Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Realsword Type56 aftermarket stock upgrades?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old March 23rd, 2016, 16:40   #1
Nakes

Realsword Type56 aftermarket stock upgrades?

Hey, I used to have a Type56-1, stopped playing airsoft, sold it of course. Now I want to start playing again, and I want another real sword - but I'd like to get a real steel folding stock in a different design.

I've noticed the 56-2 the pinned folding stock folds the opposite direction of the pinned AK ones eg, ZenitCo which folds to the left side, while RS folds to the right. Are there any stocks that will fit this pinned rear?

What about the regular fixed wood stock T56? has anyone installed a real steel mount on the rear of it to promote use of either a sliding AR style, or aftermarket AK style folding stock?

I have a few ideas in mind, and I don't really care for the usual 'keep it classic AK talk' - constructive help would be appreciated as I'm getting a little stuck with my googling here!

Cheers
Nakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2016, 03:32   #2
Kingsix

Hi Nakes,

The Stock on the Type 56-2 is in fact a real steel stock design taken from a later derivative for the Type 56 the Type 81-1.

Perhaps the ideal was to leave the left side of the receiver free to allow the installation of a Combloc Optic mount in the future that was never implemented.

Changing out the stock from folding to fixed is something normally done at armory level. Maybe removing the Plastic cleaning tool box in between the stock will give you a quasi AKS-74 look.

Drill out old rivets and remove old rear trunnion that has the folding stock mechanism. Install a new trunnion (Make sure it's for the Mak90) with mounting points for a fixed stock and rivet it into place.

Or

Sell the Type 56-2 and buy a Type 56 or LCT AK as they have abit more customization parts available.

Hope this helps
Old March 24th, 2016, 03:52   #3
Nakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsix View Post
Hi Nakes,

The Stock on the Type 56-2 is in fact a real steel stock design taken from a later derivative for the Type 56 the Type 81-1.

Perhaps the ideal was to leave the left side of the receiver free to allow the installation of a Combloc Optic mount in the future that was never implemented.

Changing out the stock from folding to fixed is something normally done at armory level. Maybe removing the Plastic cleaning tool box in between the stock will give you a quasi AKS-74 look.

Drill out old rivets and remove old rear trunnion that has the folding stock mechanism. Install a new trunnion (Make sure it's for the Mak90) with mounting points for a fixed stock and rivet it into place.

Or

Sell the Type 56-2 and buy a Type 56 or LCT AK as they have abit more customization parts available.

Hope this helps
I don't own and RS anymore, I am looking to pickup a new one - I'm just undecided... LCTs do look cool, but I *really* liked my old RS.

What do you think the options are for a standard fixed stock Type 56? The 56-2 sounds like more effort than I want to put in from your suggestion... I definitely can't afford a Venitco stock as cool as they seem, but a AK to AR adaptor might fit on the Type 56 full stock model?

Last edited by Nakes; March 24th, 2016 at 13:43..
Nakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2016, 15:21   #4
Kingsix

Any Real steel part as long as it says it's compatible with MAk 90 (US Civilian Type 56)

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications