Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My order from Buyairsoft.ca

:

General

Old January 13th, 2008, 18:57   #1
brently0725

My order from Buyairsoft.ca

I ordered a TM VSR 10 clone with scope from Buyairsoft.ca on Dec 23, 2007. Is it uncommon for it to take this long to get here. I still don't have it yet.
Old January 13th, 2008, 18:57   #2
Griffin

Do you have a tracking number?
Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 19:03   #3
brently0725

Yah it says its in shipment.

Not at all helpful
Old January 13th, 2008, 19:09   #4
Crunchmeister

Well, Canada Post tracking system is about as useful as tits on a nun. When I ordered my CA M15A4 from A&A in November, the CP tracking system had the item listed as "electronic details submitted" until about a week after I got the damn thing. Then I got a flurry of about 10 emails from CP with the "item at post office, item at sortation plant, item out for delivery, and item devliered" messages.

But yeah, it shouldn't take that long to get to you in BC. I would say it's time to contact buyairsoft and get them to put in a claim for a lost package. I myself lost 2 separate packages in the mail in the last month....
Old January 13th, 2008, 19:13   #5
brently0725

Thanks a lot Crunchmeister. Sure would be a lot easier if they had a number to call.
Old January 13th, 2008, 19:15   #6
Crunchmeister

Yeah, it sucks that they're online only, but they've got good customer service. I've made severa non-airsoft purchases from them and always had emails replied within a day at most.
Old January 13th, 2008, 19:22   #7
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

it should only take about 4 days for a parcel to go from AB to BC

From what you described though, buyairsoft.ca got the parcel out and the post office lost it!
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 19:28   #8
brently0725

I guess what could have happened is my friend lied to me. I bought and installed a front hub assembly on his 2000 Explorer. Took me all of 40 minutes to change. The gun was $260 after taxes so he said he would order it for me. I keep calling him looking for some exciting news but always get a bad answer. I drive tow truck on the side along with my full time job at Lordco. I might have to go *move* his Explorer to another location soon. I've ALWAYS wanted to do that LOL!!!

Hope it's atleast a half decent gun!!! When I do end up getting it.
Old January 13th, 2008, 19:47   #9
Crunchmeister

You know, I never had a problem with Canada Post until recently. Their tracking system's always been shitty, but never had a problem until recently.

First was a package I ordered from Jugglez (from airsoftparts.ca). I ordered at the beginning of December. I live in Kingston, which is like 3 hours from Toronto. Xpresspost should be an overnight delivery (and all other parts I bought from him since have arrived overnight). Almost 3 weeks later, it hadn't arrived, so Jugglez put in an insurance claim and it was settled very quickly, and he shipped me the new parts.

The second package was Christmas gifts I sent to my mother and aunts back east. I was supposed to bring them myself, but had to cancel my trip, so mailed them on like Dec 27 or 28 or something. They still haven't arrived to her. Unforuntaly I cheaped out on the shipping and didn't get a tracking number (like that does any good anyway).

So yeah, BOO to CP for their recent performance. I hope you can get your gun.
Old January 13th, 2008, 19:57   #10
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

I ordered a body pin for my M16 from Jugglez, paid him the shipping and damn canada post charged me another $5 for the bloody pin once it reached my door!
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 20:08   #11
Omi-san

The Canada Post system is simple.

If you buy some worthless shit like a DVD from Amazon.ca, you'll get complete tracking updated every 12 hours and the package is delivered in the following 48-72 hours.

If you order a $700 AEG, the tracking doesn't work and the package arrives 15 days later.
Omi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 20:27   #12
BBS

Send a message via MSN to BBS
shipping with Canadapost is somewhat like a gamble.

i've only had minor problems with cp:
-sometimes it takes them too long for stuff to get to its destination.
-gun tore out of its Canadpost claimed "tear resistant" bubble mailer, my buyer wasn't too impressed unfortunately...
-sometimes whats supposed to take 2 weeks to ship only takes a matter of days to arrive (no complaints there )
-tracking system is inaccurate and updates take too long at times.

but overall my experience with cp is pretty good so far, at least i never experienced lost packages during transit.
to the OP: hope the gun arrives!
BBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 20:37   #13
El Cactus Loco

i thought CP wasnt shipping airsoft guns anymore?
El Cactus Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 20:43   #14
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Yeah Canada post isnt to high on my list of favorites when it comes to shipping.

Personally, my prefered method to send somthing is the same thing my dad does, VIA the bus, good old greyhound. A photographer in regina contacted me in the morning and requested a few articles of clothing from my shop for a shoot. I packed up what he needed in a box and headed down to the bus station. Fairly cheap to send something by bus, its dependant on the size of the parcel though. Four hours later I got a phone call saying that he checked the arrival time of the bus that I told him the parcel was on, went to the bus station and picked up the package within 15 minutes of the bus arriving.

Now I dont know how safe I would feel sending an AEG this way, but if there was insurance I wouldnt see why not, with good communication and coordination it wouldnt be that bad of a thing to do. Granted everything was properly packaged and no mishaps occured, you know things like bus going into the ditch and such.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 20:43   #15
HaZarD SFD

nvm

Last edited by HaZarD SFD; January 13th, 2008 at 20:52..
HaZarD SFD is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General