Old April 30th, 2015, 07:28   #18
Chiba

sanitizers and baby wipes.
Chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 10:47   #19
Covax

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
For those of you that don't remember the first nightfall was late october, started around 8-10C and dropped to about 2-5C overnight with 8 hours of rain. I was outside for all of it.
Mortar duty whoooo! And it was that light sprinkle rain all night. With the cold and waiting in the dark gave it a very WWI feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
Important thing is hydration more than how much food to bring... 4-6L total is probably more than enough even for the hottest of summer days. Cooler full of ice, carry 1-2L on you and put the rest in the cooler, refill when you need to. Although this time of year, ice is debatable. It's nice to have cold drinks during the day but leave some water out so it's not so cold for night, that way you can choose. No real reason to carry 4 kilos of water on you when you don't have to.
One thing I found that's easy to do, since I usually use water bottles, is freeze about a third of them overnight (longer and the bottle start to deform). That way you're not adding useless weight to the trip. Also, in the summer if I carry an 'ice bottle' by the time my camelback empties out I've got a bottle of nearly ice cold refreshment waiting.
Old April 30th, 2015, 11:36   #20
peacekeeper
formerly bazza

Guns , ammo , batterys, 2 pkg mre ( don't forget the chem heaters ) at most , dress in layers for temp changes, water in camelbake is good but carry one small bottled water for the poor bastered who is out or doesn't have any ( yes no ones gonna drink outta my camelbake unless I really know you well and even then its iffy) , 12 hr milsim your on the hop . light and fast is the name of the game.
peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 11:46   #21
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
What do you guys wear to carry stuff? Just a normal backpack or something (normal I dont mean what little timmy goes to school with)? I would assume wearing a full blown ruck would be the stupidest thing ever.

I was thinking of picking up a "pack rat" bag from CPgear to go with my cadpat outdoor loadout, not sure if its wise, or if there is something better to go with.... not even sure if it big enough for a 24hour op. Might have to go balls out with the "free spirit" but for the prices the straps just dont looks like your back will like you after to long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 12:25   #22
FirestormX

For the small essentials, make use of your pockets. If you've got sleeve pockets, pant pockets, cargo pockets, use them! You don't need to put your compass in a mag pouch, or have an admin pouch for your notepad and kill rag.

You should not have a need for anything bigger than what you can fit on your load bearing gear, if you have a CP that you can return to.
If you're playing a game with no CP, and you have to game with what you have on your back for 24 hours (aka the most fun games), then a backpack is just fine. Toss your food, BBs, layers, tarp, and spare water inside, attach your ranger blanket to the outside, and you're good to go. Almost everything else can fit on your person.

Cinch your pack tight to your body, and make sure you can at least clip the pack across your sternum. Even better if your pack has a waist strap. Cinching it tight includes cinching the shoulder straps tight, and that's something a lot of people forget, or don't realize that "it could be tighter" - it should ride up high on your back. This will keep a regular backpack (as in, one that's not already purpose built for large loads across long distances) comfortable over long periods, and reduce wobble when you run.

Last edited by FirestormX; April 30th, 2015 at 18:35..
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 13:01   #23
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

At least 6 cigars..
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 14:12   #24
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Does anyone have a good suggestion for a bag? I'm running a cadpat setup, so I'm using my tacvest with the hydration carrier replacement back. Taking notes from this thread for what to pack to some cross border milsims and stuff this summer as well as local.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 14:47   #25
FirestormX

What's your budget? A backpack is like a plate carrier. If you buy a knock off or poor quality one, toss 30-40lbs of plates, mags, and hydro into it, and then start running/crawling/dragging, and it'll come apart fast.
...It's also similar in that it's really hard to find anything in cadpat.

Also, what size are you looking to get?
If you have a backpack already (for school or whatever), I would recommend trying to pack what you need, into it. Then see if it's large enough, if there are enough pockets, if you think you'd want your hydro pack in the backpack or in your chest rig (remember, you drop your backpack, and you drop your water), if X is missing, etc. Then put it on over your chest rig (or however you would need to carry it), and see how awkward it is, and/or if having a bigger bag would impact you significantly.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 14:48   #26
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
Does anyone have a good suggestion for a bag? I'm running a cadpat setup, so I'm using my tacvest with the hydration carrier replacement back. Taking notes from this thread for what to pack to some cross border milsims and stuff this summer as well as local.
do you mean a loadout bag for transport?

if so.. I recommend the Maxpedition duffles .. Mine has thousands of miles, both vehicle and aircraft.. If luggage gorillas can't damage it .. no one can
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite

Last edited by Brian McIlmoyle; April 30th, 2015 at 16:01..
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 15:11   #27
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

The more 24hr games I play, the less I bring
Was planning on getting one of these packs to replace my old ass camelbak BFM

http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17836
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 15:28   #28
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Quote:

This is the 3 day assault pack, and I have 3 smaller than that in Cadpat, Down to a Sling Bag.

For a 12hr game bring that list sure but take 12 hours of sleep before game day instead of last minute rushing to get shit done. Your best rested attitude will pay off huge dividends.
Cheers

Last edited by Armyissue; April 30th, 2015 at 16:05..
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 17:16   #29
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
lol take a 1day assault pack, and then use half of it.
If you need to use more than half, you are taking too much!
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 18:11   #30
marac

12 hours? Cadpat fanny pack would do.
marac is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank