Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Pantac plate carrier help

:

Gear Discussion

Old February 6th, 2010, 23:36   #1
georche

Pantac plate carrier help

I was looking to buy this plate carrier from Pantac. All I wanted to put on are 2-3 M4 mag pouches and 4 pistol mag pouches. Organized with M4 pouches at bottom and the 4 pistol mags above them at the top of the vest. Was wondering if this vest has enough room for that. It's my first vest so hopefully people with some experience can help me.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?prodID=22850
georche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2010, 23:53   #2
scurvythepirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by georche View Post
I was looking to buy this plate carrier from Pantac. All I wanted to put on are 2-3 M4 mag pouches and 4 pistol mag pouches. Organized with M4 pouches at bottom and the 4 pistol mags above them at the top of the vest. Was wondering if this vest has enough room for that. It's my first vest so hopefully people with some experience can help me.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?prodID=22850
It should, i mean my vest is a CIRAS and I can easily fit everything on the front, and the my pistol mag pouches on the top. In the amount of room, so should you.
Old February 7th, 2010, 00:38   #3
Drake
E-01

I have an almost identical PC (Blackhawk's MBSS) and while you can fit the pouches you described on these, the pistol mag pouches need to be mounted at the very top to not interfere with the rifle mag pouches.

I find it a bit annoying/awkward having to draw a mag from that position (YMMV).
Old February 7th, 2010, 01:07   #4
mchlman

maybe take a look into the kangaroo pouches, they mount the pistol mags infront of the m4 mag pouches
mchlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2010, 10:49   #5
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I'd suggest you to put your pistol mags on your belt. Or if you have a cummerbund to fit this vest, they could mount on your reaction hand/support hand side.

Like drake said, mounting pistol mag that high up on your rig is not very fast and practical when you need to reload fast.

The only way I would see it fast and usefull, is when you are shooting prone. But shooting a pistol in the prone position = you are in deep shit and you should be moving away!

I'm rambling again.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2010, 21:53   #6
georche

thanks for the input guys. It helped. If I get I get that one I'll get a cummerbund along with it.
georche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2010, 22:03   #7
Drake
E-01

I'd note that the MBSS is meant as a high speed setup, therefor it isn't meant to carry a ton of stuff. Some setup options you have:

3x double M4 mag pouches (6 mags) + 1x double pistol mag pouch (which is 4 mags if you're using a single stack 1911 -- MFR are among the MBSS users)

2x double universal mag pouches (4 large mags or 8 M4 mags) with pistol mag pouches mounted on pouches' MOLLE points

1x triple mag shingle + 1 double M4 mag pouch + 3 double pistol mag pouches on the shingle's MOLLE points (5 M4 mags + 6 pistol mags)

etc

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion