:

General

Closed Thread

Old June 24th, 2015, 19:20   #1
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Refunds on Late Deliveries - Advice?

I've got somewhat of a moral dilemma.

I placed an order for 2 Nagoya Antennas on Ebay at the beginning of May, delivered from Taiwan. The package had an expected delivery which ended on June 7th. I waited until June 12th before contacting the seller, since my tacking number had never become active.

On June 18th, after the seller checked with the post office, they decided to refund me, even though I asked for a replacement to be sent.

On June 19th I placed a new order for the exact same antennas; however, just today I received a mystery notice from Canada Post that a package is available for me at the post office (I'm assuming this is my original radio order since it would be too fast for the second order to arrive).

So I'm potentially stuck in a scenario where I'll recieve both of my orders, having only paid for 1.

What should I do? Do I keep both packages since the first one was way past the expected delivery? Do I send the first one back (keep in mind the value of the package is only about $20)?
Would I be a douche to keep both?
Does anyone want to buy an antenna?
Old June 24th, 2015, 20:18   #2
chaz

Contact the seller and explain. I have had that happen on low value items and they usually tell me to keep it.
Old June 24th, 2015, 21:36   #3
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

if it's cheap, they may offer you the 2nd ones for free, if it's reasonably priced, you can return to sender on the 2nd package by not picking it up lol. I think if you go and tell them return to sender they tell you to pay shipping.

just discuss it with the seller if it turns out to be your stuff.
Old June 24th, 2015, 21:50   #4
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

You don't even know if it's the original order yet?
Old June 24th, 2015, 22:34   #5
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Pretty sure it is, because I haven't ordered anything else.

So, are there any chance of repercussions if I don't tell the seller?
ie) will ebay check the tracking, see that it was delivered, and then charge me again?
Old June 24th, 2015, 23:02   #6
Slodin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
Pretty sure it is, because I haven't ordered anything else.

So, are there any chance of repercussions if I don't tell the seller?
ie) will ebay check the tracking, see that it was delivered, and then charge me again?
I highly doubt they would do that...
btw, for small items, usually just keep it..
you can contact them as stated above...

sometimes it's just not worth it for them to ship a small item all the way back costing more money then it should..
Old June 24th, 2015, 23:18   #7
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

I feel that communication is always the best policy.
Old June 24th, 2015, 23:47   #8
Zfurlong

As suggested a few times already, contact the seller, explain what happened. Chances are they will just tell you to keep it. Doubt they would go through the hassle of trying to have it shipped back if it's anything under 50$
Old June 25th, 2015, 02:06   #9
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

Make sure it's what you think it is then, just tell the seller, maybe they can cancel your second order if it hasn't been sent out yet. It sounds like they already decided to eat the cost or forward it to the shipping company.
Old June 25th, 2015, 02:20   #10
Derpystronk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
I've got somewhat of a moral dilemma.

I placed an order for 2 Nagoya Antennas on Ebay at the beginning of May, delivered from Taiwan. The package had an expected delivery which ended on June 7th. I waited until June 12th before contacting the seller, since my tacking number had never become active.

On June 18th, after the seller checked with the post office, they decided to refund me, even though I asked for a replacement to be sent.

On June 19th I placed a new order for the exact same antennas; however, just today I received a mystery notice from Canada Post that a package is available for me at the post office (I'm assuming this is my original radio order since it would be too fast for the second order to arrive).

So I'm potentially stuck in a scenario where I'll recieve both of my orders, having only paid for 1.

What should I do? Do I keep both packages since the first one was way past the expected delivery? Do I send the first one back (keep in mind the value of the package is only about $20)?
Would I be a douche to keep both?
Does anyone want to buy an antenna?
Contact them, explain what has happened. Package likely got lost or rerouted somewhere (happens all the time) for a little while, and ended up arriving. Ask what you want to do with the second antennas. If anything, if the seller offers to let you keep it I'd suggest offering to send them an extra 5-10 bucks just because it'd be the nice thing to do and pay it forward, yada yada yada.

If the seller wants it shipped back, begin negotiations for a similar payout since it would be more expensive to pay for return shipping than it would be to just compensate the seller for it. Shipping from Canada to Taiwan is not the same as shipping from Taiwan to Canada.

At the end of the day there are worse things than having a couple of antennas laying around, as I am 100% sure you will find a use for them or find someone who wants them.
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:10   #11
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Check the tracking number on the package does it match the original one they sent you?
Old June 25th, 2015, 11:33   #12
TheGamerXxX

Send a message via ICQ to TheGamerXxX
Maybe grandma sent you cookies.

Seriously. You have no idea what it is. Check that first. Then contact the seller.

It ain't rocket science, and we ain't your concience.
http://members.shaw.ca/ass_manitoba/
[img] www.members.shaw.ca/lwereszko/gamerxsig1.jpg [/img]
Old June 25th, 2015, 12:22   #13
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
OP are you serious having a Moral dilemma over a 10 dollar purchase.
Thread closed.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General