Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Russian fans of CSOR

:

Canadian

Old April 12th, 2012, 18:54   #61
Huron
GabeGuitarded

CPGear's OTW shirt is arguably the most high-speed CADPAT garment.
Old April 12th, 2012, 19:05   #62
abbadon

cpgear is also the most expensive place to buy anything also
Old April 12th, 2012, 20:00   #63
lupo

Dropzones ops series of is great an reasonably priced. Ive had my shirt for 10 years now and its still doin great.
lupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 11:56   #64
Silverback93

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbadon View Post
cpgear is also the most expensive place to buy anything also
Well said. Only thing I've bought from them are swats which we're not allowed to wear at my unit anyways and I've bought a few nametapes from them. Was going to get a camelbak but their insanely overpriced.
Silverback93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 15:17   #65
Argil

About berets - sry guys if it hurts you, really. We will avoid using it. We understand that it's a great honour to wear, but prove me wrong - everyone in CSOR have it. To be a part of such respectable regiment its a great honour it self. So it turns out that we cannt reenact this CSOR theme (in russia we call it - modelling) 'couse we cannt earn this honour at all - we re just office rats and what not. When we wear berets - we all remember what it mean, we understand all importance and honour of this. Again - we apologize if it hurts you.
Please clear for us the moment of IFF patches - last time we showed our photos, we were told that IR flags and IFF patches - its the only patches guys from CSOR wear. And about chest rigs - do i understand correctly - for such mountain missions operators would prefer RRV or something from LBT instead of issue 6094? If yes - this RRVs are purchased by Canadian DND or its just their own operators' initiative?
Argil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 15:45   #66
Argil

Thx alot for clarify! And we donot wear berets in the field. NEVER. They were purchased mostly for collection and not for daily wear. And I'll say it again - we respect Canadian forces and CSOR especialy and will avoid wearing berets. :salute:
Old April 13th, 2012, 16:08   #67
abbadon

I dont think its a problem wearing a tan beret, not like your here in canada and trying to act like your csor. Cap badges i do have an issue with though, when you are presented your badge it is the point of your battle school where you are now welcomed into the regimental family.

either way no one here really has the right to tell you that your not allowed to wear anything.
Old April 13th, 2012, 16:19   #68
Argil

Well I understand that this is a case of respect of the whole country not just berets and badges. And every canadian has the right to tell that it hurts him - watching former commies wearing signs of canadian military elites. Thats why I want to appologize. If it's a problem then we'll solve it.
Old April 13th, 2012, 16:54   #69
Rickshaw

Yeah the issue with capbadges as has been mentioned many times before is that it takes a lot of time and work to get your capbadge, and it's an honour and a privellage to wear it. You should just stick it on a manequin's head and put it in a display cabinet or something instead of wearing it. It's not needed for the impression anyways like Skeletor said.

Click above for the MB Bootnecks Facebook page!
"Pro Patria"
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 17:35   #70
ViR

Well, I'm sure some Canadians wear blue "VDV telnyashka".. You also have to earn that. In Russia if some VDV soldiers see you wear it and find out you actually didn't serve in VDV... broken bones are a guarantee..
Probably some Canadian soldiers are not too happy that random civilians are wearing Cadpat..

I think as long as you are not claiming to be someone and just "reenacting" , wear whatever you want..
ViR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 17:53   #71
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

For real, look up past discussions about badges and medals.....it has absolutely nothing to do with who you are.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 20:16   #72
marac

Holy God, really? Who cares. I mean, nobody is complaining about people wearing other (e.g. US) badges, patches etc. I'm sure none of the WW2 reenactors that wear uniforms full of airborne patches, wings, SS or good ole brit beret deserved any of that either (unless they are really old airsoft players) but nobody raises hell about that. I mean, seeing a guy dressed in issue cadpat walking around, with beret and capbadge, rank and flag... sure it's an issue. A guy wearing CSOR beret half a world away in a country where clearly he isn't trying to impersonate local military should be last of our worries to come online and write about. If I see a guy wearing RCR slip-on in a game, I'd be proud to see someone wanting to be where I am.
marac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 03:50   #73
Argil

Guys, maybe you can help me - I have this badge but absolutly unaware what it means. It was given me as a present long ago when I joined my team.
Old April 14th, 2012, 04:26   #74
Bungdup

That's the Land Force Command/Canadian Army insignia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Army

EDIT: No it's not, actually... Swords are on -top- of Maple Leaf...

It looks like a shoulder badge... WWII maybe?

Last edited by Bungdup; April 14th, 2012 at 04:38..
Bungdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 05:04   #75
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Not entirely sure of what you have there... I hope someone knows as I'm curious myself now :P
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian