Hong Kong trip

:

General

Old April 3rd, 2012, 20:30   #1
Karloss
a.k.a. KGBB

Hong Kong trip

Hi everyone,

I decide last week to go to Hong Kong to be able to see all the new airsoft stuff on the market and decide witch new item I`ll add on my website. I arrive yesterday night and I`m about to go visit several airsoft store. I mainly write this post looking for advise from ASC member about what to do here. If you have been here before and you have good recommandation for me it will be appreciated.

P.S. no need to tell me to go to Redwolf !!!

www.cansoft.biz
Karloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 20:34   #2
L473ncy

Pretty much anywhere on Kwong Wa Street.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 20:50   #3
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Pretty much anywhere on Kwong Wa Street.
Yeah. It's the most concentrated airsoft+military items area, with many shops. Prepare to spend a whole day there. Business hours are noon to 9pm. Sunday is a bit quiet as many shops closed for games.

Take the subway (MTR) to Kowloon side and get off at Mongkok station, read the map at the station for the correct exit.

Have fun!
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 21:40   #4
landwarrior

I been there this past January. I also have a thread about it here, if you search for it. Ya, just get off at Mong Kok station or Yau Ma Tei. I get off at Yau Ma Tei and to Kwong Wa street. The "no name" stores open late, like....1pm, but I think stores with names that we know open a bit earlier, so you just gotta stay in the neigbourhood. The prices are KIND OF cheaper then here, but not by a WHOLE lot, just gotta look around and ask =). I brought a Eotech 552 there, costed about $33 CDN, M6x also $33, PEQ15, also $33...LOL, good hunting =)
landwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 21:59   #5
mmmken

Quote:
Originally Posted by landwarrior View Post
I been there this past January. I also have a thread about it here, if you search for it. Ya, just get off at Mong Kok station or Yau Ma Tei. I get off at Yau Ma Tei and to Kwong Wa street. The "no name" stores open late, like....1pm, but I think stores with names that we know open a bit earlier, so you just gotta stay in the neigbourhood. The prices are KIND OF cheaper then here, but not by a WHOLE lot, just gotta look around and ask =). I brought a Eotech 552 there, costed about $33 CDN, M6x also $33, PEQ15, also $33...LOL, good hunting =)
I just got back from HK a few days ago, and Kwong Wa street was one of my stops. The prices are not as attractive as I thought. I found a G&P Magpul WA-GBBR magazine that was listed at $350 HKD (roughly $44 CAD). The same magazine usually sells for $50-65 in Canada. Not enough of a price difference for me to make any impulse purchases (especially with taxes at the airport/border, and luggage space lost).

I also noticed that I was unable to haggle at all - despite the fact that I only spoke Cantonese at the stores. I couldn't buy anything during my visit.

Is this the same for others?
Old April 3rd, 2012, 22:27   #6
L473ncy

Accent or the way you dress maybe?

I'm told that they discriminate based on accents (eg. my mom apparently has a "countryside/villager" accent and when she goes to China people can tell) and the way that you dress as well (eg. dress like a fob/honger from the area not like a Canadian or whatever).

Also, the same happened to a friend of mine, even if he speaks Cantonese he gets crappy customer service.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 22:40   #7
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
if you are into gas and have a deep wallet go to gas gun boutique in wan chai if not guns and guys have been really good to me in the past
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 23:11   #8
landwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Accent or the way you dress maybe?

I'm told that they discriminate based on accents (eg. my mom apparently has a "countryside/villager" accent and when she goes to China people can tell) and the way that you dress as well (eg. dress like a fob/honger from the area not like a Canadian or whatever).
LOL, I didnt try that, just paid the price listed. I guess I dressed differently and I spoke cantonese with an english accent...lol, I was also told that the ppl in Hong Kong can tell who is a visitor and a resident..lol.
Old April 4th, 2012, 01:18   #9
gotchya24

armed forces shop, hands down for me

contact airsoftbuddy.com. hes been GREAT help
gotchya24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 01:18   #10
RUSTSPOT
Sgt. Sparkles

you gotta shop around. same item could be 20%+ difference in price from store to store. get your note pad ready.
RUSTSPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 02:15   #11
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
LOL you dont haggle in Hong Kong, Hong Kong isnt like china, where you can haggle your way down from 500 dollars RMB to 50 RMB. everything there has a fixed price.

Kwong wah Street is a good bet, also check out sham shui po, as well as stores on Castle peak road like Ehobby etc.

Also UN company in Wanchai.

Theres also a bunch of other small stores everywhere like armorytechairsoft in Sai Wan Ho

Also be sure to check out Lankwai Fong for some good partying time there
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 12:55   #12
mmmken

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloudernow View Post
LOL you dont haggle in Hong Kong, Hong Kong isnt like china, where you can haggle your way down from 500 dollars RMB to 50 RMB. everything there has a fixed price.

Kwong wah Street is a good bet, also check out sham shui po, as well as stores on Castle peak road like Ehobby etc.

Also UN company in Wanchai.

Theres also a bunch of other small stores everywhere like armorytechairsoft in Sai Wan Ho

Also be sure to check out Lankwai Fong for some good partying time there
That's what I thought, but I've read several posts from others suggesting the opposite.

Things at the eHobbyAsia store are priced the same as their website. Lackluster prices such as this prompt me to believe haggling was an option, lol.

As for looking the part, well.. Let's just say I look more Resident than I do as a visitor.
Old April 4th, 2012, 14:44   #13
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmken View Post
Things at the eHobbyAsia store are priced the same as their website. Lackluster prices such as this prompt me to believe haggling was an option, lol.
yeah i tend not to go to ehobby, friend of mine works there so i get some discount, and they do have a larger selection of G&P guns than alot of other retailers out there which dont really carry them in shop.

however buying upgrade parts n stuff comes easy as you can just buy it all in one place without having to travel everywhere to find different parts.

I still like going to UN and to the shops in Kwong Wah street since they are alot easier to commute to. I really hate going all the way to Castle Peak Road for redwolf and ehobby. tend to not go to them half the time lol.

Anywho, places for Good and hard to find accessories would be Dentrinity. they have lots of sweet accessories you wouldnt find elsewhere.
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 14:56   #14
landwarrior

my advice: just go visit all the airsoft stores!! It's an amazing sight!!!
Old April 4th, 2012, 17:47   #15
StrikeFreedom

The key is to dress as "black society".
StrikeFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General