Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Chest Rig Colour Question

:

Gear Discussion

Old February 5th, 2014, 10:58   #1
hydrocarbon

Chest Rig Colour Question

Hey guys,

I ordered a Coyote Tan chest rig from BDS and then bought a ATACS FG uniform -- I am now wondering if that is a horrible colour combination??

My original thought was if I got a Coyote Rig I could wear with green or tan? I am thinking I was wrong?
hydrocarbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2014, 11:01   #2
leth1337

You can wear whatever bdu colours you like. The only thing you're wrong about is thinking ATACS FG is green. From a distance it's tan unfortunately. Learning this stopped me from picking up a set
Old February 5th, 2014, 11:01   #3
hydrocarbon

Rig:

Uniform:

Old February 5th, 2014, 11:02   #4
xav1982

I'm running coyote with everything... Marpat, multicam , woodland and dcu. I think that coyote is a pretty neutral color if you dont want ending up buying a rig for every bdu you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xav1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2014, 11:02   #5
hydrocarbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by leth1337 View Post
You can wear whatever bdu colours you like. The only thing you're wrong about is thinking ATACS FG is green. From a distance it's tan unfortunately. Learning this stopped me from picking up a set
LOL

DAMMIT.

The whole reason I chose this was because I was leaning towards Multicam but didn't want any confusion.

Ahh well, bring on the friendly fire.
Old February 5th, 2014, 11:16   #6
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

It really depends on what perspective you're looking from.

IMO, aesthetically tan rigs can go with green BDU's and vice versa, I've seen both combinations look good together.

Speaking in terms of camouflage, it really depends on the environment you're trying to blend into.

I have a tan rig that I wear with both green and tan BDU's. I use a combination of green and tan pouches on it, I find that helps to break up the solid colour blob that a tan rig with all tan pouches will create.

Last edited by Kozzie; February 5th, 2014 at 11:19..
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2014, 18:35   #7
CR0M

I think tan and coyote brown vests can go with any loadout, even more so than green the other way...

I despise atacs in airsoft though. All its good for is confusing green and tan games.

Its creeped into banned camo lists for some big games in the US, even at nightfall here too
Old February 5th, 2014, 21:08   #8
thebreadbandit.

+1 for Coyote Tan/ Brown as universal. It looks so good with everything that you can even wear it to prom.

Instagram: thebreadbandit
thebreadbandit. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2014, 22:27   #9
-=ArchAngel=-

i personally like ranger green. It can be very neutral.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2014, 23:21   #10
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Ranger green is green green. OD is more subdued.

Anyways, A-Tacs FG, multicam, etc are transitional camouflages. However due to their base colors, like tan, dark earth, sand, etc, they are considered to be tan in the tan versus green spectrum. up close they appear as subdued green. Here's the good news, sort of. Wearing a tan, coyote, etc, plate carrier, they'll appear more tan than usual, which is the job of the transitional camo. Luckily, they look awesome with tan accessories hanging on them, like plate carriers, battle belts, boots, etc.

If you want to appear green, get clearly green camo like woodland or something. You can of course accentuate green camo with a tan rig, and it will still look good. Tan does that, especially coyote brown, but it's not quite the same thing.

So long story short. The tan rig will make your A-Tacs FG appear more tan, but that is still the appropriate way to build your load-out for maximum jive.
Old February 6th, 2014, 07:57   #11
hydrocarbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post

Anyways, A-Tacs FG, multicam, etc are transitional camouflages. However due to their base colors, like tan, dark earth, sand, etc, they are considered to be tan in the tan versus green spectrum. up close they appear as subdued green. Here's the good news, sort of. Wearing a tan, coyote, etc, plate carrier, they'll appear more tan than usual, which is the job of the transitional camo. Luckily, they look awesome with tan accessories hanging on them, like plate carriers, battle belts, boots, etc.

If you want to appear green, get clearly green camo like woodland or something. You can of course accentuate green camo with a tan rig, and it will still look good. Tan does that, especially coyote brown, but it's not quite the same thing.

So long story short. The tan rig will make your A-Tacs FG appear more tan, but that is still the appropriate way to build your load-out for maximum jive.
Thanks for the positive insight, much appreciated.
Old February 6th, 2014, 20:49   #12
SuperHog

Also run Coyote Tan chest rig. Seems to work well with my multi-cam and woodland.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 21:17   #13
Debrief
a.k.a. HKpro

We've had a couple problems in Edmonton with mixing and matching colours, as we most always play tan vs. green (i.e. people wearing tan hats, rigs, gloves, boots, and gun, with ATACS FG BDUs and still being on the "green" team). Its a good idea to consult with the people you play with to see what's acceptable in your region. Here we highly encourage players to use the same colour gear as thier BDUs to make team identification easier.
Debrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 21:45   #14
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

BDUs top and bottom, and headwear must be all "clearly" tan or green. Our tan PCs or sub-loads are excentuated with transitional pouches, either multicam or whatever. If you have a large area of tan, say a PC with tan on tan, on dark earth, on coyote, etc, then you should be tan wearing tan BDUs. If your center mass is covered by transitional pouches gear, then you can get away with a few tan undertones, as long as your BDUs and headwear are obviously either one or the other. Transitional crap will look like their surroundings, so a little multicam covered/surrounded in green, will look green.
Old February 6th, 2014, 22:09   #15
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post

for anyone who wants a side by side.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion