Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

JG G36C Availability

:

Newbie Tank

Old June 5th, 2014, 15:37   #1
Febble

JG G36C Availability

So I've done some digging around because I'm looking for my first serious gun. I'm looking for something on a budget and after bouncing around between G&G CM16s and Echo1/CYMA AKs, I finally started looking into a G36 because I've always loved the look of them. Looking up on it, I became more and more convinced I wanted a G36 style gun and since I'm probably going to be playing indoors, G36C is at the top of the list. Well I start looking at who makes them and what recommendations are I get a resounding "JG G36C is THE entry-level G36C." But I've found they're pretty hard to track down. I've only found one retailer that carries it and they won't be getting it in stock for the next 8 weeks. Advice?

(Also, I'm planning on getting age-verified later this weekend when I make a trip to a couple airsoft places, so I just want to be prepared with information beforehand.)
Febble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 15:57   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

the availability issue I'm thinking is because they used to come in from an importer in the states, but this year and last year HK and a bunch of other firearms manufacturers are really going hard with enforcing their intellectual property rights.. which include the likeness of specific guns.

If it's going to be 8 weeks for a restock then it likely will be 8 weeks to come from china. There's a couple stores that have them listed in canada but they're out of stock like you saw. There's also a g36 by cyma that's slightly less quality than the JG.. I've handled it I don't like the finish on the polymer as much as the JG. Definitely low end feeling.

If you're dead set on the g36 platform then wait for what you want, or save up. I'd only really consider the classic army but that's pretty much double the price.
Old June 5th, 2014, 16:15   #3
Febble

Any thoughts on other brands with good quality G36C's? If I can get a good deal on a used TM or CA G36C, should I just grab one of those?
Old June 5th, 2014, 16:21   #4
odog654

Get age verified first than start asking questions.
odog654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 16:24   #5
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Unless you know the history of the gun or how to troubleshoot issues, I'd go new. It's hard enough dealing with a new gun that might breakdown, but dealing with a used gun where you don't know when parts were added, why, and what parts, there can be trouble there.

imo TM aegs are still overpriced for what you need to do if you're going to play outdoors. If we lived in japan and you could have it for 200 bucks, have at it, but for what they go for here, I can't justify it, not when 90% of the market is tm compatible, cheaper and come better prepared to play outside of a 1J field limit.

Honestly the only other true g36 worth considering is the classic army. It's about 95% tm compatible, the only difference being a few measurements being a tiny bit off.

SRC and ares are the others.. would not touch src.. ares can be problematic.. both have their share of non TM parts. But between those 2 I would take the ares.

WE also makes an AEG version using their GBBR body, I have yet to see one on the field but their body is pretty nice.. seems to be the same as the ARES but with a standard tm v3 gearbox. I haven't even seen a canadian vendor stock the WE aeg g36.

All your alternatives are much more expensive than the JG options though.

I have a CA g36, most of the mags I've tried in it work fine, ares can be picky on mags. SRC seem to be not so picky but their hopup is not tm spec and can't be made tm spec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odog654 View Post
Get age verified first than start asking questions.

dude, he can ask all he wants as long as he's not asking where to get them.
Old June 5th, 2014, 16:31   #6
Febble

Great, thanks for the info! I know I need to get age verified, but I didn't think there was any harm with doing some research first.
Old June 5th, 2014, 17:19   #7
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

forgot to mention, if you DO find the JGs in stock, there are 2 different revisions. the old one which has a tm compatible hopup more than likely not a nylon fiber body and the new one with a proprietary hopup and a nylon fiber body.

The new hopup is actually pretty good, but plastic. I don't think there's an aftermarket replacement for it yet, so if you break it you'll be in for a world of shit.

The good news is that apparently all you need to do to convert it to the TM style is find the TM style magwell and hop up unit and it will work. I haven't put my hands on the new one yet so I can't tell you if that's true or not. according to the people who I've asked and have tried it, it works.
Old June 5th, 2014, 19:04   #8
Chiba

The older version hop up system make taking apart the G36 100x easier.
Chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 19:46   #9
K3vX

It's still incredibly easy to take out with the new version. It's only three screws to take the barrel assembly out. Second easiest/fastest thing beside a P90.

The TM MP5. Not a clone, the real deal. Now that's something I hated taking apart.
K3vX is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank