Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Mac11 - Skirmishable Primary ?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 23rd, 2005, 22:24   #16
Bob the Angry Potato
*AV Status Suspended pending trade resolution*

Send a message via MSN to Bob the Angry Potato
Wait... Carvs, didn't you only get here about a month ago?
Bob the Angry Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 01:21   #17
ert

Bad idea. Buy an AEG.

My Old ASC Buy/Sell Rating
ert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 08:48   #18
Greylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Angry Potato
Wait... Carvs, didn't you only get here about a month ago?
Newbies (less than one year) know everything, always. Those with less than one month or week are omniscient and godlike in their knowledge. What they do is perfect, no matter what the basic facts indicate.

And usually, Newbies will give expert advice to other newbies. I'm surprised that you have not noticed that trend yet.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 10:11   #19
Freedom Fighter

Grey everyone notices the trend. It's just so rampant that I figure people have given up pointing it out.

M11 are one of my fav guns, I've owned I think 4 or 5 of them thus far but currently own zero. That's right, zero. I like to play around with these guns but when it comes down to them being practical, they fail. Look cool, sound cool, scare some people with their high ROF but overall, they are not all that great. I would never suggest using it for a primary, ever.

You want something cheap go with a Marui Spring Shotgun, one of the Benelli's ... now those are fun and have decent range.

Better yet take a look around here once you get verified for the buy & sell and you can find great deals on a AK Beita Spetsnaz. I would know, I bought a bunch of them. Can't go wrong with a version 3 mechbox. Since money is a factor you can pick up one high-cap for the AK that holds 600 rounds. The Spets does come with a 250 round shorty high-cap mag which is not bad either.
Old December 24th, 2005, 12:41   #20
Bob the Angry Potato
*AV Status Suspended pending trade resolution*

Send a message via MSN to Bob the Angry Potato
Ah... once again, you're right.
No offence, Carvs, but I seem to recall you ordering a cheap springer Beretta from the UK...
As for the subject, I've heard of people using them as primaries. I wouldn't recommend it, but they seem to be plenty happy. However, I'd have to agree- AEG first.
Old December 24th, 2005, 13:28   #21
Rumpel Felt

Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
Damn right we are planty happy.

I used a KSC M11 a while back as my primary and only at an outdoor field. It is all personal preference. If you like the gun, go for it as long as it isn't horribly week.

That said, it also comes down to physical fitness. No offence to anyone or anything but if you're using an assortment of hicaps and you only ever play with AEG's, it's likely your not the fittest of the bunch. Yes there are other reasons don't get me wrong. Anyway, I am able to run around like crazy while playing airsoft for an unlimited amount of time so I was always able to sneak into position or run my ass out of the situation if needed. I found myself to be at ABSOULUTLY NO DISADVANTAGE what-so-ever. The fact that I had less amount of ammo was balanced out by extra mobility and being able to blow people away with like 20 shots in .5 seconds. People didn't take me seriously when I used just a pistol with 3 mags a while ago too.......but having people underestimate you is your best advantage.....just so long as your gun works. I hadn't gotten my mag puches for my M11 mags when I played so I had to use pockets.This caused jams because it beat down on the feed lip thingy. But it wasn't too much of a problem. Even then I still felt equal to others on the field.

As for the high rate of fire........ever heard of semi? .2 second bursts? It's about how much ammo you have not how much you can waste. I had 4 mags so 200 shots at my disposal. Only shoot what you will hit. And you must go to what you want to hit more often cause chances are, it ain't gonna come within your range. But range isn't even too bad with the M11.
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 13:53   #22
Narwhal

If I can fit a longer inner barrel into where a silencer would extrude, I may consider it... I'm not hugely worried over range deficiency. However, the Beta Spet's do seem pretty righteous I've hear they feel kind of weak, and the stock is shoddy though.. hmm...
LanParty UT nf3 250gb DFI Board
160gb Western Digital Harddrive
NVidia FX5700 OR Radeon 9600
LG CD-DVD Burner
Saitek Gaming Keyboard
Logitech MX510
Steam Silver Account
Narwhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 14:39   #23
Carvs

Send a message via AIM to Carvs Send a message via MSN to Carvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Angry Potato
Ah... once again, you're right.
No offence, Carvs, but I seem to recall you ordering a cheap springer Beretta from the UK...
As for the subject, I've heard of people using them as primaries. I wouldn't recommend it, but they seem to be plenty happy. However, I'd have to agree- AEG first.
Hey I am glad everyone is appreciating my advice! As I said before, I am newer to airsoft and I dont know much information. (Re-read and youll see.) Greylocks, you have a "nice" way of showing it to others. Anyways, I did not buy a springer, it was a beretta lighter for my collectoins(If I said springer, I meant lighter. Airsoft is on the mind). Springers are fun plinkers but everyone knows they suck ass in a game. As I said before, buy an AEG. Although I am new (And I even said I was!!!) I am definately willing to give some of my half decent 2 cents.

Merry Christmas!
Carvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 16:16   #24
Mysteryfish

Full Auto is over-rated.
Mysteryfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 13:56   #25
p.phresh

I've had a few m11s pass through my hands a few times. And at one point I DID have an extended inner barrel that extended into the supressor, it was FANTASTIC!!

I had huge increases in range, and accuracy. Also the FPS went from 300 FPS to 380 FPS! I could shoot through cardboard boxes, enter one side and exit the other, and still have the BB ricochet off a wall on the other side! The ROF did drop from 20 RPS to 15 RPS though, but the guns was still a bullet hose.

The Supressor did manage to keep the noise levels down a bit too.

I only had the chance to play with it indoors and only as a Referee's gun (our indoor FPS limit is 350, unless you're reffing, and then you get up to 400 FPS). I sold it before the outdoor season started and never had the opputunity to use it. I had 5 mags total to share between 2 M11s and i never needed to reload any of the mags in 45 minute CQB game.

If you wanted to use it for a primary you could do it with the extended inner barrel, but you have to get them custom made, since no one actually makes an aftermarket one. If you do plan to get an M11 and you do want that inner barrel, i can see if my friend (who bought the m11 from me) still has the barrel and if he's willing to sell it, in fact i think he has the whole gun for sale now, i can ask him if you're interested, provided you are actually verified for buying guns.
p.phresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 14:24   #26
sam0182

Send a message via AIM to sam0182 Send a message via MSN to sam0182
Agree - with that barrel, it can be made effective for outdoor use - and it makes CQB even better, if you can keep the FPS right around that acceptable level (350ish).

I know www.deescustoms.com will be coming out with some silencer + extended tightbore packages soon, and we're handling their Canada distribution and will bring some across when they’re available.

I've already tried out Dee’s 6.01 on a couple of my M4 and M733s and it's mind blowing. I also sent one on up to Randy @ DEA and am awaiting his review.... Dee's tested his 6.01's on a couple GBB's and Mac's and has had great results too – hence the upcoming package release.

Not sure on a release date though...

But as you know, any product that’s manufac'd is going to be way more expensive than a home made setup. I expect a silencer + tightbore package to be around 120 CAD, give or take.
sam0182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2006, 18:44   #27
RAS_Jackson

Send a message via MSN to RAS_Jackson
Get an AEG the mac11 are awsome toys, but so many things wear down like the bolt.
also running propane/green gas will kill your mac. The amount of money you'll save in repairs and gas with the purchase of an AEG crazy. also look into the fact that GBB's have way more problems then AEG's alot of them is due to people running green in them when there not suppose to.

www.rangersairsoft.com
RAS_Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2006, 01:13   #28
made Man

Send a message via ICQ to made Man
Used on in a CQB game (courtesy of nutboi), while it was fun shooting up boxes on full auto, i found M11 rather.. unreliable. BBs kept getting jammed (probably due to aftermarket mags). Buy yourself an AEG.
You dont choose who you love, love chooses you; and that little fucking son of a bitch sticks itself to your face like the godless bloodsucking bastards in Alien and refuses to let go until it has drained your soul and left you an empty shell of a human being.

I am worth $2,106,266.00 on HumanForSale.com

<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder
made Man is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion