Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VFC 416 Mid cap mags needed… Which brand?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old September 22nd, 2014, 19:53   #1
gogojuice

VFC 416 Mid cap mags needed… Which brand?

Hey gang.

Just purchased a new vfc 416.

I also purchased some King arms mid cap magazines (5 Pack).

The problem is that the gun is miss firing (no BB coming out) when I pull the trigger.

It seems this happens with most of the mags.

I did try the high cap from VFC and it works flawlessly.

So……..

Can anyone comment on which mags work.

Thanks
gogojuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2014, 20:01   #2
ecnerual

I use cheap emags and they work 10/10

"magpull beta project emags"
ecnerual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2014, 20:13   #3
Wli

Socom gear mags, the Troy lancer ones feed perfectly in my vfc m27 so it should work fine in your 416
Wli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2014, 20:23   #4
Wrath144
formerly steyr

Are they King Arms plastic mags? Most of the time you need to file down the retainer a bit on those to get them to feed.
Old September 22nd, 2014, 20:36   #5
badrelko

I use socom gear ones as well and they feed beautifully with good quality bb's

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

badrelko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2014, 21:15   #6
gogojuice

Yes they are the PLASTIC one from KING ARMS

I have 10 of them and would like to make them work if possible.
I am new to this and am not sure what you mean by file the retainer a bit.

Can you explain more or show a picture please?

As for bb's…
I have .20, .25 and .28 from elite force. I tried different sizes and its all the same.

Thanks for help
Old September 22nd, 2014, 21:55   #7
Evil_yd

damn i have king arms and MAG brand magazines and both have no issues in my 416, beta project emags however are are garbage, i had 8 of those and tossed them in the trash so quickly, they get clocked easily with sand and cannot be opened to clean.
AKM (Cyma)
SOG-68 (ECHO1)
M3 Shotgun (UTG)
Evil_yd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2014, 22:03   #8
waylander

Now I'm new too but have a m27 iar and I believe they mean to file down the tab that holds the bb's in the mag. If you look down at the top of the mag you'll see a tab covering the top bb to stop them from coming out against the spring tension, that should be filed a bit so it doesn't block as much but still enough left to hold the bb's in place. I'd suggest a little at a time (very little) and test, file and test, file and test until you get it feeding consistently
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2014, 22:06   #9
Wrath144
formerly steyr

If you look down the BB hole in the mag, there's a little wedge piece that sticks out, preventing them from flying out. When you put your mag in the gun, the hopup unit feed tube pushes that retainer back, allowing the BBs to flow into the gun. Sometimes the retainer is too long, so even when the mag is in the gun it's not far enough back to allow BBs out. So what you would do is file down the front edge just a little bit so BBs have more room to get around it into the gun. Just do little bits at a time, and test. Never file too far, or the BBs will not stay in the mag when it is not in a gun.
Old September 22nd, 2014, 22:14   #10
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

what brand of BBs?

With a loaded mag outside of the gun, does it spray BBs out when you pull the retainer notch back? If they don't spray, do they kinda poo out?

Open and lock the fake bolt. note the position of the hopup unit. Put in a mag... does it shift forward at all?

do the mags completely clip/lock in?

If you push/pull the mag forward and pull the trigger, does it shoot? IF you push it up does it shoot?

Does your hop up unit have 3 little gears on it or 1 big ring to adjust?
Old September 22nd, 2014, 22:43   #11
gogojuice

Ok.. so the brand of the BB's is ELITE FORCE size .20, .25 and .28. ( I wanted to try a bunch of different ones )

When I take the BB's out it sprays.
When I put a mag in it does not shift forward.

Sometimes the mags do not clip/lock in.

When we talk about filing it down.. Just where exactly are we talking? Ie., when looking down are we talking the top of the mag, or on the end (making the tab shorter in length).

Sorry for not understand all the terms at this time.

Would love a quick picture of where we are talking about filing down

Thanks for everyones help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hop.jpg (395.4 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by gogojuice; September 22nd, 2014 at 23:25.. Reason: Found my hop
Old September 22nd, 2014, 23:38   #12
waylander

See pic

Picture obviously from evike

In a loaded mag, it's the little tab that sticks out over the top bb to prevent them all from spraying out.
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2014, 09:09   #13
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

take apart one of your mags and do this to it.

This should help it click into place. Try this before removing material from the keeper (mentioned above)

The reason why you should do this is because you have the newer style hopup. This one is known not to like some mags out there, it's hard to get mags to seat. When they don't seat properly, they may not feed properly. There's a little neck on the bottom of the hopup unit that is supposed to insert into the recess in the top of the mag, it pushes the keeper out of the way and the BBs are supposed to pus their way up when they come free. If the hopup doesn't sit into that hole properly, it's not hitting the keeper at all.

You need to take the mag apart because you need to pull the keeper out to get the countersink drill bit in there or a knife. The countersink is the easiest way to get it done, just do it slowly because obviously if you fuck up, it's infinitely harder to put material back on than take it off. :P

If you're not sure how to take your mag apart, there may be a circular tab on the bottom, This is the spring access. Turning it counterclockwise should open it and drop the mag spring out. From there the 2 halves of the mag should come apart easily and go back together easily. Just remember to put all the parts back in in reverse order.

IF you can't get the halves apart, you should still get the spring out if you can because when you pull the tab to make the keeper get out of the way the follower that pushes the BBs out of the mag might push a bit out of the mag, you dont' want to remove material from either of these parts accidentally.

Last edited by lurkingknight; September 23rd, 2014 at 09:23..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2014, 10:33   #14
gogojuice

Lurking…

Couple of questions on your post. I'm not 100 % sure of where your talking about.
My king arms mags are all the same plain. There is no lip, like on the picture you posted.

Could you please explain to a noob, where I should start first :bang head:

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg magweb.jpg (13.5 KB, 7 views)
Old September 23rd, 2014, 10:46   #15
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

The example mag is a highcap but the feeding area should be similar. The top of your mag should look more like this. The hole on the top is just a straight cut hole.

When you put in your mag, the feed neck of the hopup has to hunt for this hole and insert into it. Taper the edge of the hole so it will fall into it.

The barrel and hopup have a bit of play in them, they float sort of free of the gearbox so that the hopup can move around a bit to fall into this hole. Tapering the hole inwards will help the hopup settle into the correct position.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion