Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tanio Koba / KJW M4 GBBR Basic Information and FAQ

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 23rd, 2013, 03:26   #901
bookyle

Hey guys, just need clarification on the stock and buffer tube. From what I read in this thread it seems that the buffer tube can't be replaced, and it's milspec dimension.

So aeg stocks without buffer tube is hit and miss (since aeg stocks have no standard) and real steel stocks without buffer tube will fit no problem.

This this right?
bookyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2014, 02:44   #902
cmurphy485

Loading tool

Hi guys,
Can anyone point me in the right direction to buy the loading tool/rod/adapter thingy to load the mags? I bought mine used and it did not come with one
cmurphy485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2014, 11:13   #903
audi_bhoy

You can contact KJW directly via Email, they provide good service and I sometimes buy directly from them for parts.
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:20   #904
TG211

Alright, soon done with my customization ! It will look like this :

I just need to make the small dent like 'theshaneler' explained in post #255 of this thread. http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showpos...&postcount=255

Though the 10.3" barrel I got is the one from Madbull, the place the hop up unit fits is adjustable ! You can remove it to fit the length.

Example :

See that ? The hop up unit doesn't go all the way. It's because it's stopped early by the barrel, like this :

You just need to unscrew a little the 2 screws of the Madbull barrel and adjust.

Though, I'm wondering if I should still modify the diameter so it fits like on the KJ original barrel, like this:
You see that it's made so the inner barrel fits right in.

Also, I'm wondering if I should bore a hole so I put the tightening screw of the original barrel, like you can see on this pic:

I mean, is there a risk the hop up chamber will not be stable enough and I could lose accuracy ?

What do you guys think ? A friend of mine has the tools to make the modifications, but I'm not sure if they're all necessary (save for the dent to not hinder the bolt mechanism) ?

Would be thankful for some help.
TG211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 16:03   #905
Saberwing

Anybody have the current contact info of KJW? I need to replace my outer buffer tube, tried emailing them at the address I have from previous orders and it failed to send.
Old January 13th, 2014, 17:03   #906
FirestormX

I emailed them a couple months ago at sales@kjworks.com.tw, and it went through fine.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 03:48   #907
Ced1942

Hey guys anyone use or used Hephaestus steel charging handle?
Got some issue with mine the bolt wont come back when i press the bolt catch when i use this charging handle is there any way to fix this since i know my stock one will not last long...
Ced1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 16:55   #908
Jamroxorz
Jamroz

I just got my metal lower receiver for the gun =]. Are there any guides out there on how to replace all the guts from the plastic to the metal? I haven't been able to find any. Cheers!
Jamroxorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 09:04   #909
TG211

Damn, my custom fell apart yesterday... The outer barrel jumped out in the middle of a fight... As I've shown recently how the outer barrel I got was adjustable, I guess that it didn't really enjoy GBBR vibrations... since it was designed for AEGs. (ie post http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showpos...&postcount=904)

To solve the problem, I'm thinking putting some Loctite 271 in the screws and on the parts connecting the outer barrel's moving part and it's base, but I don't know how string it is... Or I could have it welded. Some colleague even recommended boring 2 new holes on the sides to put more screws...

What would you guys suggest ?
Old February 26th, 2014, 23:29   #910
audi_bhoy

Just tought I'd leave a picture of my set-up for the upcoming season,

Old February 27th, 2014, 11:40   #911
FirestormX

Needs moar mags!
very nice, though.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 16:35   #912
audi_bhoy

Had 10mags before, then some started leaking/jamming BBs, found 5 others for a fairly good price, finally today I refurbished every half working mag, took me 7 o-ring kits, 4 exhaust valves. Ordered directly from KJW, I love their customer service

Some of my teammates bought KJW M4s this winter so I'll be shooting them some mags ...
Old February 27th, 2014, 23:40   #913
ninja_doc

Is there a recommended hop up rubber to run .36s?

Last edited by ninja_doc; February 27th, 2014 at 23:42.. Reason: Found my own answer.
ninja_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2014, 03:47   #914
TG211

Oh, I have a question about the Version 2 bolt. I've ordered the set. Are you guys happy with it ? I've heard it has drawbacks... Also, does it take the ra-tech NPAS valve (I've found a way to make it last longer, lol) or do you recommend the cradle valve ? Can't have too much FPS in my team...
Old February 28th, 2014, 15:45   #915
audi_bhoy

Cradle will need to use the stock valve's smaller O-ring, else you will most likely shoot 270 IIRC.

I use .28G and stock hop-up, tried the RA-Tech blue one but I prefer the stock KJW, I have awesome precision with RA-Tech 6.01mm inner barrel...
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion