what's your airsoft?

:

Newbie Tank

Old September 13th, 2010, 09:28   #1
Hurley895
The Costco Kid

what's your airsoft?

Before I get to the fun stuff I would like to say this:
I am new to Airsoft but for me is a way of understanding in a small way what soldiers do and have done for us. I know that airsoft is very different then real combat but it does make me think about the guys serving over sea's, after all how many airsoft games did you not get shot in?

Now the fun stuff:

Are you a mil-sim guy or something else?

Me right now I'm kinda in the "video game replacement" zone. I'm kinda bigger 6'1 and 270, so this is a great way to lose some pounds in a more interesting way then running on a tread mill watching the news . I'm coming into this sport from the S.C.A. which was my old out door fun. I've played every weekend after I got my kraken (~6 weeks now).I'm slowly work my way into the mil-sim stuff as I lean more about the sport.

Well that's me, what makes airsoft for you?

(p.s I don't own a xbox or anything I just find real life more fun)
Hurley895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 16:52   #2
L473ncy

Well I'm Asian so that should explain a lot of it. However I'm also a "CBC" (Canadian Born Chinese) but anyways I've been interested in guns for a long time. My parents though are very anti firearm and I don't think they'd be happy if I were to get a PAL/R-PAL and target shoot/hunt (not trophy hunting since I think that's for lamers but to go hunting and get some venison or bison meat and store it in a freezer to eat/for sustenance).

I also come from a "tactical shooter" and strategy game background and I associate airsoft with that. Whereas paintball can be more like CS most of the time unless you go play stock/open class or milsim paintball.
Old September 13th, 2010, 17:03   #3
ATF-Hatman

I gotta say, I always liked paintball but hated the spray and pray aspect of it, the hopelessly stupid look of the guns, as well as ammo cost... So that got poo-poo'ed.

Then I sat on my ass and played first person shooters for a few years (Like Raven Shield, CS, BF2...etc)... But that became boring (not to mention I get pissed at hackers to the point that I nearly snap...

Then a friend of mine introduced me to A/S... Holy crap, what a great combination of real time tactics, relative low cost , and guns... oodles and oodles of realistic replicas. Heaven I tell ya. (Ya, you still will find guys who cheat, but it's easier to call them out on it than on-line)

Now, I just started and have not enough gear as yet... but I did buy a starter gun and a vest and shit and have made it to at least a couple of events. I'm hooked.

Play hard, play honest. Most of all, have fun and be respectful of the community.

Cheers
ATF-Hatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 21:55   #4
brandedman

I'm in the same boat as ATF-Hatman, Played paintball a few times, and got really into the First person gaming until every ass with a modded xbox started to make me rage quit. I kind of got interested in airsoft by myself, and have found a few people close to where I live that play.

I've just started getting my gear together, and have yet to make it to a game yet, but I'm pretty excited. I have to say starting on the forums here has been a great help, I'm finding a lot of really useful information on here, and have come to respect some of the users I've had dealings with. All in all, a great 'community'!
brandedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 22:06   #5
HeadlessChicken

Got into airsoft after firing my first real gun at a range in Vegas. I was mainly into first person shooters but I loved the challenges of real time strategy games. I prefer milsim style games myself; I like how hosts give you a problem/scenario, defines restrictions (like ammo limit, limited time, etc), and you are forced to create a solutions. I don't know about some guys here but theres something I find, dare I say, beautiful about it.

Being in a kitchen, especially where I work, is somewhat similar. The challenge is to create items on the menu for x amount of people in x amount of time with a budget of $x with a possibly unreliable staff of x number of people; put a plan together, assign tasks, and get it done. All in the while; last minute changes and thrown in, supplies run short and your supplier has fucked you, people are calling in sick so there are gaps to fill in, service is running slow so you need to micro manage and retask your staff, and if you survive to the end of the day with happy customers, theres something that the word "satisfaction" just doesn't do the feeling justice when you see your plan and revised plan just comes together in the end.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 01:14   #6
brandedman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessChicken View Post
theres something that the word "satisfaction" just doesn't do the feeling justice when you see your plan and revised plan just comes together in the end.
Had an A-Team flashback there... I just love it when a plan comes together...
brandedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 03:43   #7
PaddMadd
uMadd, Padd?

Send a message via MSN to PaddMadd
I was always into anything army, and at one point I was into paintball, but I found it to be too expensive and thought of airsoft as a cheaper and more realistic solution(boy was I wrong there), and after handling a Cybergun Co2 Sigma .40F, I was hooked. The realism of an airsoft gun compared to a paintball gun was enough to convert me, so I sold my shitty old Victor I and never looked at another paintball gun again.
PaddMadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 21:24   #8
MartyK2500

What makes Airsoft for me is a day outdoors playing this sport with buddies. I must admit 2010 was supposed to be the year i got back to paintball after a 5 or 6 years break. These days you type any thing milsim in google and ASC shows up, then by lurking around here you get to understand what is involved.
MartyK2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 22:24   #9
battlerager

Airsoft started for me as a exstention of my martial arts training. The I got to know a few guys, played a few games, and here I am. Milsims are great, and theres something to be said for leading a team(RCST look into us we're going to be big :P)

Forget FPS games. Master chief can't do a combat roll. You can't lean out in any console game and only in half the computer ones. In airsoft I can put all my 1337 ninja skillz (I'm half joking) to use.
Old September 15th, 2010, 22:31   #10
Jimski

I wanted to play airsoft to get back in shape
but in the end I had to get back in shape to play airsoft...
I wanted to be able to run for long without puking
now I can but airsoft makes me play too long and then I puke anyway.
Old September 15th, 2010, 22:33   #11
Assault Pioneer
formerly haakon45

shooting at people without facing incarceration...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Don't take weapons training from a book. It ranks right up there with people who think they know guns from watching a Chris Costa video.
Assault Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 23:06   #12
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assault Pioneer View Post
shooting at people without facing incarceration...
you can do that with RS you know
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 23:14   #13
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
you can do that with RS you know
Sure, they are called Afghans...
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 02:25   #14
NoGear
likes being humiliated

liked weapons, guns are one of them, i think iam a jack of all trades with weaponry.
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2010, 00:04   #15
maverick5770

Send a message via MSN to maverick5770
since i was little i always liked playing war with my friends, from gun shaped sticks to broken cap guns to dart duns, finally moved onto clearsoft, thought clearsoft was utter shit, never fired straight and the guns always broke, so i went and played paintball for a few years, but have now come back to airsoft, since my friends want to play airsoft and it's a pain to find gas and paint for paintball where i live. i enjoy both sports, but the mil-sim aspect of airsoft really appeals to me

Last edited by maverick5770; September 22nd, 2010 at 00:07..
maverick5770 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank