Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&G Umg supressor in 2010 - any other options?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old July 14th, 2010, 22:44   #1
Rabbit
formerly FrankieCees, Remylebeau

G&G Umg supressor in 2010 - any other options?

I've read some older posts and older google searches about the infamous umg silencer.

The posts I have read are mainly from 2008, and I haven't read anything more recent, 2009 if anything.

Is there still currently no other option the UMG has for a supressor? Can anything be customized to fit over it?

The nozzle it would attach to is permanently fixed to the gun frame upon further inspection. So it doesn't look like i can swap it out.

Has this changed since those years or has anything been released?
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2010, 22:48   #2
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
I might be wrong but the nozzle/flashider is not permanently attach.
My bro had one and to use the silencer you had to swap and use a specially made flashider (that came with the silencer)

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2010, 23:06   #3
EN SABAH NUR
AKA Daniel Ochoa

The piece that came with the umg silencer was for attaching that silencer to -14mm threaded barrels. As far as I know the muzzle on the barrel is permanently fixed on to it. If you want to fit a threaded suppressor onto it, you would have to do some custom work. It would help if you knew someone who does machining but that would be $$$.

"Son. You got a panty on your head" - Hayseed
EN SABAH NUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2010, 23:17   #4
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Quote:
Originally Posted by EN SABAH NUR View Post
The piece that came with the umg silencer was for attaching that silencer to -14mm threaded barrels. As far as I know the muzzle on the barrel is permanently fixed on to it. If you want to fit a threaded suppressor onto it, you would have to do some custom work. It would help if you knew someone who does machining but that would be $$$.
OH yeah right; forgot about that!

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2010, 14:38   #5
Rabbit

I wonder if this would affect trying to attach a tracer as well.
Old July 18th, 2010, 14:51   #6
thpethalK
ksuechuc

I think someone was selling a UMG a while ago where they had to made a modification to the muzzle in order to fit a suppressor on it...IIRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
Saying that you are trying to prevent bad Airsoft publicity while generating negitave Airsoft publicity on a nationally monitored Firearm web site is like fucking for Virginity.
thpethalK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:53   #7
burningashes
cumpulsive masturbator

Your Solution:

http://www.airsoftpost.com/quick-det...e-p-30095.html
burningashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:31   #8
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningashes View Post
For horrible service..... Just wait till someone puts one up on ASC
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:50   #9
Rabbit

ya i've looked at numerous websites. These places have been out of stock for over a year.

I've also emailed a few places to see if they can order it from somewhere. My last hope is ken from 007airsoft, hes the only one i haven't heard from.

Not to mention, isn't it illegal to import suppressors/silencers into canada? I thought I read that in the sticked ASC post of what you can import/can't import.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 13:10   #10
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EN SABAH NUR View Post
I'm a machinist
Doesn't take much to throw threads on a barrel, takes 10 minutes to setup and about 30 seconds to make the threads lol
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 13:14   #11
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I'm a machinist
Doesn't take much to throw threads on a barrel, takes 10 minutes to setup and about 30 seconds to make the threads lol
Hint hint shove shove.......
Old August 13th, 2010, 00:57   #12
burningashes
cumpulsive masturbator

just so you guys know:

airsoftparts.ca is selling the umg suppressor + adaptor

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=1834

burningashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:40   #13
VooDooPeteK

Funny thing is the box says

" does not include the following: Battery/Charger, Sound Suppressor, high cap mag"

yet batter and charger along with high cap are in the box so come on G&G just add the suppressor as well lol
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 15:45   #14
archer1276

UMG Suppressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remylebeau View Post
I've read some older posts and older google searches about the infamous umg silencer.

The posts I have read are mainly from 2008, and I haven't read anything more recent, 2009 if anything.

Is there still currently no other option the UMG has for a supressor? Can anything be customized to fit over it?

The nozzle it would attach to is permanently fixed to the gun frame upon further inspection. So it doesn't look like i can swap it out.

Has this changed since those years or has anything been released?
Funny you should mention that... I too tried to order the infamous supressor, from evike.com, waited 6 weeks, they gave me an ETA, but it didnt arrive in time, finally they said they couldn't get it in a reasonable time and they refunded my money. In the process of gearing up a large Op this coming June, I have decided to take things into my own hands and make my own barrel adaptor. We all know that most suppressors come thread in a negative pitch (left hand threaded), and the sites that sell them all seem to refer to them as
"14mm negative thread".

That said, I conferred with a mechanic in the Acura shop I work at, who kindly explained the use of dies and taps that can be used to thread bare metal. Since my primaries are P90 and "UMP", I took apart the upper frame of my Marui P90 to remove the 1.5" barrel mount. It is solid metal and comes pre threaded to fit a Marui (and many other) suppressors. What Im thinking is if I can remove the cone tip from the UMG, then drill 2 set screw holes in either side of the P90 barrel mount base, I can secure it over the UMG barrel shroud, thus enabling any standard suppressor to be attached. More to follow...

While we're on the subject...my main reason for threading my own barrel adaptor is so I can use a tracer suppressor. The upcoming Op will be my 3rd night game ever and I really wanna try a tracer unit. Although the G&G suppressor looks cool, it doesnt have this ability (as you know), and its also very long and bulky. Echo1 has a very short compact tracer/suppressor unit. I am going to get that one.

Last edited by archer1276; April 6th, 2011 at 16:16.. Reason: forgot a mental note on same topic
archer1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 16:10   #15
archer1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHaKaL View Post
I might be wrong but the nozzle/flashider is not permanently attach.
My bro had one and to use the silencer you had to swap and use a specially made flashider (that came with the silencer)
You are correct sir. Both the G&G and DE brands of "UMP" have a heavy metal barrel shroud that contains the inner brass barrel, and although difficult to take apart the UMP frame, the barrel shroud does unscrew from the upper frame (inside the handgrip)
archer1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion