Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Buying a spare rifle.

:

General

Old December 3rd, 2005, 19:37   #1
Aaidin

Buying a spare rifle.

So my gun is on order but it's gonna take about a month which means it won't be in until after christmas break when my friends and I planned to play a lot. I was considering buying one of the new SRC M4's to use until my gun came in and then rent it out cheap to the couple of my friends without a rifle or new players interested in the game to make some of my money back once my rifle comes in. Anyone ever done this? Good idea? Am I throwing the extra $400 down the drain because I'm impatient? Any thoughts or input would be appreciated.
Aaidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005, 20:02   #2
Narwhal

Can you ever really have too many guns?

Consider one question; will I miss $400? That really seems to be the only issue. If you can afford it, and find a good purpose for it, why not ?
LanParty UT nf3 250gb DFI Board
160gb Western Digital Harddrive
NVidia FX5700 OR Radeon 9600
LG CD-DVD Burner
Saitek Gaming Keyboard
Logitech MX510
Steam Silver Account
Narwhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005, 20:12   #3
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
The fundamental error in thinking is that you're going to be happy with only one gun. Anybody who's been playing for any amount of time will tell you that guns are like Pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 21:45   #4
Aaidin

Well, I know I'll want more than one gun. I have a whole arsenal planned out. This SRC M4 wasn't in the plan and if I get it I *will* either us it solely as a rental gun or give it to one of my friends who can't really afford an expensive gun at some point. I won't miss $400 in the long run, I can assure you of that. So I guess this seems like a good idea.
Aaidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005, 21:58   #5
buzzard

yea ha-ha, reminds me of myself; ive only been in the sport for a few months but i remember before i got my first aeg thinking how great things would be, and how my heart would be content, if only i could just get my hands on it 'now'. its a wonderful feeling once you get it. but it dont last, the only way to get that feeling back is to get another one. im only on #2 so far. im fighting it, but its hard; i long for that feeling

proud Labradorian
buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005, 22:32   #6
Daes

We just had an SRC M4 come out to a game today. The gun chrono'd at ~310-320 average. The guy bought it for 299.99 not including tax.

Now, we are playing in -12 degree weather here right now. I must admit we were impressed that a cheaper stock gun that was shooting 320 for the price. Well, if you plan on playing this holidays, make sure that you do not play in cold weather because, whiiiiiirrrrrr... The gears stripped and shattered (probably because of the cold)...

Leason, if you are shelling out $400, pay a little bit more and buy a TM (Canadian retailers will have it to you within the week)... They are more reliable and no-one using TM guns, upgraded or not, had any problems in the weather, besides batteries lasting 1/2 as long... (Fielded: Stock TM P90, Upgraded Tm MP5 PDW, stock TM M1A1, upgraded TM Sig 550, upgraded TM G36, stock TM Sig 552, ICS M4)...

This is only one experience with an ICS, but just a warning for cold weather...

-Daes-

Daes is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General