Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

can i get a bb gun with no clear parts???

:

Newbie Tank

Old August 12th, 2009, 06:36   #1
LIL'WEI
/ \ This close to receiving an ASC castration. Luckily we kind of like you.

Smile can i get a bb gun with no clear parts???

HI, i am new in canada. I really want to collect some nice airsoft guns and join the games. But when i try to get some guns, all I see are the guns with clear body parts so if i get my age verified , can i somehow get a REAL airsoft gun with no clear parts? thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!
LIL'WEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:53   #2
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Due to the nature of airsoft in Canada the only actual airsoft guns available through online retailers are those with clear bodies or partial clear bodies. Once your age verification has been completed and gone through you will be granted access to this websites buy and sell area where you can find many listings for quality non clear airsoft guns.

However, since your IP address shows that you are not even located in Canada, it would not be worth it for you to gain this websites age verification.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:09   #3
LIL'WEI
/ \ This close to receiving an ASC castration. Luckily we kind of like you.

that's a great news! right now i am having my vaction in China, i'll be at Edmonton in Septemper.....I will get my age verification as soon as i get back thanks a lot for your information
LIL'WEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 10:54   #4
L473ncy

Just a note, Airsoft and BB guns aren't exactly the same thing.

Airsoft (TM, JG, G&G, G&P, KSC, etc.) shoots 6mm plastic BB's like what you're thinking of, whereas BB guns (Daisy, Hammerli, Air Force, Gamo, Remington etc.) usually shoot either .177 pellets or copper BB balls.

I'm not trying to be an asshole just trying to explain the difference so that it's perfectly clear what you mean if you were to ask this question in a different context (eg. you're in a store and the sales rep gets confused but theres a higher chance they purposely give you the wrong information so that they make a sale).

PS: Yes you can get non clear BB guns from gun shops, hunting/fishing/outdoor shops or Canadian tire. However those same shops only carry clear Airsoft. Pretty stupid right? I know.... It's been discussed over and over to death.
Old August 12th, 2009, 13:31   #5
Jburough

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Just a note, Airsoft and BB guns aren't exactly the same thing.

Airsoft (TM, JG, G&G, G&P, KSC, etc.) shoots 6mm plastic BB's like what you're thinking of, whereas BB guns (Daisy, Hammerli, Air Force, Gamo, Remington etc.) usually shoot either .177 pellets or copper BB balls.

I'm not trying to be an asshole just trying to explain the difference so that it's perfectly clear what you mean if you were to ask this question in a different context (eg. you're in a store and the sales rep gets confused but theres a higher chance they purposely give you the wrong information so that they make a sale).

PS: Yes you can get non clear BB guns from gun shops, hunting/fishing/outdoor shops or Canadian tire. However those same shops only carry clear Airsoft. Pretty stupid right? I know.... It's been discussed over and over to death.

well, usually I call airsoft BB guns, and airguns pellet guns
ehh, I thought that was the unwritten standard

-edit; hence why we buyBB's for our airsoft guns and pellets for airguns - so on and so forth, etc. etc.
"My mind is my blade, my body is my soul - w/ out them I am useless"

"squeeze my lemon - 'til the Juice runs down my leg"
-Robert Plant

Jburough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 14:14   #6
L473ncy

Damn I guess I brought up confusion... Well TBH it's all pedantics, I just use that kind of convention for calling things BB/pellet/air guns or Airsoft. A note though, there are some "Pellet guns" that do fire copper BB's (not to mention the Red Ryder "BB" gun too).

How many times has anyone brought up the topic of airsoft and said "BB gun" and people instinctively picked up on the context (that you meant airsoft and not a pellet or metal BB gun)? Also Jborough, if you've ever been to the PNE you should know that BB gun game with the metal balls and the rigged rifles.

OP: Contact the fine people over at EAR (Edmonton Airsoft Regiment). I believe one of the AV reps is doing a mass AV night at Capital Airsoft's brick and mortar store sometime soon.
Old August 12th, 2009, 14:26   #7
Jburough

you're right, latency
tousche

also, 'that being said' are metal 6mm BB's illegal in most/all airsoft games
"My mind is my blade, my body is my soul - w/ out them I am useless"

"squeeze my lemon - 'til the Juice runs down my leg"
-Robert Plant

Jburough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 15:23   #8
HGI

Cool, have a good trip in China and once you get back just get AV'ed you wont have to much of a problem meeting someone in Edmonton.
HGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 17:29   #9
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris

Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
be sure to join edmontonairsoft forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
The chinese steal everything. Haven't seen an original idea come out of that country yet.
yuhaoyang is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank