Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tanio Koba / KJW M4 GBBR Basic Information and FAQ

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 16th, 2013, 12:55   #871
IggysPiggy

CT three packs always go on sale for cheap in the camping section. How a fuel all my gbb guns.
IggysPiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 22:32   #872
Saberwing

Can somebody with the CQBR model tell me what part number the sling adapter is? Or even if they wanted to sell it to me...
Old January 23rd, 2013, 17:15   #873
taysobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberwing View Post
Can somebody with the CQBR model tell me what part number the sling adapter is? Or even if they wanted to sell it to me...
I got two Magpul RSA 's if youd like them for $20, I got them from ehobbyasia for an outrageous price of $30 ech

photo.JPG

Last edited by taysobe; January 23rd, 2013 at 17:41..
taysobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 17:29   #874
taysobe

panorama 015.jpg
2nd KJW finished

panorama 019.jpg
Top is my first finished KJ project and the bottom is the start of my second project
taysobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 03:46   #875
LocoYokoPoco
a.k.a. ian209

Finally.... someone made steel charging handles for KJW M4. If this had been on the market a year ago, I would have kept my KJW M4's.

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=2488

Armory
-KWA Tavor TAR21 GBBR
-TM PX4 w/Detonator Aluminum Slide
LocoYokoPoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2013, 18:24   #876
AnthraX_aX!s

Hey guys,
First off I'd like to thank Baker and his boys at Capital Airsoft for doing an awesome job on my M4, even though it was only a little tinkering they had to do, it's a beauty (I'll post pics later).

Secondly I'd like to ask all they guys here what mods they prefer on there KJW M4's ? I'm talking about what barrel will give best accuracy, hop ups, sights, stocks, outer buffer tubes, internal mods such as trigger jobs, velocity reducers, aftermarket springs and such?

I've been out of the game for the past two years with a shoulder injury and its almost recovered now, so gotta get back into it!! But first want to get the M4 up to date with the latest mods the enemy may have!!
AnthraX_aX!s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 00:36   #877
Saberwing

What pouches are you guys using for your mags? I'd like to double stack my mags, but putting them in double stack pouches is a huge pain in the *albatross*. I either can't get them out without using two hands or can't get them in without hitting them hard...
I plan on getting 2 more magazines a total of 8 for Nightfall 2 in a few months and won't be to run my set up the way I usually do with 5 double mag pouches, 1 mag in each and 1 in the gun...
Old February 5th, 2013, 11:04   #878
audi_bhoy

I use open top dual or triple pouches, I soaked them in hot water and then inserted the mags in them, seems to help, some still tighter but I usually can get them out with one hand.

Shitty picture I have but you can see the set-up.
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 15:05   #879
rimouskite

Hi Guys!!

I'm new to airsoft and i'm awaiting my KJW M4 next week !! :-)

I've search the entire thread and did not find anything conclusive about
And ambi safety on the KJW any ideas ??

Thanks
rimouskite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 12:08   #880
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Can someone link me to a guide on how to put the selector switch back in? Mine popped out somehow and I cant figure out how to get it back in properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2013, 23:13   #881
Olisharpeye

Send a message via MSN to Olisharpeye
I've been bounching between dozens of retailers and forums figuring out compatibility for the Tanio Koba KJW M4. First off I've been searching for bolt carrier replacement. I've found 3 so far. My main question is it worth the money to get the Cradle bolt carrier extension($160) compared to either V2 KJW($40) or V2 RA-Tech($50). I've purchase the X-piston and velocity reducer from them. But $160 seems pretty steep for that part.

Second part, I'm looking to equip some magpul accessories. The whole sha-bang. I'm looking for Stock, Pistol Grip, Hand guards/rails for starters anything else is just eye candy. If you have other recommendations I'm all ears as I want a rugged kit that's rock solid. I just need to know for certain any AEG front end will work with this rifle and any MIL-SPEC stocks will work with the stock buffer tube. Is the pistol grip Mil-spec as well or is it proprietary?

I think I read on here that the 7" Magpul Moe PTS do not fit. Was anyone able to get it to fit with modification? I've read mixed reviews on Magpul PTS series, For those that have them equipped on their KJW's how do you guys like them?

Thanks in advance for your help. I do apologize if this is repeated information but I'm about to drop 300-400 so I want to be certain I can do this.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 16:13   #882
audi_bhoy

It does accept AEG fronts, I've got a Madbull Viking 13" on mine and it was bolt-on without modification. Stock buffer tube accepts AEG stocks, but some may have a little wobble, which can be fixed by applying some thick tape inside the stock's housing. I've managed to install a PTS PRS stock on mine, but I had to modify things to make it fit. I can't tell for the pistol grip, mine came with a G27 pistol grip already.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 15:58   #883
Olisharpeye

Send a message via MSN to Olisharpeye
Thank-you for the prompt response Audi_bhoy. Great to get some feedback on the compatibility from another user. But I'm still wondering if it's worth $160(Cradle Bolt Carrier Extension) or if I should just buy another V1 extension from KJW. Does anyone have the Cradle Bolt Extension?
Old April 23rd, 2013, 18:29   #884
audi_bhoy

The Cradle kit, as far as I remember, needs a V1 plastic nozzle to work, which is not included in the kit, but I can't be sure, you'd have to check that out. IMO, original V2 is a nice and cheap option, even if I couldn't manage to get mine working ( I tried to modify the internals, which didn't work in fact, getting a new one this week).

V1 bolt has served me well for the past 2 summers, I just don't want the rubber band to fail on me :P
Old April 23rd, 2013, 20:19   #885
p.phresh

I don't know anything about the cradle bolt, I'm running a V1 bolt and I bought a V2 bolt from cansoft.biz as a back up in case my V1 dies completely.

I have a magpul PTS MOE CTR stock on my M4 along with the MOE Grip. The hole for the detent pin for the fire selector switch doesn't match up. There's a void in the grip you'll need to fill, you can use wadded paper if you really want, I used a small piece of lexan i had lying around.

I also have a Daniel defense RIS on my front end, I believe it's for an AEG, I'm not too sure, i bought it this way, but it is rock solid.

Other things I found that fit is a Classic Army Ready Mag, MagPul BAD lever, MagPul ASAP sling plate.

and those FastMags fit the M4 mags, if anyone was wondering.
p.phresh is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion