Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Garand stock to canada: Shippable?

:

General

Old September 27th, 2006, 17:51   #1
youonlywish

Garand stock to canada: Shippable?

Hey all.

This was the most relevant area i thought i could post this question. Is it possible to have rifle stocks, ONLY stocks, shipped to canada? Will they be seized?

Thanks.
Old September 27th, 2006, 18:10   #2
Gryphon

A stock is a piece of wood or plastic. Nothing that can be seized.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 18:11   #3
youonlywish

I just figured that since it was connectable to a gun, it might be.... gah... Okay.

Thanks.
Old September 27th, 2006, 18:55   #4
Gryphon

There's very little you cannot import for real firearms. Even full guns can be brought in without an issue as long as you have a valid PAL and get it verified and registered. It's rather sad that toys are more heavily controlled than the real thing but them's the facts.
Old September 27th, 2006, 22:22   #5
firemachine69

Actually, parts may not have a value over $100USD. HOWEVER, rifle stocks, if I recall correctly, are exempt.
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006, 15:47   #6
Gryphon

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemachine69
Actually, parts may not have a value over $100USD. HOWEVER, rifle stocks, if I recall correctly, are exempt.
That's an American rule and has nothing to do with Canadian regulations. I believe it has also been dropped in favor of no exemptions.
Old September 28th, 2006, 15:51   #7
supersized

Actually you're not allowed to export firearm parts from the US regardless of pricing unless you have an export liscense which is a bitch. That's why most people don't ship out of the States. However that's an issue from the US part.

This is what the Canadian side says:

Importing Firearm Parts and Ammunition
You cannot import prohibited ammunition or firearm parts that are classified as prohibited devices, including handgun barrels that are 105 mm or less in length or parts made exclusively for a fully automatic firearm.

You do not need a valid firearms licence under Canadian law to import non-prohibited firearm parts (except for a frame/receiver). However, as indicated below, you may need an export permit from the other country.

Exerpted from: http://www.cfc-ccaf.gc.ca/info_for-r...printVersion=1

IMPORTING FIREARM PARTS
19. For all imports of firearm parts, the type of firearm that the parts are being imported for must be named on the invoice or the accounting document.

20. The frame and receiver of a firearm are considered firearms in their own right. As a result, the same permit requirements apply to importing a frame or receiver as they apply to importing firearms.

21. All components or parts designed exclusively for use in the manufacture of or assembly into an automatic firearm are considered to be prohibited goods for the purpose of tariff item 9898.00.00. The components and parts may be imported, but only under certain conditions (e.g., with a prohibited weapons licence).

22. Customs officers must first ensure that the components or parts in question are designed exclusively for use in the manufacture of, or assembly into, an automatic firearm. In some instances, the parts may be used on a firearm other than an automatic firearm, and may be released if all other requirements are met. Customs officers should make use of all available expertise to make this decision. The Regional Firearms Liaison Officer may be able to advise whether the person or business is entitled to import such items.

23. If the components or parts were declared, but still fall within tariff item 9898.00.00 because the correct authorizations, licences, or permits are not available, then the parts are prohibited from entering Canada.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pub/cm/...13-2-03-e.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyb
Who wants a Chinese pickle?
Yuxi: Yo...count me in. Viet pickles are great too!

Manmaries: Dude a chinese pickle is when you get a blowjob from a girl while she's taking a shit. Yuxi you kinky white supremascist you!
supersized is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General