Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Cutlass M9 Drum Mag jamming

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 23rd, 2019, 21:01   #1
Jimmykaboots

Cutlass M9 Drum Mag jamming

Hi guys,

I have a Cutlass M9 that I recently put an m9 drum mag on. I tried it on green gas and on hpa using the russian cqb nozzle but experience an unusual problem. After every 3rd or so shot, the bb will jam above the m9 air nozzle, causing the slide to jam open. I have to use a paperclip to pull it out then it works again, but repeats after a few shots again.
Jimmykaboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2019, 01:16   #2
Zfurlong

It's possible the winding mechanism in the drum mag is too strong, I would recommend leaving the winding mech fully compressed for a day or two to settle in (break in), another possibility is that the pressure you are running the hpa through it is too high, solved through regulator, another possible fix is the hammer and hammer spring may need adjusting due to releasing too much gas/hpa at once, another option for too much gas being released is by playing with the screw for the output valve on the mag to get the desired amount of gas released with each shot (bit of trial and error with this one), the last option I can think of offhand without seeing it is the return/recoil spring being too strong, solved through a new weaker spring or leaving it with the slide locked back for a few days to settle in. Hope this helps.
Old November 30th, 2019, 08:57   #3
RainyEyes

Don't keep the magazine wound it will destroy the spring.

Upgrade to a 120% aftermarket nozzle spring and see if that helps. The nozzle should be retracted when before returning to battery so that the BB doesn't get lodged between the nozzle and the slide.

Common issue for bbu's that aren't lubricated or for high rps setups on pistols.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner