Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

REVIEW: AN/PRC-148 MBITR, working replica by United-Star

:

Reviews

Old February 3rd, 2011, 05:53   #136
Ernesto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky131 View Post
Yes, on gen.2 you have an CCI sticker between the antenna and u183 plug. Only other difference is the internal wiring if you disassemble it

But from what i know there was a limited run from only 100pcs. of the gen.1 untill they switched to gen.2 .... atleast thats what i have heard from a friend in HK who says he knows the guy's behind united star
confirm, ordered to Rsov, the second generation with the CCI sticker and proper desoldering
Ernesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 13:43   #137
S.E.A.L.

Any news to Battery Packs which can be sold separately ? Also did any know the specific data of the Battery ? Voltage, mAh (really 2000 ?) and the output power of the charger.

I live in Germany, so I must buy a voltage transformer.

And did anybody have to do a mod to a MSA Sordin Dual Comm Headset for the MBITR ?
S.E.A.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 14:05   #138
Ernesto

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.E.A.L. View Post
I live in Germany, so I must buy a voltage transformer.
Why ? charger work fine on 230 V, checked.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 14:09   #139
Conker

Quote:
Any news to Battery Packs which can be sold separately ?
Checked with my supplier for the radio (which is a distributor) and they told me they do not have them currently but will see with the manufacturer if it's possible.

Quote:
Also did any know the specific data of the Battery ? Voltage, mAh (really 2000 ?) and the output power of the charger.
Will fully charge mine and get back to you this evening (GMT-5).
For the charger, there's no tag or sticker on it...

Quote:
And did anybody have to do a mod to a MSA Sordin Dual Comm Headset for the MBITR ?
It will depend what kind of PTT it is. If it has an impedence matching circuit built-in (and wired for U229 of course), you should be good. Otherwise you'll need either to buy one, or to replace the mic.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 14:44   #140
S.E.A.L.

@ Conker: Thanks, would be really nice if you have any infos about the charger and the battery.

Tomorrow I will get my Sordin ... than I can tell you if it works without modifications and which connector is installed on the PTT Units (3x Nexus U94 PTT Units)

@Ernesto ... are you sure ? I can't really believe that the United Star charger have a integrated voltage transformer. If not I think you will damage the battery and/or the MBITR.
Old February 4th, 2011, 12:49   #141
Ernesto

Quote:
@ Conker: Thanks, would be really nice if you have any infos about the charger and the battery.

Tomorrow I will get my Sordin ... than I can tell you if it works without modifications and which connector is installed on the PTT Units (3x Nexus U94 PTT Units)

@Ernesto ... are you sure ? I can't really believe that the United Star charger have a integrated voltage transformer. If not I think you will damage the battery and/or the MBITR.
Everything works fine, do not worry, already five times charged the battery...

7.2V 800mA

Last edited by Ernesto; February 4th, 2011 at 13:17..
Old February 4th, 2011, 15:58   #142
Pollux77

I'm slowly going mad over this radio. I can't get to program it, it keeps telling me "data fail". I already tried different COM-ports on different PCs, USB, dongles and native COM from the mainboard. All the same.
When programming the radio, does the display show anything special? Or might someone even shoot a short video programming the device?

Regards
Pollux77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2011, 16:57   #143
Infidel
formerly Grimm Reaper

Send a message via MSN to Infidel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollux77 View Post
I'm slowly going mad over this radio. I can't get to program it, it keeps telling me "data fail". I already tried different COM-ports on different PCs, USB, dongles and native COM from the mainboard. All the same.
When programming the radio, does the display show anything special? Or might someone even shoot a short video programming the device?

Regards
Now you know how a Sig Op feels.

~Infidel
Old February 5th, 2011, 01:18   #144
manchew77

Yes..I think if someone ..can shoot the video on youtube about programming that would be PERFECT and easy for us to do ....and no more frustrated.

I think we should open the vote for " post Programming this Monster" on youtube.
Please ..Please..i need to see that happen.
manchew77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2011, 11:48   #145
pugs144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
Now you know how a Sig Op feels.

~Infidel
Might be time to toss it over to the LCIS techs then .
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 06:29   #146
S.E.A.L.

Now I have also a few problems with the function "read". I can't read data from the MBITR. I worked a few times well but now I got the Error Message "Data Fail".
"Write" works without any problems.

Also I can't "Reset" the MBITR. And can tell my anyone how to listen on a second channel ?
1. Step: Press the "Alt" Button
2. Step: ??? When I press the "Dual-watch operation" Button I will go into the MBITR's Menu -> WTF ?

Yesterday I write 15-16 PMR channels to the MBITR and also 15-16 PMR channels with CTCSS Codes.
When you try to write CTCSS Codes to your MBITR and get a Error Message like "94.8 is not a valid floating point value", check your country/area settings in your system controll.

Also since 2 days I have my Sordin Dual Comm Headset.
To plug on the PTT's you must take out the O-Ring which is inside the audio connector.
After that the MBITR works with the Sordin BUT incoming signals are a little bit quiet. The transmitting signals from me are really good. What should I do now ? Did anybody here a modification to his Sordin Headset ?

Also ... Toysoldier U-94 5-Pin PTT Unit will not work with the MBITR. When you plug it on it will transmitting all the time.

If anybody get contact to the producer of this MBITR, can you please them to publish a new manual and a new version of the programming software ?
Old February 6th, 2011, 18:03   #147
Mysuperior

Seal.... If u read the whole thread u got all the answears answeared several times.. Impedence is the problem.
Mysuperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 18:00   #148
S.E.A.L.

@ Mysuperior: Sorry but if you read my posting you will see that the signal which I'm sending out to other radios is really clear and loud. The transmitting is no problem. The receiving of signals is the problem! Incoming signals are to quiet. So it seems a impedence problem -> yes, you are probably right with it but not with the transmitting issue like the other guys here. But what should I change out now ?

And also this will not solve my other problems like the not working Dual Watch Function or the Reset of the MBITR.
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:52   #149
Mysuperior

If im not mistaken you need a amplified PTT to solve the hearing problem..
Mysuperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 06:39   #150
Goonz

Anybody knows how many pins the serial connector is? 9?
Goonz is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews