Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CANSOFCOM Colt Canada C8IUR (pics by Larry Vickers)

:

Canadian

Old July 7th, 2015, 13:25   #61
ShadowTwoSix

Having said all that, I may have found a new RS rail that more closely mimics the IUR size & shape more than anything I've found so far. Enter the Troy Industries M-Lok Battlerail!

https://troyind.com/products/m-lok-556-aluminum-9-blk

Regardless of rail, I still have to add some sort of narrow piece of sheet metal to cover the remaining slots from the side rails back to the rear of the rail and add the single picatinny slot at the very rear (as you can see in this pic from Larry Vickers):

Old July 8th, 2015, 01:00   #62
-=ArchAngel=-

kac is coming out with their urx4 m-lok rail soon, too. Also look at the side portions of the handguard that are flat. I believe those are some magpul m-lok type 1 rail covers. Perhaps u could go that route instead of sheet metal

Last edited by -=ArchAngel=-; July 8th, 2015 at 01:34..
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2015, 04:07   #63
ShadowTwoSix

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
kac is coming out with their urx4 m-lok rail soon, too. Also look at the side portions of the handguard that are flat. I believe those are some magpul m-lok type 1 rail covers. Perhaps u could go that route instead of sheet metal
Indeed! I will check that out!!! And the rail covers... Oh yeah, if I don't have to go the other route, that'd be just fine with me! Thanks for posting that!
Old July 13th, 2015, 03:44   #64
ravan318

After combining some studies from ShadowTwoSix and other references from other threads in this forum, this is what my current C8A3 looks like.
My current C8 impression:

Originally I opted for a more conventional C8 look by spraying the CADPAT light green with the original carbine stock and butt pad, but once I upgraded my Multicam kit to CSOR impression, I also upgraded the rest of my gun to more "customized SOF" style. With this I added the 2" barrel extension (haven't made the custom barrel extension yet), Vortex flash hider, used VLTOR stock, and changed the RIS and removed the delta ring. For accessories I used the EOTECH 552 and the PEQ-15. I also wasn't able to get the proper engravings for the fire selector unfortunately, so I think I will redo the CNC someday to get it right.

ravan318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 05:15   #65
ShadowTwoSix

So I was just wasting a bit of time with Pimp-My-Gun and did this...

Last edited by ShadowTwoSix; May 2nd, 2016 at 02:26.. Reason: Replaced image
ShadowTwoSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2015, 04:12   #66
ShadowTwoSix

Latest on my C8 builds...

The idea is to have two full rifles. Just need another lower/upper set and I'll be good to go! As you can see in one of the images, my trades are still the non CF Diemaco trades and that irks me constantly. Hopefully with a new body set I can get proper trades engraved and have peace of mind! At that point, I'll leave the G&P Diemaco body to my backup. :P

Oh... and paint!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP5055.jpg (141.7 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP5064.jpg (143.7 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP5070.jpg (88.5 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP5071.jpg (86.6 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP5072.jpg (95.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP5052.jpg (144.6 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP5047.jpg (157.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP5045.jpg (162.8 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by ShadowTwoSix; August 20th, 2015 at 12:55..
Old August 19th, 2015, 11:21   #67
CanTacBro

Awesome !!!!
CanTacBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2015, 03:39   #68
ravan318

Hey Shadow how did you get the silencer to work/attached to the gun?

I have the Vortex Flash Hider and the Ops Inc 12th Suppressor, but I don't know how to attach the suppressor to the gun. Can you explain if there are anything else I have missed?

Thanks
Old September 29th, 2015, 10:14   #69
ShadowTwoSix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravan318 View Post
Hey Shadow how did you get the silencer to work/attached to the gun?

I have the Vortex Flash Hider and the Ops Inc 12th Suppressor, but I don't know how to attach the suppressor to the gun. Can you explain if there are anything else I have missed?

Thanks
Yeah I didn't. Not yet anyway. It's the SPR flash hider stuck on there as a placeholder. Just thought I pop it on to take pics of my boomstick with the suppressor. The suppressor is purely for looks and serves no other purpose on my build as the SPR flash hider does not allow a longer inner barrel to protrude through the bore at the very front as it's too narrow. Besides, I'm a firm believer in Hop-up / barrel group mods to increase range & accuracy over and above longer inner barrels.

I still hope to have a functional machined flash hider some day that will allow the suppressor but for now I'll just throw on the SPR if needed.

:P
Old September 29th, 2015, 10:19   #70
ravan318

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTwoSix View Post
Yeah I didn't. Not yet anyway. It's the SPR flash hider stuck on there as a placeholder. Just thought I pop it on to take pics of my boomstick with the suppressor. The suppressor is purely for looks and serves no other purpose on my build as the SPR flash hider does not allow a longer inner barrel to protrude through the bore at the very front as it's too narrow. Besides, I'm a firm believer in Hop-up / barrel group mods to increase range & accuracy over and above longer inner barrels.

I still hope to have a functional machined flash hider some day that will allow the suppressor but for now I'll just throw on the SPR if needed.

:P

Thanks. So in other words I have to use the SPR flash hider in order to attach the silencer is that what you mean? Or is there a way or some possibilities to use the Vortex and the silencer together?
Old September 29th, 2015, 23:28   #71
ShadowTwoSix

Quote:
Thanks. So in other words I have to use the SPR flash hider in order to attach the silencer is that what you mean? Or is there a way or some possibilities to use the Vortex and the silencer together?
No there's no way I know of to use the airsoft version Smith-style Vortex flash hider to attach the Ops Inc suppressor. It needs to be narrower by at least 1-2mm and threaded on the outside. You could in theory find a machine shop to mill down the front diameter a bit and have the rear threaded on the outside. Only problem I foresee might be the front prongs getting too thin to look realistic.

My preference is to design one from scratch almost identical look to the Smith Enterprises Vortex G6A2-SBV but using the dimensions from the front end of the SPR flash hider. Now I just need someone to machine it for me!

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

Last edited by ShadowTwoSix; September 30th, 2015 at 14:03..
Old October 4th, 2015, 07:48   #72
ravan318

What will be the model marking on the C8 if I'm dressing the rifle up as CANSOFCOM style? C8A3? SFW?

And do the CSOR/JTF2/SOFCOM still use the Simon Sleeve for their CANSOFCOM rifles?
Old October 5th, 2015, 13:45   #73
ShadowTwoSix

Quote:
What will be the model marking on the C8 if I'm dressing the rifle up as CANSOFCOM style? C8A3? SFW?
My guess is they would be somewhat older lowers paired with CQB & IUR uppers but there may very well be newer A2 & A3 lowers as well. Keep in mind the model designations indicate out of factory configurations more than anything (with some specific exceptions). Since there is no specific CBQ model designation it seems logical that the CANSOFCOM setups would include various lowers. PM'd you with more on this.

Quote:
And do the CSOR/JTF2/SOFCOM still use the Simon Sleeve for their CANSOFCOM rifles?
Looks like it as per these recent images:

Old October 5th, 2015, 15:36   #74
Chotto

Send a message via MSN to Chotto
Have you tried some of the local maker spaces in your or neighboring Communities? I know when planning one here I visited one that had their own CNC router/laser engraver. Usually there is a cost to join or some such, but it could solve your issues in finding someone to do the work. They would train you to use their machinery. Just a thought.
Chotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2015, 01:54   #75
ShadowTwoSix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotto View Post
Have you tried some of the local maker spaces in your or neighboring Communities? I know when planning one here I visited one that had their own CNC router/laser engraver. Usually there is a cost to join or some such, but it could solve your issues in finding someone to do the work. They would train you to use their machinery. Just a thought.
That's VERY interesting! Thank you Chotto for that idea!!! I will definitely have to look into it in this area.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian