Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

flashlight questions and suggestions

:

Accessories Discussion

Old August 15th, 2011, 20:38   #31
BloodSport
Traveling Man

I picked up a 50million candle power flashlight at Costco for $49.99 last fall. Works great, lights up about 2 city blocks in the middle of the night. Seriously you can turn it on, set it down and walk 2 city blocks in the light with no issues seeing.
Old August 19th, 2011, 14:56   #32
Nielsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrajr122 View Post
I love my PD31, It is part of my EDC along with my E05 on my key chain.

I also have a TK35 that I taking camping and usually leave in my car, and I just ordered a TK60, and another E05 for my dad.

all in all, Fenix is a GREAT company that makes GREAT lights.
Just ordered a TK15, and an E05 after seeing you mention it and checking out the review. Looks like a handy little light to have on your key chain.
Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 22:08   #33
Noob7_0

Are there any decent tactical lights that run off of AA's?
Noob7_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 09:38   #34
mas_oyama

I got myself a 4Sevens Quark 123² Turbo "X"

This puppy is BRIGHT. 450 Lumens. It can be programmed to hold 2 different lighting types in memory at a time, wich is with head fully screwed in, and not fully screwed in... lets call it low and high mode.

the different modes are, as shown on the website,
Moonlight: 0.3 lumens for 20 days, (1ma)
Low: 8 lumens for 2.6 days (10ma)
Medium: 60 lumens for 13 hours (50ma)
High: 260 lumens for 3 hours (250ma)
Max: 450 lumens for 1.5 hours (990ma)
Strobe: 450 lumens for 3 hours
SOS: 450 lumens for 6 hours
Beacon: 0-450 lumens pulse for 15 hours

I use the flashlight for both airsoft and urban exploration.

For urban exploration, I set the low mode to medium and high mode to either High or Max mode.

For aisoft, I set the low mode at low or medium(I prefer low so it doesn't ruin my night vision as much as medium...), and I set the hight mode on strobe, A strobe at 450 lumens WILL make everybody in front totally incapable of doing anything, especially when in extremely low light. The only drawback is that It totally ruin my night vision for a good 10 minutes lol.

So yeah, I say "I set it to", but actually its more like "I will set it up to" as I didn't used it for airsoft yet... I kindof hesitate because I fear the glass will shatter if a BB hits it... I' also need to find a way to protect it...

Perks:
Dedicated, Steady aim, Quartermaster , Infiltrator, Spider sense, Treasure hunter,
Dance, F**ker Dance!, Death or Glory, I Mean Business, Drama Queen,
Quadruple Bypass, Hypocritical Oath, Fortunate Son, Acrobatic, Gun Slinger, APC
mas_oyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2011, 00:36   #35
Nielsen

Anyone with the Fenix TK15, have you noticed a way to get at the lense to replace it? Does it need replacing? Can it take BB shots? I've seen people have their lights shot out at OPs, so I'd rather not have an $80 light smashed heh.
Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:10   #36
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsen View Post
Anyone with the Fenix TK15, have you noticed a way to get at the lense to replace it? Does it need replacing? Can it take BB shots? I've seen people have their lights shot out at OPs, so I'd rather not have an $80 light smashed heh.
I had similar worry, the LED is good for what amounts to your life time of use some 50,000 hours of continuous run time. You don't really need to replace it. If anything buy a replacement bezel with a newer LED with better electronics when that time comes.

As for the BB. I was told by the Fenix dealer that the are rated to take simunition hits. Our local Sherrifs started carrying them I believe 2 years ago now. I was told that the Fenix TKxx is the issue flashlight for Calgary police.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:27   #37
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Any decent brand will have replacement parts, though in the case of my Surefires I never had an issue, and these are work lights.

I did an installation job once with only my M3 as a hammer, the bulb had no issues taking the beating. That's why you pay a premium.

The prices are high, though you can rummage around on light dedicated forums like CPF to find amazing deals, especially on used items. My M3 setup cost me a fraction of the near 1000$ sticker price.

That site also has the best resources hands down for these types of questions.

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 13:01   #38
Outcast569

Send a message via MSN to Outcast569
I love my surefire. 2 years and still strong. Best thing IMO is the warranty. Any thing happens to it and I get it replaced. So to me the extra 20$ as the initial cost was far worth it.
Old September 9th, 2011, 22:07   #39
DEATH2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
I had similar worry, the LED is good for what amounts to your life time of use some 50,000 hours of continuous run time. You don't really need to replace it. If anything buy a replacement bezel with a newer LED with better electronics when that time comes.

As for the BB. I was told by the Fenix dealer that the are rated to take simunition hits. Our local Sherrifs started carrying them I believe 2 years ago now. I was told that the Fenix TKxx is the issue flashlight for Calgary police.
Sheriffs are issued a Streamlight flashlight, not Fenix. Calgary Police are also issued Streamlight flashlights, but have the option to carry what ever they want. I do see several members sporting Surefire's and Fenix lights.
Old September 9th, 2011, 22:57   #40
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsen View Post
Just ordered a TK15, and an E05 after seeing you mention it and checking out the review. Looks like a handy little light to have on your key chain.
Sweeet

I am surprised that I did not post this last time - http://www.2centtac.com/?p=559

Review on the E05.
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2011, 12:07   #41
Fuzzy

This may be a silly question but where do flashlights fit into airsoft? The last night game I played everyone got upset whenever someone used their flashlight. They preferred to walk in the dark using their natural "night vision". So everyone had lights but nobody used them. This was an outdoor game.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2011, 13:19   #42
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Clearing buildings, finding/blinding bad guys, finding your bag of beef jerky.

At night while patroling, lights are bad, but once you are bumped you need to know where the opfor is and the best way to do that is with light. If your light is bright enough you can fuck up thier vision too so they will be less effective against you.
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion