights the triangle almost compresses into a straight line, but bring it down to your hip and the triangle opens. Whatever is within that triangle is the shooters responsibility. If a solid object is breaking the lines of the triangle they have to be far enough away, like a tree or some brush. The closer the object gets to the shooter the more dangerous it becomes to others. So a solid or solid-ish object close to, or around your barrel breaking your view and/or awareness of what may be between the end of the barrel and the target along the tradjectory means a lack of accountability on the shooters part. There's lots of grey in this area, so use your best judgement. Safety and honour are your best bets. If you ram a gun into someone's face (which I've seen) and you claim you were unaware, that won't be considered a defence. Take that for what it is.

On the extreme end there is no triangle, because the shooter isn't even looking or can't see period. Everything in this catagory is a no-no.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General