Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

First Post / My Concern

:

General

Old November 21st, 2005, 02:32   #16
[Lithium]

like everyone has said... almost everything is fine for clothes... just no nudity please

as fro hanging out here, im not even 16 yet... and i still havent been yelled os it must be all right
[Lithium] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 06:30   #17
Greylocks

Clothes... simply wear something you have that wont stick out like a sore thumb in the environment where you'll play. There is NO mandatory need for special gear unless a scenario requires it.

The comments you'll get if you stick out will be 'nice target, do you like pain?'

Age to play at; already written about. If you follow the rules instead of trying to take shortcuts, or lying, or whining about it, you'll be fine.

The only problem with underage players are those who lie to play or to get guns. It's a matter of legality, not maturity. There are ways to deal with maturity problems on the field; most include banning across the province or further until a clue sinks in. Note that lying is far from being mature.

Concern about guns being around; pick something that lasts, pick an AEG first. I strongly suggest you look at any Marui product. They have a proven track record. Or at least read a LOT about the different models and go see what folks use at games before spending. What people actually use is a far better indication than what is written about.

Ball is in your court.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 07:32   #18
Droc
wow, well said

Im just gonna chime in, most of the guns we use have been around for years anyways. The M16 is the same one thats been out since....what? 1992?
for the most part, airsoft guns have a habbit of not going out of production for quite some time.
Old November 21st, 2005, 08:25   #19
firemachine69

Get verified when you're eighteen as well, there are some amazing deals in our buy/sell forums.
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 09:32   #20
Drake
E-01

Guns going OOP, I wouldn't worry too much unless it was something hard to obtain in the first place (limited edition WA handguns and stuff). But for AEGs and stuff, there's more and more companies producing them now, and a wider than ever selection of guns to choose from. Man when I started out, if there were all metal L85s (like the ones STAR are planning to put out) back then... uh... I guess I would have bought one back then instead of now? But you get the idea. :P

Plus what you want may change/evolve over two years.
Old November 21st, 2005, 09:41   #21
firemachine69

One last thing:

Expect to lose a substantial portion of your income. :lol:
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 13:19   #22
Narwhal

Shyea, don't worry about that. I just bought a 200watt Yorkville amp and high-end effects pedal for my bass, and previous to bass, I used to be a paintballer. My wallet has grown accustomed to being demolished :hammer: , lol.
LanParty UT nf3 250gb DFI Board
160gb Western Digital Harddrive
NVidia FX5700 OR Radeon 9600
LG CD-DVD Burner
Saitek Gaming Keyboard
Logitech MX510
Steam Silver Account
Narwhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 15:00   #23
Iggy

Send a message via AIM to Iggy Send a message via MSN to Iggy
Yes that is so totally true... airsoft and money go together like peanut butter and jelly (if you like that sort of thing). when of age expect to go broke for a while... i have $15 to last me till next wednesday (nov 30th)....BUT I WILL MAKE IT THROUGH...
Old November 21st, 2005, 15:26   #24
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
HAHA you have 15...lucky bastard...i have like 5...

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 15:52   #25
Daes

Ha ha ha, yeah, living on Kraft Diner and tuna/mayo has grown old, but my airsoft collection has done some growing too

-Daes-

Daes is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General