Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Spring Comparison Chart - Updated April 1st, 2006

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old March 13th, 2006, 14:17   #61
Darklen
Administrator

I had a PDI labeled as a PDI 150 and I couldn't even get it inside the piston, it was physically too large around. I had a few other PDI 150's that shot all over the map and very inconsistantly. I won't even touch them. Systema or Prometeus and even Guarder are better (not to say Guarder are bad). Done several upgrades with each and they are all working fine and bang on for consistancy.
Old March 14th, 2006, 14:01   #62
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklen
I had a PDI labeled as a PDI 150 and I couldn't even get it inside the piston, it was physically too large around. I had a few other PDI 150's that shot all over the map and very inconsistantly. I won't even touch them. Systema or Prometeus and even Guarder are better (not to say Guarder are bad). Done several upgrades with each and they are all working fine and bang on for consistancy.
It has been noted that for a while the PDI 150s were often mislabeld springs of other tensions.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 00:03   #63
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

i highly doubt it's a "relabelling" issue, but more like straight up manufacturing carelessness combined with poor to no QA process.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2006, 04:14   #64
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Spring chart has just been added with springs by King Arms and Airsoft Surgeon.

http://airsoftcanada.com/SpringChart.html
Old April 6th, 2006, 16:22   #65
Rumpel Felt

Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
All right.......read the chart, question is, which spring is the best? Or should I say make of spring. If I was to buy a spring right now, which one would you get if you were me?

Oppinions needed.
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 16:32   #66
The Saint

Thanks for your hard work, Illusion.

BTW, if you want to update your chart on Arnie, I'd start making arrangements soon. I tried to send R22Master updated barrel lengths info the other day, but it turns out he doesn't have access to the Articles section. I dunno how their hierarchy works for sure, but if Admin's their god position and R22Master doesn't have access to the Articles, then the only person who can is the lurking Arnie himself. :|
Old April 6th, 2006, 16:51   #67
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpel Felt
All right.......read the chart, question is, which spring is the best? Or should I say make of spring. If I was to buy a spring right now, which one would you get if you were me?

Oppinions needed.
Is this a serious question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint
Thanks for your hard work, Illusion.

BTW, if you want to update your chart on Arnie, I'd start making arrangements soon. I tried to send R22Master updated barrel lengths info the other day, but it turns out he doesn't have access to the Articles section. I dunno how their hierarchy works for sure, but if Admin's their god position and R22Master doesn't have access to the Articles, then the only person who can is the lurking Arnie himself. :|
I've always gone directly to Arnie. I'll get in touch with him.
Old April 6th, 2006, 18:00   #68
Rumpel Felt

Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
Well yes it is. Which brand of spring do you recommend for cosistancy? Lifespan?
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 18:24   #69
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

I constantly stock springs that I give personal recommendations for best performance in their velocity ranges.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=511

Lifespan... all of them have pretty good life spans. Just remember to decompress the spring as much as possible after using for storage and it'll be okay. Most springs are able to maintain their initial velocities for at least 25,000 cycles.
Old April 6th, 2006, 19:11   #70
Droc
I recently installed the Prometheus Non-Liner Spring MS120SP into my ICS AK74M. I havent chronied it yet, but I was under the impression it was the same as the systema M120...but it would seem that the "sp" on the end is for stiffer springs correct? I have a feeling Im gonna have to change it out.

And systema, the M120 is regular, but the M120S is much harder hitting...does the S stand for stianless steel?

Illusion, I know you carry the Prometheus Non-Liner Spring MS110SP and recommend it, but for refrence, when i check WGC, the springs are listed as MS110. they dont have the "sp" on the end. Are the the same? or does WGC just not carry the "SP" version?
Old April 6th, 2006, 21:07   #71
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

ALL Prometheus springs carry the naming convention of "MSXXXSP". WGC just doesn't include it in their product description/name. I suppose they figure the customer would know what they were talking about. When you get the item, the package says "MSXXXSP".

Typically, all black coloured springs are oil-quenched (such as the Systema M120). Springs that are coloured otherwise are either anodized, plated/coated, or as is the case of the Systema M120S, are made of an entirely different material (Stainless Steel as you correctly guessed for the M120S.)

I find the M120S to be a hard hitting, but very very consistent spring. One of the most consistent springs for that velocity range, if that's something you're looking for.
Old April 6th, 2006, 23:52   #72
Death March

Does anybody know were ICS get there springs from? I'm looking at the M-120,but I dont see any of thoes springs (ICS) on the chart.I'm just wondering if the are made by ICS or they just pick them up from another brand?Thanks.
Death March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2006, 00:39   #73
Grimm

I don't seem to be able to find much info on Systema's irregular pitch springs here. Anyone can help? I'm wondering if my recent screw up with my upgrade has anything to do with using the M130 Irregular Pitch spring with Guarder's (Intruder) upgrade kit. The mechbox kept jamming until I switch back to Guarder's SP120 spring but at a lower fps as expected.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2006, 12:16   #74
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Were you using the proper torque level gears to crank such a beast?
Old April 14th, 2006, 02:03   #75
Grimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion
Were you using the proper torque level gears to crank such a beast?
That's what I'm wondering about. The M130 Spring came with a "Warning" note saying that we must use Systema's high ratio gears. I figured that since the Guarder Upgrade Kit gear set is already meant for the SP120 spring, it should be sufficient, isn't it? Should I dismiss the warning as just another marketing strategy or is there some truth to it?
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications