Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

A.P.S CAM870 CO2 Powered Shotgun

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 11th, 2015, 19:26   #181
Sparky19707

I got my regulator from paintball sallys in wisconsin. I did see them availible on line but I try and support my local stores when possible. The hpa works great, the shot has a really nice pop to it and works in this cold. Once setup, the fill bracket stays on and pump it with the scuba tank for 100s of fills.
N_Force...if you have all three....so jelly! I really like the mods you did with the trigger and the speed loader.
My cut is healing up nicely so not a big deal for such a big insight to the care of these shells.
Sparky19707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 00:48   #182
Nikotin

Damn! My firing pin broke off, same as it did for N-Force, but I haven't even had it two weeks. I've messaged APS so hopefully they'll fix this for me - maybe I should get the reinforced pin this time.

The only other problem I was having with the gun was occasional short-shucking, which I think can be attributed to wear on certain shell rims. It's been great apart from these annoying issues...
Nikotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 09:12   #183
Ripper13124

There is no difference between the sf and aow, but the longer barrel is less accurate than the sf, strange :-/
Ripper13124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2015, 12:22   #184
Corinth

The contributions that all of you have put forward, especially in regards to the work of N_Force, are invaluable. The technical details alone are impressive and will go toward helping others (like myself) with future projects. For the problems that it presents, N_Force has provided detailed guides on the CAM870 and has elaborately expanded on the known issues that we all have come across, a true Gunsmith who isn't daunted by the boldest of challenges!

Keep posting your work guys, the boys and I are looking forward to seeing what you come up with and hopefully our little project will come to light on these forums for you all to ogle and drool over. But not to leave you completely hangin', they are known as Projects "Masterkey" and "Chain Saw"...

Honour and Respect... Pew! Pew!
Corinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2015, 14:54   #185
Briggs

First post to the forum. Nice seeing people building custom Cam870's and liked all the shotty's on this thread. My 870 project started from SF model, got different barrels for it but eventually i put the 20inch barrel and 7.5inch magazine extension, and other stuff:
-Choate Forearm 12 gauge model
-Ati Talon telescopic stock
-Tacstar Heat Shield
-RS magazine spring(feeds perfectly)

And thats for now, still making ideas for next setup.

Link to picture:
https://imageshack.com/i/p1468y4Yj

Sorry for typos.
Briggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2015, 06:00   #186
Sparky19707

After falling in love with the 870SF at Christmas, setting it up to run HPA, checking Evike everyday for 3 months....I finally got the AOW. Mine showed up with the orange tip on the threads and I would like to have the Knurled tip that is shown in all the pictures. I cant find anybody selling just the tip. I see that it is sold with the 16 inch barrel threaded tip. If anyone was setting up for a breacher and has that tip to sell me or can shoot me a link I would appreciate it!
Sparky19707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2015, 07:25   #187
N_Force

Contact Derek, aps-ram in hk see if they are able to sell you one.

N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 15:25   #188
Rialto

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434137061.826255.jpg

Went to my local machine shop and got me a nice steel barrel.. Which i then bluedusing birchwood casey cold blue..

Still waiting for the barrel guide ringImageUploadedByTapatalk1434137151.649375.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rialto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2015, 20:39   #189
N_Force

APS has the new CAM870P police version out. like it or not?

Old July 14th, 2015, 19:19   #190
Slain39

It's been a while since last post, I'll necro it and post mine again

Anyone having after report, worn trigger parts, ejector spring or loading arm?
I've fired 500 round with mine and the only issue is misfire from some shells. It seems to be fine when I load them 1-2 days before usage, but if I leave them loaded with C02 for a week they won't fire(I use 24oz CO2 instead of 12g).
Slain39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2015, 06:14   #191
N_Force

Misfire could cause by the firing pin over length a bit. File to shorten it a bit, would not hurt, see of it would be fixed.
Using CO2, it's dry gas, CO2 guns mostly come with lube oil, in light red color. Not sure how could you apply in your gas tank but I use the 12gm with original loader, I drop oil in front of the CO2 front tip for lubricant purpose. I did also tried to store it for a while after loaded CO2 while ago last year for storage testing, only found some shells were leaking but the one with gas were still shooting. I suggest you don't store them with loaded gas for too long in your case, or try to add lubricant.
This bad boy is using most of the parts are similar material to RS, so it should last long. But I think the easy having trouble ones would be the left and right latches, they are thin and wear out faster abd could cause missed feeder or jam.
BTW, nice set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slain39 View Post
It's been a while since last post, I'll necro it and post mine again

Anyone having after report, worn trigger parts, ejector spring or loading arm?
I've fired 500 round with mine and the only issue is misfire from some shells. It seems to be fine when I load them 1-2 days before usage, but if I leave them loaded with C02 for a week they won't fire(I use 24oz CO2 instead of 12g).

Last edited by N_Force; July 15th, 2015 at 06:19..
Old July 20th, 2015, 19:12   #192
Dj_komodo

My CAM870 with an old G&P light, it wasn't easy to install though...

Dj_komodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2015, 02:31   #193
donny039

Just pulled the trigger on the CAM870 with 14" barrel, still waiting on it to arrive though, in august! ... cant wait!

Trying to figure out how im going to set it up, im thinking Urbino stock, side saddle, heat shield if a factory shield will fit on the 14" shorty.

Anyone know a lower cost option for a mesa urbino stock, maybe a airsoft version?

Last edited by donny039; July 23rd, 2015 at 03:07..
donny039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 06:54   #194
N_Force

Pick up an adapter from ASDEPOT for pps, it's plastic and no need to be mod, installed it into APS, working fine. But need to get a right stock for it, hah!
[/URL][/IMG]

Personalized bolt logo - N (force)
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by N_Force; August 23rd, 2015 at 07:07..
Old August 28th, 2015, 00:50   #195
Dj_komodo

Lost a bit of the front sight:/ anyone knows how to replace it?
Dj_komodo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion