Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Review : Sequential Airsoft's Silent Fill Valve O-Rings (GBB's)

:

Reviews

Old February 11th, 2015, 19:36   #1
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Exclamation Review : Sequential Airsoft's Silent Fill Valve O-Rings (GBB's)

So I thought I'd drop a little thread here to hopefully bring some notice to these little O-rings being offered by a fellow member here.

These things are great. I slapped them on my G17 TM mags and it removed all sound (except a slight filling sound if you listen closely) and gas spillage. Very easy to install, and well worth the EIGHT bucks for eight orings. Now the people around me don't have to breath in copious amounts of propane fumes when I gas my Glock mags.

These were well worth it, and if you have TM mags I highly suggest you pick some of these up.

You can head over to his sales thread here: http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=169381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.

Last edited by daishi; February 11th, 2015 at 19:56..
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 19:42   #2
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
Ive always felt that the gas leaking while filling is an advantage, making it easier to know when its full, but it also lets the mag fill more fully with the venting and cooling working to help propane to get out of the tank and into the mag, cant properly fill a mag thats got a non hissing valve if its much warmer than your propane tank for instance

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 21:09   #3
Sequential

Thanks for the review Daishi! Glad you were able to put them to good use!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenooblord View Post
Ive always felt that the gas leaking while filling is an advantage, making it easier to know when its full, but it also lets the mag fill more fully with the venting and cooling working to help propane to get out of the tank and into the mag, cant properly fill a mag thats got a non hissing valve if its much warmer than your propane tank for instance
This is a common misconception. The fact is adding o-rings have proven be more efficient in filling gas to magazines. GBB magazines should be never charged full, they run optimal when they are charged about 80%-90% full.
Charging a mag without a o-ring on the fill valve will freeze the mag.
Most GBB manufactures have adopted the o-ring, but traditional companies like TM haven't. Which I don't understand why. With the o-ring's the TM mags fill perfectly fine, and each time you are able to save a bit more gas without having to breath in that nasty smell.

Last edited by Sequential; February 11th, 2015 at 21:11..
Sequential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 12:05   #4
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

How do the fill valves come apart?
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 14:31   #5
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Lugnuts View Post
How do the fill valves come apart?
You don't disassemble the fill valves to install the o-rings. You basically align it to the fill valve and lightly tuck them in. Once they have seated correctly you can fill your mags without sprayage.
Old February 13th, 2015, 17:49   #6
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

I took the O-rings out of butane lighters but I found I got an incomplete fill with them and my TM mags ran better when they vented while filling. This is just my opinion in my case though.
localfreerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2015, 10:26   #7
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by localfreerider View Post
I took the O-rings out of butane lighters but I found I got an incomplete fill with them and my TM mags ran better when they vented while filling. This is just my opinion in my case though.
I've heard some people say the same, from different airsoft communities however I have yet to experience this. All my race-gun magazines (TM and ProWin) have these o-rings installed and the gun performs flawlessly.
Old February 20th, 2015, 02:17   #8
jamuke

Thanks Sequential, "SILENT but DEADLY"( buy the copyright for a lifetime supply of o rings)

great in my marui g 17 and particularly nice for the TM Mp7 with those deep valves when all you hear is hissing forever,perfect fit

Maruzen M870 though was a little tighter and I couldn't get the o rings to not blow off and disappear when I finished filling

bought them for the Marui's specifically and couldn't be more pleased with the result
Old February 20th, 2015, 09:33   #9
DipTwit

I always did the butane-lighter thing too, not because they worked perfectly, but because the worked 'well enough' and I go through BBQ lighters like water (I camp lots)

They usually worked, but sometimes had thin spots, sometimes you had to hold the tank just right, and sometimes would blow out from gas venting just as you take the tank away.

I've ordered some of these now to compare, I can see the thicker material solving all the above weaknesses, glad someone stepped up to make/find them and offer them to the rest of us.
DipTwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2015, 15:52   #10
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipTwit View Post
I always did the butane-lighter thing too, not because they worked perfectly, but because the worked 'well enough' and I go through BBQ lighters like water (I camp lots)

They usually worked, but sometimes had thin spots, sometimes you had to hold the tank just right, and sometimes would blow out from gas venting just as you take the tank away.

I've ordered some of these now to compare, I can see the thicker material solving all the above weaknesses, glad someone stepped up to make/find them and offer them to the rest of us.
I did the lighters thing too, but I felt like it was such a waste of a lighter. I remembered I broke like 6 lighters, and that wasn't cheap! After tax those lighters were nearly 2-3$ each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamuke View Post
Thanks Sequential, "SILENT but DEADLY"( buy the copyright for a lifetime supply of o rings)

great in my marui g 17 and particularly nice for the TM Mp7 with those deep valves when all you hear is hissing forever,perfect fit

Maruzen M870 though was a little tighter and I couldn't get the o rings to not blow off and disappear when I finished filling

bought them for the Marui's specifically and couldn't be more pleased with the result
Glad to hear you were able to good use!
Ah regarding the Maruzen fitment, if I had a mag to take a look or fill-valve to measure I could get them custom made too!
Yeah these O-Rings were made specifically for WE/TM style fill valves. Which is mainly universal for all handguns.

I like that name, silent but deadly hahaha.
Old February 27th, 2015, 20:43   #11
BobbyDangerous

These are great!! Gives me confidence! My Pistol mag was always spewing when I was Filling like 90% of the time. I shot some rounds and filled a few times and I notice a big difference. Thanx a lot. Perfect
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2015, 20:45   #12
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

A video comparison would be cool.
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2015, 21:45   #13
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrajr122 View Post
A video comparison would be cool.
I was going to do a video but its pretty straight forward... If you have a TM mag you will know that once you start filling em they start pissing gas everywhere. With the o-ring the gas won't, instead what you will hear is a quite filling noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDangerous View Post
These are great!! Gives me confidence! My Pistol mag was always spewing when I was Filling like 90% of the time. I shot some rounds and filled a few times and I notice a big difference. Thanx a lot. Perfect
Thanks for the kind words Bobby!
Old February 27th, 2015, 23:53   #14
apilar

Excellent orings! Slipped right on easy with the gas nozzle and stayed seated nicely!

No spewing gas, no blocking gas flow ( as I found using lighter o-rings) perfect oring and a great price
apilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2015, 07:18   #15
Shamusodoofus

I mostly bought these rings to replace some missing o-rings on some of my KJW magazines. I do however have some TM magazines and even a gas shotgun (Marushin clone) that were designed to not use o-rings that I slipped these onto. As a result the TM mags were MUCH easier to fill, it no longer required me to carefully align the gas fill nozzle which always annoyed me. Likewise with the shotgun. The KJW mags I felt were much easier to fill compared to the stock o-rings. For $1/o-ring I would strongly recommend these as replacements and even an upgrade to stock o-rings.
Shamusodoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews