Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Headset

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 1st, 2018, 08:44   #1
zReaperAssassin

Arrow Headset

So, talking about comms:
I have Z-Tac headset, and it works fine, but not he best quality. I am looking into a new headset, but still can’t afford official stuff. I run a Baofeng UV-5R and need some ear protection as well, so was wondering if I should just stay with Z-Tac or what else could I run that would work well?
Thanks
Old March 1st, 2018, 13:03   #2
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

That also doubles as ear-pro? I don’t think there are any good replica options. There are some Sordins and Peltors that are only a couple hundred bucks if you can save for that. Also they provide enhanced hearing which is handy. Or see if you can pick up a Quietpro or Invisio used on eBay or something. Usually still a couple hundred though.
Old March 1st, 2018, 16:33   #3
zReaperAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
That also doubles as ear-pro? I don’t think there are any good replica options. There are some Sordins and Peltors that are only a couple hundred bucks if you can save for that. Also they provide enhanced hearing which is handy. Or see if you can pick up a Quietpro or Invisio used on eBay or something. Usually still a couple hundred though.
Thinking I’m going to have to get a budget option real firearm electronic headset and wear it under my helmet. Was looking at the Opsmen Earmor headsets, but seems they aren’t really good as well. Unsure if I should just stay with Z-Tac or go with the budget firearm ones as said above... what would you do?
Old March 2nd, 2018, 00:49   #4
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

What are you protecting your ears from, real firearms?

I’d get a surveillance headset by Pryme, with the molded ear-piece. It’s about $100 and the quality and sound quality are solid.

Save up for more advanced ear-pro down the line.
Old March 2nd, 2018, 17:38   #5
zReaperAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
What are you protecting your ears from, real firearms?

I’d get a surveillance headset by Pryme, with the molded ear-piece. It’s about $100 and the quality and sound quality are solid.

Save up for more advanced ear-pro down the line.
Well considering I play a lot of CQB and will be going to a large game this summer, I want to protect my ears from the R2Bs and such of 130 decibels. Only for a fraction of a second but can still potentially cause damage.
Old March 2nd, 2018, 21:05   #6
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

the Opsmen Earmor m32s are what I run, they're comfortable, and are on par with the howard lights I've found. another member did a comparrision with them against his comtacs. needless to say they didnt compare too well however he mentioned for the price they're a hell of a lot better then any repro trash and he even said they'd be on par with most of the electronic hearing protection you can get from cabelas etc.. with the exception of the stupidly high end ones.

that all being said,
you will need a real or their PTT as the repro ones do not work.
the headband is meh I replaced mine with a perroz design one.
you will sweat so a removable headband is good.
they run off 2 AAA batteries one in each cup.
the foam and earcup itself is more comfortable then repros and the rubber cup is softer so it forms around eye pro a bit nicer especially glasses.
the mic is nice and can be swapped from left or right easily or removed all together.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2018, 21:56   #7
zReaperAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
the Opsmen Earmor m32s are what I run, they're comfortable, and are on par with the howard lights I've found. another member did a comparrision with them against his comtacs. needless to say they didnt compare too well however he mentioned for the price they're a hell of a lot better then any repro trash and he even said they'd be on par with most of the electronic hearing protection you can get from cabelas etc.. with the exception of the stupidly high end ones.

that all being said,
you will need a real or their PTT as the repro ones do not work.
the headband is meh I replaced mine with a perroz design one.
you will sweat so a removable headband is good.
they run off 2 AAA batteries one in each cup.
the foam and earcup itself is more comfortable then repros and the rubber cup is softer so it forms around eye pro a bit nicer especially glasses.
the mic is nice and can be swapped from left or right easily or removed all together.
Are they worth the $150 shipped or so from redwolf? I have a set of electronic Peltor Tactical 100’s, but they shit off after something as simple as a Airsoft shot, designed to do so lol. Do the Earmor’s do this too or no?
Old March 2nd, 2018, 22:51   #8
redzaku

Yes, that is the point, electric ear pro turns off when a certain decibel level has been reached. It relies on the cup to provide the hearing protection. That is why slimmer ear pro has lower decibel protection.
If you want to test it out, take your peltor to a gun range and leave on and off your head. There will be some feedback coming from the headset, and when a gun shot goes off you should stop hearing the feedback
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion