Old May 18th, 2009, 23:15   #1
huang

Ghost IPSC Holster( Copy verison )

For SV/STI 1911

huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 23:16   #3
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Damn it. I never thought these would've been cloned.. I so want one now!

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 23:17   #4
huang

$85 shipped. IPS belt is available too $40

Last edited by huang; May 18th, 2009 at 23:24..
Old May 19th, 2009, 08:53   #5
m102404
Tys

I got a clone version a while ago. I have no idea if it's the same as these. Mine might have been an early release prototype. The fit with a TM hicapa is so-so. I had to put a set screw in to take out some of the play. The pistol is a little loose in the holster unless the lock is activated.

The two screws that hold the outside cover on are too short, I had to replace them with a longer one.

On the plus side, the setup is pretty good. If the locking lever was a touch longer it'd be really easy to disengage while gripping the pistol.

....unless the one I had was cloned for a different pistol make (i.e. Glock)....

...I'm sure the real Ghost holster is better....put it this way, I reverted to using my real CRSpeed after practicing 2 evenings with it.

Last edited by m102404; May 19th, 2009 at 09:49..
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:04   #6
huang

The holster was released this May. When did you get that one? Just to make sure if it is the same one from the same factory. thx
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:48   #7
m102404
Tys

My pusher got a box of goodies a while back...product testing and all that...it was Christmas season...and I think that he was drunk, or at least really tired...

I have no idea what factory it came from...I hope your replica is better. If I can ever make it over to your store I'd be happy to check it out. Illusion might be a better candidate though because of proximity.

I'll alter my post below (or remove it if you want me to).
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:17   #8
Invasian
Likes it BOLD attention whore MAXIMUS!

Available for lefthanders?
Invasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:22   #9
huang

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
My pusher got a box of goodies a while back...product testing and all that...it was Christmas season...and I think that he was drunk, or at least really tired...

I have no idea what factory it came from...I hope your replica is better. If I can ever make it over to your store I'd be happy to check it out. Illusion might be a better candidate though because of proximity.

I'll alter my post below (or remove it if you want me to).
No worry. I trust your IPSC guys on the products. If it is no good, I won't carry them. That's why I asked.

This holster is a new one. It was released about 2 weeks ago. I will get some samples in soon.
Old May 19th, 2009, 16:17   #10
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Interesting to hear, Huang. I'd probably come by the shop to check them out to compare to the real thing when you get them in stock. I'd like to do a review/comparison to the real thing.

I recommend a lot of guys to get your CR Speed replica when they are tight on budget. It is hard to ignore the price point your products come at.

I get real Ghost holsters for around $190 (depending on exchange rate at the time of purchase. The distributor is Canadian based but works in USD).

If this product is viable, I would definitely recommend buyers on a budget to get it. I've chosen the real Ghost holster for my own use, after having owned and used the real CR Speed WSM II holster, Huang's replica, and real Ghost holsters. Huang's CR Speed WSM II replica was very very close to the real thing with good almost comparable build quality at a great price. Hopefully the Ghost holster is similar in build quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invasian View Post
Available for lefthanders?
Real steel version Ghost holsters are fixed sided. You must indicate the draw side preference at time of purchase and can not be changed afterwards. The CR Speed WSM II, on the other hand, can be configured for left or right handed shooting.

Also, the CR Speed WSM II also allows the user to configure the holster to handle a multitude of frame/trigger platforms, from Beretta to Glock to 1911 to STI/SVI and more as well as various lengths of barrels/compensators, up to a total length of 7" for barrel + compensator

The Ghost holsters, on the other hand, are opposite - you must get it for the specific gun platform and can not be reconfigured. If you shoot Glock, get Glock. If you shoot STI/SV, get STI/SV. You can not switch it at a later time. These limitations result in a very small and light weight holster that has a superior trigger guard locking mechanism compared to the CR Speed option.
On the upside, the lack of a muzzle base allows infinite upper assemblies to attach to the holster with no need to reconfigure a muzzle base. This is good for shooters who may shoot in multiple divisions at a match/tournament, or if their primary pistol fails and has to resort to a secondary pistol that has a different length.

Last edited by ILLusion; May 19th, 2009 at 16:24..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 03:31   #11
crazyaznman

sorry to bring up an old topic, but does this holster tat u sell at ur website hold any tm hi-capa? referring to the ghost holster (for 1911)
crazyaznman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 03:44   #12
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

yes it does
Old October 9th, 2009, 09:11   #13
Shooting Chef

Are you talking about Huang's or Illusions?

I know Illusion's real Ghost holster is specific to certain guns. Tm hicapa are specific to the STI and SVI holster, they won't fit the ones made for 1911.

Team GHOSTS
G-26
CAPS Director
Shooting Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 10:08   #14
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyaznman View Post
sorry to bring up an old topic, but does this holster tat u sell at ur website hold any tm hi-capa? referring to the ghost holster (for 1911)
1911 is 1911.
Hi-Capa is STI/SVI, or "2011".

The trigger guard is different between the two (round vs square), so no, a Hi-Capa should not fit in to a Ghost holster designed for a 1911.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 11:08   #15
crazyaznman

oh alrighty, thanks for the help, i got confused cause at the very top of the post huang posted "For SV/STI 1911" and i wasn't sure if it was for the STI (hi-capa) or 1911 since he listed it as both, was clarifying, thanks for the responses
crazyaznman is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion