Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Other Regions
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Germany

:

Other Regions

Old January 25th, 2006, 01:14   #16
.:Seaforth:.

yeah i know lowas are civilian but when i was talking to this brit guy i know he said that there are issued ones and when i asked my local Surplus they said that they are really hard to come by and shit so i may just end up buying smoe up in scotland when i go.. i mean its alot closer to germany.
.:Seaforth:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 02:17   #17
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

I've looked and can't find an explanation elsewhere.
On the G36 stock, what are the little holes near the swivle (on the lower section) used for?
Old January 25th, 2006, 02:33   #18
nic_s

A safety of some sort maybe?

But on topic:

Man I love the German stuff, that's all I've ever used. But then again that's where I'm from, so maybe I'm biased. :innocent:

Right now my look is civilian contractor, it's kinda unique and not as hard to do. Plus it gives me an excuse for the M14 + Flecktarn shitmix.
Old January 25th, 2006, 10:08   #19
Shadow-Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hawk
I've looked and can't find an explanation elsewhere.
On the G36 stock, what are the little holes near the swivle (on the lower section) used for?
For the ears, i mean protection for the ears, from the shooting sound^^ :mrgreen:

Hey Nic_s! Thats normal!Because germany rock´s

Mfg
Shadow-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2006, 14:12   #20
QuiN

@Shadow-Hunter:

I regret to tell you, that you made several mistakes in your postings.

First of all I resume: The black suits are for CQB/Training only, in the field the KSK wears the normal flecktarn, flecktarn 'heiß-feuchte Gebiete', tropentarn and schneetarn camo in connection with various individual gear, because the KSK has - in opposite to the regular army - no strict restrictions in the choice of their gear.

The second thing is, it sounds you can go to the KSK like going to McDonalds and ask for a Job. You have to be soldier in the army for several years and to fullfil the hard conditions, physical and psychical tests, for example an 18 months 'crash-course' at the Internationale Fernspähschule Pfullendorf - if you are 'rookie' in the army. Only 2 of 100 guys reach their aim. It's not as easy as it sounds. I strongly recommend visiting the forum at www.sondereinheiten.de for further information.

And btw... the little holes in the stock are not for the ear protection. They are for the pins, which hold the G36 together if you are building it apart for cleaning etc., so they won't get lost.
QuiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2006, 14:29   #21
Porkchop

Send a message via ICQ to Porkchop
Is the flecktarn 'heiß-feuchte Gebiete' a new version? ie a tropical version of flecktarn or is it the same as wuestentarn?

BTW, I have come across a rumour that the BW might change its camou pattern to the so-called Saegezahn muster for political reasons. Any truth in that?

Cry "Haddock" and let slip the hounds of Beer
[-brought to you courtesy of Salamander Army -]
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2006, 14:41   #22
QuiN

Hi porkchop,

the flecktarn 'heiß-feuchte Gebiete' ist the same camo as the normal flecktarn, it's a little bit brighter because the material is more thinly (for hot and wet areas) and has net fabric under the shoulders.

The german army might not change their camo at the moment - i have never heard of a sägezahn-muster before - because flecktarn was issued in the 90's and at the moment the army has not enough money to provide a new camo to the whole troops. Maybe some parts like the dso or ksk could get an/several own camos, but like i said, there are no signs at the moment.
QuiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2006, 23:53   #23
Porkchop

Send a message via ICQ to Porkchop
Righto, thanks for the update. I'll keep an eye out then for the real Tropentarn.
Die Firma dankt.

Cry "Haddock" and let slip the hounds of Beer
[-brought to you courtesy of Salamander Army -]
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2006, 14:34   #24
Rizzo

Another short comment on the Saegezahn-rumours. I don´t think that the German Army is thinking about any changes on camo patterns.

Here some facts on the so called "Saegezahn"-pattern:

In the mids of the 1970s the Bundeswehr did some research on finding a new camouflage pattern for the German Army. (G.A. was clothed in olive darb / field grey in that times like many other NATO countries.) There have been made several different patterns for internal field testing. One of this was the so called „Sägezahn“-pattern, at least one of those who didn´t make it against the Flecktarn-pattern, which was adopted as standard for the Kampfanzug-90 (Combat Dress 90) and is still used today.

I found an image of this pattern on the net, so you can see it for yourself. It shows one of those Shirts used for testing. In my personal opinion this shows quite well why it didn´t compete against the Flecktarn pattern.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BW versuchsmuster sägezahn.jpg (16.9 KB, 27 views)
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Other Regions