Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

king arms p90 broken mechbox bracket.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old December 21st, 2018, 00:35   #1
kyle milliken

king arms p90 broken mechbox bracket.

So I have a KA-AG-76 P90 I.E the one with the trash brackets that break all the time and, well one of the brackets broke. anyone here have a better fix then some good glue?

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
kyle milliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2018, 01:49   #2
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle milliken View Post
So I have a KA-AG-76 P90 I.E the one with the trash brackets that break all the time and, well one of the brackets broke. anyone here have a better fix then some good glue?
Depending on what materials you have, you'll need a combination of bendable sheet metal and epoxy. Got a pic of the damage? That will tell you how salvageable the parts are and what elbow grease and whatnot is necessary to bring it back to working condition.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2018, 02:03   #3
kyle milliken

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Depending on what materials you have, you'll need a combination of bendable sheet metal and epoxy. Got a pic of the damage? That will tell you how salvageable the parts are and what elbow grease and whatnot is necessary to bring it back to working condition.
ok so this is what i have right now

the part that is circled is what broke and the arrow is pointing to the seam of the crack.

i have gorilla glue and all the pieces.

tools on hand are a dremel with 40 heads, drills and the smallest bit being 1/16

so far i have glued everything in place but its not dry yet.

i was thinking if this doesn't work i could glue a block of something on to the back of the retention plate and use the force of the buttstock plate to hold everything in to place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P_20181220_235437.jpg (870.2 KB, 10 views)

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein
Old December 21st, 2018, 02:38   #4
RainyEyes

This was my fix. It held the gearbox in place just fine but i definitely could have done better if the tolerances were right. The metal i used was this really soft sheetmetal that i scrapped off an old computer PSU but once i clamped them together it was a solid piece and reinforced to prevent further breakage. I lost the pieces of plastic mind you and i didn't have the tools to put it back together in the same place.

You'll probably need to find something else like polycarbonate and use a solvent to weld everything together. Weldon-16 is a godsend for airsoft since it will weld most ABS/PC plastic that is used to make these non-metal parts.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2018, 02:56   #5
kyle milliken

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post

This was my fix. It held the gearbox in place just fine but i definitely could have done better if the tolerances were right. The metal i used was this really soft sheetmetal that i scrapped off an old computer PSU but once i clamped them together it was a solid piece and reinforced to prevent further breakage. I lost the pieces of plastic mind you and i didn't have the tools to put it back together in the same place.

You'll probably need to find something else like polycarbonate and use a solvent to weld everything together. Weldon-16 is a godsend for airsoft since it will weld most ABS/PC plastic that is used to make these non-metal parts.
i'll get some of that tomorrow, or some high strength epoxy putty to build up the rear and sides. if it breaks again im trying my block idea. in the mean time ima see if theres any info on the new king arms 93 p90 with the 9mm gearbox.

Albert Einstein
Old December 21st, 2018, 17:24   #6
kyle milliken

so update

I covered the sides and rear of the broken tab is jb weld kwik and it seams to be holding, only time will tell.

Albert Einstein
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner