Weird feeding issues..

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 1st, 2013, 09:56   #16
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKee View Post
Well as far as the hop up is concerned its brand new.. lonex sleeve and modify flat nub. I did have the modify sleeve before as well and the problem was the same. The conditions are the same regardless of temperature as I'm testing it indoors.

As for leaving bbs in the mags, i'm pretty good about emptying them within 24h of a game.. but the mags are a few years old now. It doesn't seem to happen with my other guns though.. More testing is in order I guess.
McKee try the fittings on the mag release some may sit just a tad lower than OEM mags even by a small fraction but enough to cause the misfeeds, if its happening only in one rifle it might just be spacing issue on the mag itself or it could be your body getting too loose over time. some of the one I've seen on the newer AEG range from improper hop up alignment to the body to a small misallignment of the body itself, things like misallign body pin holes or even as common as a slightly bent hop up feed tube lips.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 11:05   #17
McKee
Merica'

Send a message via MSN to McKee
So far i've lubed/cleaned some mags, lubed the hop up, and have tried partial mag loads. So far partial mag loads have been somewhat successful. If I load to 120ish (basically till i cant load anymore, amount varies depending on how it stacks inside) it will shoot low if there is already bbs in the feed tube, but seems to improve after shooting about 20 shots. If i load to ~95 rds so far it seems ok but i havent tested it extensively. Even a fully loaded mag will still fire properly if the tube is clear, and sometimes even when it's not. Needing to fire 20 rds before it corrects doesnt make sense if there is only max 5 extra bbs in the tube. I am still not convinced even partial mag loads are reliable though and suspect there may be an underlying problem.. Especially since i havent replicated the problem on another gun.

Commanding in Airsoft
McKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 18:02   #18
Bandit50

I have this issue with 120rd PTS mags. I checked the guns feed and it was fine.. It ended up being the mags when (fully loaded) at 100-120rds or so. I would loose almost 15-25 bb's trying to get the damn thing unjammed and feeding... so I just dropped the count back 75-80 on the quick loader or so... and it fixed it.

To me, this is probably a break in issue where the spring needs to be compressed a bit so that it doesn't react so violently with that much force when un-compressing and feeding the gun.

ßąηđїt.50

Last edited by Bandit50; April 1st, 2013 at 18:08..
Bandit50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 21:10   #19
Korunos
a.k.a. Asteroth33

I have the exact same issue with my VFC M4. After each mag change the first 6-8 shots curve downward and the FPS is really low. After firing off the 6-8 everything returns to normal. Using Magpul mags ( not the cheapie ones ).

I'll have to try loading up only 100 rounds and see if it makes a difference.
Korunos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 22:03   #20
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
What BB's were you using? I have found that problem too but it was because the BB's were smaller, by a fraction, which caused them to jam.
Bastards at the time.

I also got some silica ones, and they where feeding sometimes (I know they are smaller, but a lot harder and smooth).

Don't have the issue anymore, since GBBR...
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 00:19   #21
McKee
Merica'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korunos View Post
I have the exact same issue with my VFC M4. After each mag change the first 6-8 shots curve downward and the FPS is really low. After firing off the 6-8 everything returns to normal. Using Magpul mags ( not the cheapie ones ).

I'll have to try loading up only 100 rounds and see if it makes a difference.
Sounds like the same thing. Let me know how it works for you.

Commanding in Airsoft
Old April 7th, 2013, 23:09   #22
Korunos
a.k.a. Asteroth33

Update for McKee - Loaded up a bunch of mags today with 90 to 100 rounds each. Made no difference, the first 6 to 8 shots went about 50 feet and curved downwards.
Korunos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 01:21   #23
McKee
Merica'

Thanks Korunos.. here's something I've had some luck with. Fix a patch of female (soft) industrial strength velcro inside the mag well (you can get these at micheals craft store). This is a trick many VFC owners use since they are finicky with mags and the magwell seems slightly larger than most AEGs. Despite my MAG brand mags fitting ok without it, it seems to have helped with the feeding as well as tightening the seating of magazines (also makes your gun quieter due to slight mag rattle). This in conjunction with loading the mags under capacity seems to have rectified the problem, but I won't know for sure until I game it. I'm not about to blow hundreds of rounds off for no reason trying to test for a intermittent problem. I'll post back after my next game with results.

Commanding in Airsoft
Old April 9th, 2013, 01:57   #24
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
McKee, does this problem occur when using vfc brand mags?
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:33   #25
McKee
Merica'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
McKee, does this problem occur when using vfc brand mags?
I don't have any VFC brand mags. Just MAG and a G&P.

Commanding in Airsoft
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:41   #26
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKee View Post
I don't have any VFC brand mags. Just MAG and a G&P.
Crap, I just bought a vfc scar, guess what, same prob, I was hoping someone has vfc mags to confirm if it's mag related
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 03:19   #27
BennyBoy

MY VFC Scar H feeds flawlessly with the VFC mid caps

My VFC PDW feeds flawlessly with the VFC pdw mid cap it came with and the dboys pdw midcaps. I use velocity arms m4 mid caps with it too, although it shoots fine, the mag will drop out with very little pressure on the mag release. Had to use soft side of velcro to prevent it. M4 mags are not as fat so it seems that's the main culprit for my PDW and non-pdw mags.
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 08:48   #28
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
Crap, I just bought a vfc scar, guess what, same prob, I was hoping someone has vfc mags to confirm if it's mag related
Try velcro in the magwell?

I did this to my Scar and now it is shooting fine, so long as I don't over feed my mags by 10-20 or so rounds.

I know VFC mags are a little off from most standard AEG mags, hence why VFC mags probably work better the most other brands. If I am correct like Bennyboy pointed out, VFC mags are usually a bit bigger and therefore tighter in the magwell.
Old April 9th, 2013, 09:06   #29
zone 69

Try some black tape little in the mag well on the bottom of the mechbox and a little on the top of the mag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 006.jpg (30.2 KB, 3 views)
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 09:58   #30
bug519

I recently started having this issue aswell with my vfc scar light and king arms midcaps. I've had the velcro in the magwell since I bought the gun and my kingarms mags fed fine, but I forgot that I replaced the lower receiver and didn't replace the velcro, haven't fully tested yet but I assume that was my issue.
Also, my vfc midcap has had this issue out of the box, velcro tape or not, it still spits out the first 5-10 bbs, always has, seems like it always will.

By the way, I never put more than 80rds in my 120rd mags.
bug519 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner