Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Name this Continent... ASIA!
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Where to Buy PLA based equipment

:

Name this Continent... ASIA!

Old February 8th, 2011, 19:15   #46
Kingsix

Maybe the tactical belt they where using was something made only for Photo ops.
Old February 14th, 2011, 16:22   #47
Cifyra
Iskaryot

B

It looks like its got a star on it. Maybe it IS for photo ops, but they must have a type of belts they issue to their troops =P
I have the leather belt meant for inspection use, and I could probably use that for matches. But it'd be nice to go that extra step for realism =P

Anyways, I got the type 07 undershirt as well as the Lt. patches and the Beijing division patch. It was during that time I noticed that the buttons did not line up right. Probably due to hasty manufacturing, the buttons did not line up with the holes. However, if I remove the buttons and re-attach them, it should work out. Just to give you guys a pointer if you are indeed buying from honesty-honesty or other retailers. Apparently there was a batch of type 07 uniform that was hastily made to meet the deadline for the 60th anniversary parade. Guess who do they sell those surplus to after the parade?

That's right, us airsofters never get anything decent like a QBZ-95 or a QSZ-92... mumble mumble...

/end rant

Good thing I'm willing to do some sewing, so if the single stitching of my uniform does indeed break in the future, I'll just do a double stitching on it. Think of it like upgrading a shitty AEG XD

Edit: Found the product. It's being sold by honesty-honesty and it appears to be the one used on the Cross draw tactical vest, with a star in the buckle.

Last edited by Cifyra; February 17th, 2011 at 02:33..
Cifyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2011, 17:03   #48
Nikodemus
a.k.a. DeathBot

I have been trying to put together a type 03 plateau camouflage outfit for awhile now and apart from the BDUs I can find nothing. Does anyone know if they made a vest or any other gear in this pattern? I havent even been able to find a picture of any gear in type 03, let alone a place that has some for sale.
Nikodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2011, 17:28   #49
Kingsix

I have a sneaking feeling that the Type 03 vest seen in this picture was made only for photo ops.

I'm still getting alot of PLA troops wearing the Type 03 Camo with the woodland vest.
Old February 20th, 2011, 18:02   #50
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

the so called 03 vest is just a 02 paratrooper vest in tibetan camo
Old February 20th, 2011, 18:17   #51
Nikodemus
a.k.a. DeathBot

I have seen that first picture before, on a camo website I think, but never heard of anyone having one. My uniform is pretty green dominant so my chicom isnt a bad match.

Just curious since most of the type 03 I have seen is repro stuff. But no repro vests?
Old February 20th, 2011, 18:27   #52
Kingsix

you could always get the Tan chi-com to blend with the mainly tan 03 uniform.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/www/englis...07/556274.html
this article can explain about knockoff uniforms they are just too sexy to go away.
Old February 20th, 2011, 18:39   #53
Nikodemus
a.k.a. DeathBot

I was thinking of picking up a tannish chicom. 7.62 Tactical makes some nice AK rigs with molle replacing the small pouches. Bit off topic now though. Thanks for the info.
Old February 21st, 2011, 18:21   #54
Kingsix

http://www.tridentmilitary.com/World...ield.gear.html

Just a heads up trident military now has the type 01 riflemen vest and woodland assault backbacks.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:38   #55
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

PLA gear is kickin' rad.

I'd love to put together some kit (especially in Tibetan camo) But I'm worried that I won't find anything that will fit my flabby North American body.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 11:32   #56
Short Round
Najohn

I got my BDU from Honesty Honesty in the mail yesterday.

It is very thin and is quite large on me (atleast the pants are) however it is still wearable.

Quality wise, I can't tell if it is real or not. Comes with the collar patches, heck every button on the pants and jacket has a CAPF seal inprinted on it.

However, I did find a flaw, one of the buttons on the jacket came broken, thankfully I have family members that sew and can fix this.

Other then that, as long as I wear clothing underneath it I will be fine.

i will post photos when I go home again
Old February 22nd, 2011, 19:18   #57
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
I got my BDU from Honesty Honesty in the mail yesterday.

It is very thin and is quite large on me (atleast the pants are) however it is still wearable.

Quality wise, I can't tell if it is real or not. Comes with the collar patches, heck every button on the pants and jacket has a CAPF seal inprinted on it.

However, I did find a flaw, one of the buttons on the jacket came broken, thankfully I have family members that sew and can fix this.

Other then that, as long as I wear clothing underneath it I will be fine.

i will post photos when I go home again
Which BDU did you buy? I bought the Type 07 Urban Camo from him and if you've read my earlier post, it's not quite as sturdy most BDUs, yet still sturdier than the clothes that you wear everyday. I doubt that it is fake but perhaps front line troops are using newer and better versions of this BDU. The following review might help you, but mind you, he's probably of a slightly bigger "build" and you must take that into consideration when he says stuff such as his BDU being tight in the "crotch and seat area".
http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/lo...p/t148139.html

Quote:
includes cap! as i later found out, the urban camoflage above is a transitional version. somewhere along the line in 07, production on the real camo was delayed and an identical version made out of really cheap light material with flimsy single stitching used to make up for the shortfall.
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388...camoflage.html

Last edited by Cifyra; February 22nd, 2011 at 19:24..
Old February 22nd, 2011, 19:27   #58
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskaryot View Post
Which BDU did you buy? I bought the Type 07 Urban Camo from him and if you've read my earlier post, it's not quite as sturdy most BDUs, yet still sturdier than the clothes that you wear everyday. I doubt that it is fake but perhaps front line troops are using newer and better versions of this BDU. The following review might help you, but mind you, he's probably of a slightly bigger "build" and you must take that into consideration when he says stuff such as his BDU being tight in the "crotch and seat area".
http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/lo...p/t148139.html

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388...camoflage.html
Got CAPF Type 06 camo

From what I was told most asian BDUs are made to be thin and worn with under clothing, not made like your traditional north american bdus.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 19:31   #59
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
Got CAPF Type 06 camo

From what I was told most asian BDUs are made to be thin and worn with under clothing, not made like your traditional north american bdus.
Makes sense, as it's quite hot in some parts of China (south, where I'm from ^^) while it can get quite cold in other parts (north I've been told). I might eventually invest in a winter jacket in the 07 urban pattern.
Old February 25th, 2011, 18:22   #60
Kingsix

http://www.royaltigergear.com/produc...oducts_id=1140

Type 02 paratrooper tactical vest with rucksack is now being sold on royaltiger!

Makes me want to get a GK-80 Paratrooper helmet to go with it.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Name this Continent... ASIA!