Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Whats everyone use for holsters

:

Gear Discussion

Old November 9th, 2015, 08:55   #1
Chairs

Whats everyone use for holsters

Hey guys just picked up a TM g18c on sale and now trying to figure out a holster. I already have a good belt from cpgear for either drop leg or belt mounted but really can't decide. So figured I'd see what everyone else is using or could recomend. My main concern for drop leg is I'm a big guy and have big thighs. Thanks guys!
Chairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2015, 09:51   #2
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
I strictly use gcode for all my pistols. Just gota buy a drop leg platform, and then you can attach any holster from gcode to it. Amazing quality and has never failed me. You can get attachments for drop leg, waist, belt, mollee ect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2015, 09:58   #3
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Cheap alternative - Amazon.ca blackhawk cqc holster for G21 (will fit marui g17/18 & we glocks). Free shipping over 25+, and they are about $30-40ish + tax.

My personal preference, Kydex with a X300 on my pistol.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2015, 10:29   #4
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

Safariland ALS - Great holster for a good price (around $40). They have modular mounting options common to other popular holsters (belt, drop leg, molle), I prefer a belt mount when my gear allows for it. Simple & fast draw (thumb release), automatic retention upon holstering.

I used to run a Blackhawk serpa, it's a good holster, but I got rid of mine, I much prefer the ALS.

Keep in mind when purchasing your holster - TM slides are slightly larger than real steel, you'll want to get a holster for a .45 (Glock 21) not the 9mm (Glock 17/18).

Last edited by Kozzie; November 12th, 2015 at 00:16..
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2015, 10:39   #5
Chairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
Safariland ALS

Great holster for a good price (around $40). They have modular mounting options common to other popular holsters (belt, drop leg, molle), I prefer a belt mount when my gear allows for it. Simple & fast draw (thumb release), automatic retention upon holstering. I used to run a Blackhawk serpa, it's a good holster, but I got rid of mine, I much prefer the ALS.

Keep in mind when purchasing your holster - TM slides are slightly larger than real steel, you'll want to get a holster for a .45 (Glock 21) not the 9mm (Glock 17/18).
10-4 I had read some people saying the tm were close to real steal but not quite. I run a chest rig so I don't have any gear that should be in the way of hip.
Old November 9th, 2015, 10:51   #6
Rossco66

Warrior Assault System universal holster. Works great with multiple styles of side arms.
Old November 9th, 2015, 11:01   #7
Danke

So regardless of brand you can see the hard shell holster with mechanical retention is preferred.

To add to that most are now using real holsters vs. copies since they're widely available and break less often.
Old November 9th, 2015, 11:19   #8
Rossco66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
So regardless of brand you can see the hard shell holster with mechanical retention is preferred.

To add to that most are now using real holsters vs. copies since they're widely available and break less often.
In the case of the Warrior holster. It is not a hard shell and it is also used for real steel. Likely the exception rather than the rule as Danke has stated. I like it because I run a 1911 on CO2 when its cooler and an M9 on green gas when it is over 70 F degrees.
Old November 9th, 2015, 12:23   #9
Canadian Psycho
Personal Mule.....PM for rates!

Send a message via MSN to Canadian Psycho
Blade-tech or KT mechanical for me. I use both belt mount and drop leg depending on the style of game, ie: CQB or long milsim.
Old November 9th, 2015, 12:24   #10
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

Fobus, cheap and lifetime warranty.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2015, 19:46   #11
The Keiichione
formerly keiichi

Blackhawk serpa CQC, belt monted or on the chest panel of my RRV
The Keiichione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2015, 21:06   #12
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Blackhawk Serpa CQC, belt mounted. I'm a lefty, real steel is really my only real option.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2015, 21:53   #13
Chairs

Ya kinda leaning to blackhawk holster as I like having a click with button to release. Little added safety of not loosing pistol but can still access it quickly. Gonna try mounting it on my tasmanian chest rig in upper panel if not can go on the belt. Thanks for all the recomendations guys I hadn't heard of quite a few of those brands
Old November 10th, 2015, 01:17   #14
Danke

A lanyard is a good option that won't interfere but if your pistol ejects it won't go far.

Just about everyone will have a tale of a game being stopped to search for a lost pistol.
Old November 10th, 2015, 05:49   #15
freshblake
Trade Dispute in progress - AV removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Cheap alternative - Amazon.ca blackhawk cqc holster for G21 (will fit marui g17/18 & we glocks). Free shipping over 25+, and they are about $30-40ish + tax.

+1

I run this exact holster, it's RS and lifetime guarantee. Only issue I've had is mounting it to a clone strike platform. I had to buy screws about 2 threads longer because the screws for the paddle mount were too short.

Edit: running WE G19 and it fits like a glove. I've tried holstering other players' WE G17 and TM 17/18Cs with the same success.

Last edited by freshblake; November 10th, 2015 at 05:52..
freshblake is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion