FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old January 23rd, 2014, 03:34   #1861
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
Does anyone know if there is any benefit to using a 1911 style hopup chamber when using a 5.1 spring guide that has a hole at the base?

I'm assuming that the spring guide will be less likely to slip but is there any other benefit?

I've got one of each and was considering using the 1911 one on my Kimber Capa 5.1
If it's a full length guide rod, there is no performance benefit. It will make installation of the guide rod rather difficult though, depending on your setup. It may be easier to just hack off the post. I see no need to have that post if you are running a full length guide rod.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2014, 03:36   #1862
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuShen View Post
I recently bought the original Tokyo Marui Muzzle Housing (blow back unit) for the hi-capa 5.1 and didn't realize it doesnt come with some parts.

anyone know where i can find these parts? Specifically H51-15 and H51-16

I have these in stock, if you haven't found them yet. Their purpose is to stabilize the loading nozzle and give it a bit more durability. It also gives a location for the hammer to be ridden on, as your hammer hooks wear with use. I would recommend installing these parts.

Contact me by PM to source these parts. I will be a bit slow to respond, but will eventually do so.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 03:38   #1863
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by famidrive View Post
Alright...trying this thread to see if there's anyone who could address this.
I thought it would be an issue with the leaf spring, but after stripping it,
testing it out...and doing what others suggest might fix the problem after
watching videos on youtube, I'm starting to doubt. What could be wrong?

I even tried a brand new leaf spring and the problem was still there.
Bend that leaf spring prong forward a bit, AT the existing bend. Do NOT bend it anywhere else along the length of it. Use the existing bend as your location. Use needle nose pliers to do this to get a precision bend. This applies a greater pre-load weight on the disconnector, which will push it back up as per normal operation.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 03:40   #1864
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar120c View Post
My TM Desert Warrior (1/2 Meu and 1/2 HiCapa 4.3) left stock for now, works very well but with an issue.
The hop up seems to be not very able to hop the bb's.
To obtain a straight shot with 0,20 bb's I must rotate the wheel 3/4 hop and it is almost impossible to shot straight with 0,23 or 0.25 bb's .
I have another TM Pistol, the Detonics which shots very well up to 0,25 bb's so I think my DW has some issue.

Taken apart all the hop up system I haven't found any visible defect so I cleaned and rebuilt.

I think that the issue should be the oil of the piston lubing or the oil of the green gas I use that "lube" the hop rubber

So this is an Upgrade Modifications forum, what parts should I buy to obtain more straight shots? My idea is to buy an new ho up rubber but I don't know what should be better for this pistol and a precision barrel but I don' know what diameter, 6.01 should be right?
All, leaving the pistol "full plastic" outside, I'm beginning to appreciate the lightness of a plastic slide in winter
Upgrade to the A+ hop up rubber. The performance from them is absolutely stellar, and they're quite resistant to silicon oil slip.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 03:42   #1865
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
I gave up to upgrade to full metal and keep my DW with stock slide and frame so I noticed the in winter a light plastic pistol works better. The only thing I wish to do is to add weight to my pistol because installing Hogues grip I had to remove the grip weights so I thought to install a steel outer barrel.
An outher barrel is not moving during the slide action so the lightness of the plastic slide should be untouched. My question is if there are (HiCapa 4.3) steel barrel fitting the stock slide of the DW without issue?
Incorrect. In fact, the outer barrel DOES move during slide action... IF you're using a traditional tilting barrel. If you install a tilting metal barrel with a plastic slide, you will destroy the slide and it will eventually lock up on itself every time you fire.

If you wish to do a metal barrel upgrade, make sure you pick up a non-tilting metal barrel, such as the ILLusion Kinetics one.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 12:51   #1866
kar120c

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Incorrect. In fact, the outer barrel DOES move during slide action... IF you're using a traditional tilting barrel. If you install a tilting metal barrel with a plastic slide, you will destroy the slide and it will eventually lock up on itself every time you fire.

If you wish to do a metal barrel upgrade, make sure you pick up a non-tilting metal barrel, such as the ILLusion Kinetics one.
The IK outer barrel is safe with plastic slide?
kar120c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2014, 13:03   #1867
kar120c

Quote:
Upgrade to the A+ hop up rubber. The performance from them is absolutely stellar, and they're quite resistant to silicon oil slip.
Just read very nice comment about this kink of Hop up, but it seems to be sized for 0,28 to 0,30 bb's, right?
Old February 2nd, 2014, 13:35   #1868
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
The IK outer barrel is safe with plastic slide?
Yes, that's what it was originally designed for.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 13:35   #1869
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Just read very nice comment about this kink of Hop up, but it seems to be sized for 0,28 to 0,30 bb's, right?
It's fine with 0.25g, as long as you're not using the A+ Devil Strike Chamber Insert as well.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 15:03   #1870
kar120c

Quote:
Yes, that's what it was originally designed for.
Ok, If I wanted to buy one?
Old February 8th, 2014, 11:47   #1871
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Ok, If I wanted to buy one?
Just message me. I have a couple left.

My response times will be a bit slow for the next couple of weeks, as I'm still catching up with a pile of private messages and emails from the past two months.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 19:22   #1872
TeamZohan

Before getting into upgrades I want to know if this behavior of my brand new TM 5.1 is normal: When trying to see the piston head and pulling back the nozzle, it gets stuck after about a quarter of an inch. When I wiggle a little at the piston, it unsticks and I can move it back until I see the piston head. It shoots normal as far as I can tell, but in comparisson, my KWA's nozzles just move back and forth freely.
It seems to stick at a small edge where BBU and slide connect - is this bad QC by Marui? Even though a change of slide and BBU is scheduled, I still like to know if I got a lemon or if this somehow is in the range of "normal" with the TM 5.1.
Any insight greatly appreciated - thanks!
TeamZohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2014, 16:45   #1873
Wepeel

I recently received gunsmith bros frame and hammer set. I put it all together but the hammer falls into half cock whenever I pull the trigger. What's the problem here?
Wepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2014, 16:56   #1874
apilar

I would think ur half cock problems come from the 3 finger spring.

The middle finger might need a little bend toward ur face (when looking at it installed)
apilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2014, 23:14   #1875
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wepeel View Post
I recently received gunsmith bros frame and hammer set. I put it all together but the hammer falls into half cock whenever I pull the trigger. What's the problem here?
You need to check the interaction of the half-cock nub. In some cases, it's best to just remove it.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications