:

General

Closed Thread

Old June 1st, 2013, 03:17   #106
Shatter

Send a message via MSN to Shatter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post

> mfw people claim they can't hear/feel shit hitting their gear. 99% of hits to gear are obvious. I don't buy this excuse at all.
You jizz in your pants?
Old June 1st, 2013, 05:29   #107
BennyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Yeah but that video is from 2012, way before the most recent ban.
I didn't re-check but wasn't it Dec 2012? Not that long ago if I saw correctly or remember correctly..
Old June 1st, 2013, 08:11   #108
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

there were times when I've been hit by a BB and didn't feel it. The person who shot me shouted "YOUR OUT, I HIT YOU" and I walked off the field.

I think its the shooters call, I don't see a point in arguing.
its just like kids playing cops and robbers. "I SHOT YOU", "NO I SHOT YOU"
Cmon, swallow your pride and move on.
Old June 1st, 2013, 09:01   #109
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Anybody else hear rumors that GMR is planning on going to Art of War?

Quote:
Originally Posted by localfreerider View Post
there were times when I've been hit by a BB and didn't feel it. The person who shot me shouted "YOUR OUT, I HIT YOU" and I walked off the field.

Every game I have been to in the last couple years have moved to a 'don't call others hits' rule. If you think you hit somebody and they did not call it, shoot them again or bring it up to game control. Yelling at others to call their hits just leads to problem.

Last edited by Cobrajr122; June 2nd, 2013 at 20:43..
Old June 1st, 2013, 09:58   #110
JEEPEE
formerly JPCD002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrajr122 View Post
Every game I have been to in the last couple years have moved to a 'don't call others hits' rule. If you think you hit somebody and they did not call it, shoot them again or bring it up to game control. Yelling at others to call their hits just leads to problem.
+1 Same here. Generally it leads to a verbal fight and most of the time the shooter cannot confirm at 100% that he really hits the traget...

SHM - JEEPEE
SpearHeadMerc.

Fier membre de la Légion!
Old June 1st, 2013, 11:55   #111
Madrigal

Quote:
Anybody else hear rumors that GMR is planning on going to Act of War?
Old June 1st, 2013, 13:11   #112
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

Quote:
You made a good point, I guess I gave a poor example, my point was that I don't see a point in arguing over a game of honor.

It makes me wonder if the situation arose where two people who were blatantly not calling hits got into some sort of john woo shootout trading shots until they ran dry. like t800 vs. t1000
Old June 1st, 2013, 17:20   #113
pugs144

Guess who just bought ASC and moving to Canada.
Old June 1st, 2013, 17:33   #114
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by localfreerider View Post

I strongly disagree. It is the person who is shot who must call themselves hit, otherwise you get exactly what you don't want, "I shot you, you're hit." That is the second worst kind of airsofter. Intentionally not calling hits is a close on top.

It is the shooters job to hit the target, they may feel like they hit them, or miss for a stellar number of reasons (Wind, BB Drop, Poor Eyesight, Trees, Gun Malfunction, Magazine Malfunction, BB Deformaty, or maybe the Gods just fucking vanished that BB.) but it is never the job of the shooter to call another persons hit.

When the shooter is LACING the non-caller, and they are not calling hits... Then you have to call yourself out, and go have a chat with the individual/s and resolve the issue. This is called a parlay. Often game staff is brought over to discuss the actions and normally resolves in both players going back to respawn, or if this is along standing problem, the cheater being ejected.

EDIT: As a caveat, written or spoken field rules obviously override all of the above, ultimately do what game staff tell you - or leave - it's their game.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 20:01   #115
LongStone

if you're inclined to listen "This Week in Airsoft" posted a new podcast from them addressing the latest kerfuffle
http://thegreenmountainrangers.podom...14_19_06-07_00
Old June 2nd, 2013, 20:21   #116
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongStone View Post
if you're inclined to listen "This Week in Airsoft" posted a new podcast from them addressing the latest kerfuffle
http://thegreenmountainrangers.podom...14_19_06-07_00
Sssooo...Running irregular gear that and not asking the organizer if it ok (i.e. ladders and bikes) (read litterally hiding it from everyone) is ok?

They sound like douchebag tokers. Doesn't really help their cause the way I hear it.

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 21:04   #117
Madrigal

Everything in that podcast makes them sound like huge assholes, with no respect to the rules and setup of the games :/
Old June 2nd, 2013, 21:54   #118
pugs144

Umm, just how high was GMR elevated onto their ivory pedestal by the community that we ended up with 8 pages of vitriol over a team that 99.999% of the people piping up in this thread will never meet much less game with/against?
Old June 2nd, 2013, 22:24   #119
Drake
E-01

They were kinda high profile due to their videos (credit be given where its deserved, they did have their shit together in terms of gear and movement) but I think on a more visceral level, they've become emblematic of a local player or team most of us know or encountered in our time playing. I've personally heard a lot of [relating to this thread about GMR] "its a lot like whats going on/happened with __________" discussions.

Plus ASC fucking loves drama.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 22:40   #120
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
They were kinda high profile due to their videos (credit be given where its deserved, they did have their shit together in terms of gear and movement) but I think on a more visceral level, they've become emblematic of a local player or team most of us know or encountered in our time playing. I've personally heard a lot of [relating to this thread about GMR] "its a lot like whats going on/happened with __________" discussions.

Plus ASC fucking loves drama.
There's a few teams I can think who's name can be inserted there :P

Anyway, I really don't think we have much to worry about from GMR as Canadian Airsofters, if they did show up, we just ban them, simple as that.

In regards to the plate carrier and hits argument, as someone who'se gamed a PC, you hear that shit, no two ways about it.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General