Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Piers Morgan Speaks to Teens Suspended for Shooting Toy Gun 'Have You Been A Naughty Boy'

:

General

Old September 26th, 2013, 17:59   #1
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Piers Morgan Speaks to Teens Suspended for Shooting Toy Gun 'Have You Been A Naughty Boy'

Piers Morgan Speaks to Teens Suspended for Shooting Toy Gun 'Have You Been A Naughty Boy ' - YouTube

Watch cuz this time it is Airsoft but look what Pier says at the end....
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2013, 18:02   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I can't stand that pompous ass but at least he makes a reasonable point.

Last edited by lurkingknight; September 26th, 2013 at 18:08..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2013, 19:56   #3
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

If the bus, or any unsuspecting students were not involved, then it clearly was none of the school's business. Private property, is private property. Those kids shouldn't be shooting them in their front yards, or around other people, but still not the school's business. Not only that, but also bringing in that youth's completely unrelated behavioral record to support how stupid they are, that's pretty low.
Old September 26th, 2013, 20:10   #4
Aj619

Why are schools sticking there noses in non school related buisness?

I'm truly confused as to why they can do that.
Old September 27th, 2013, 16:07   #5
JDoorn

Piers actually made an intelligent statement. I'm surprised.
JDoorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 16:25   #6
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj619 View Post
Why are schools sticking there noses in non school related buisness?

I'm truly confused as to why they can do that.
Aidan Clark and Khalid Caraballo, both 13, fired airsoft guns at home

Pellets hit children a nearby bus stop, prompting disciplinary hearing at school

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Old September 27th, 2013, 16:55   #7
DustMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
If the bus, or any unsuspecting students were not involved, then it clearly was none of the school's business.
Seems some unsuspecting students were involved.

Quote:
Private property, is private property. Those kids shouldn't be shooting them in their front yards, or around other people, but still not the school's business.
As a side note: local bylaws notwithstanding. Many communities have bylaws prohibiting the discharge of guns - toy or otherwise - in the city limits, private property or not.

Quote:
Not only that, but also bringing in that youth's completely unrelated behavioral record to support how stupid they are, that's pretty low.
It seems this incident is just the proverbial straw, in which case past behavior is relevant, otherwise people would think the school district was wildly overreacting.

In general though, things you do outside of school (or work) can have an effect on school (and work). I've often thought it strange that one could be terminated for a DUI not related to your job, but that happens too.
DustMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 22:03   #8
Aj619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Aidan Clark and Khalid Caraballo, both 13, fired airsoft guns at home

Pellets hit children a nearby bus stop, prompting disciplinary hearing at school

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Ahh didn't see that part thr video lead me to believe they were firing at a target
Old September 28th, 2013, 09:48   #9
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

What I gathered from the video, was that students from the school came into their yard before hand to indulge in the game. The school then reported that "other" students had been hit at the bus stop, but the bus stop in question was their front yard. I'm also assuming that the bus in question is a school bus, or how would the school find out about the incident? And even if it had happened at a city bus stop, and the kids had been shot unknowingly, then it would have been a police matter. "There are kids shooting unsuspecting people in the street. Quick, call a school!". From the look of their house, they live in suburbia, which means there is no bus stop in front of their house, it's just along the school bus path. So then likely if there were other kids involved, then they were either already on the bus, or had run over to their friends house early, and onto their private property to play the game before the bus arrived. Anything really is possible, and the kids should not have been doing what they were doing, and it is America, so there likely is not airsoft inhibiting by laws; but it seems the school got inappropriately involved, and then spun a twisted tale about the two boys.
Old September 28th, 2013, 10:55   #10
Danke

Maybe you didn't read any of the more in depth reports.

There were kids waiting for the school bus shot in a crossfire. That is why they were suspended. Shooting the students at a bus stop isn't OK; even by "accident" when they were aiming at a target.

This is like a textbook example of why everyone one on here flames the "I have a big yard for airsoft wars" crowd.

I don't know if they deserved the boot for a year but I'll put the blame where it belongs. On the parents. The kid's mom was so happy to get them out of the house early so she could watch Dr Phil in peace that she's won the booby prize of the kid home for a year.
Old September 28th, 2013, 12:54   #11
HeadlessChicken

Mom says its a fun game but probably has never seen an airsoft game in her life...typical parent simply wanting to shut little Timmy up when they see that cool 1337 C0D gun on a Walmart shelf.

If anything, the school should have punished the parents and brought child services into the picture after rescinding their child's suspension. There is blame to be put here and its either going to be on the kids for doing something stupid or the parents for enabling them to do something stupid.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2013, 19:28   #12
Danke

13 year old boy being home schooled for a year is a punishment for the parent.

You'll find out.
Old September 28th, 2013, 20:52   #13
LongStone

stupid little fuckers are STILL firing TOWARDS the road for the news footage and I suspect kids "waiting for the bus" are not wearing safety gear...I they were all actually playing a "consensual game" at some point that's a whole different matter
All that said 1 year suspension for a kid of that age? WTF...just give them a year off to become more delinquent. School board is waaaay over reaching authority on this one.
Piers not being a total twat...still in shock over that one
LongStone is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General