Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CA25 receiver with V2 gearbox?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old October 15th, 2008, 11:04   #1
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
CA25 receiver with V2 gearbox?

Hey, I've currently got a G&G Sr25, which is a standard V2 gearbox with an extended nozzle and standard M4/M16 style hopup. I tried searching and can't seem to find anywhere that states if it is possible to put a standard V2 gearbox and a regular hop up into the CA25 receiver. I know it uses a unique long-type gearbox, and its own hop up (?), but is it possible? Please let me know asap if you know.
Old October 15th, 2008, 11:19   #2
m102404
Tys

It works fine. You need the long nozzle, a spacer that goes over the long nozzle and bridges the gap between the mechbox and hopup unit (standard M4 hopup), and a spacer that screws into the spring guide (it screws onto the back of the mechbox...the stock screw then screws into the spacer) and bridges the gap between the mechbox and rear receiver.

Everything else is "normal".

Hope that helps,

Tys
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 11:23   #3
ujiro

Okay. I've currently got a G&G GR25 gearbox, which is just a standard V2, but with the long nozzle, and uses a regular M4 hopup. It's got the spacer at the back that screws into the spring guide, but what is this spacer that goes over the long nozzle you speak of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
It works fine. You need the long nozzle, a spacer that goes over the long nozzle and bridges the gap between the mechbox and hopup unit (standard M4 hopup), and a spacer that screws into the spring guide (it screws onto the back of the mechbox...the stock screw then screws into the spacer) and bridges the gap between the mechbox and rear receiver.

Everything else is "normal".

Hope that helps,

Tys
Old October 15th, 2008, 11:27   #4
m102404
Tys

I'm not sure about the GG version...but on the CA version that uses a std V2 mechbox, there's a bushing (about 1 cm long, OD just a bit bigger than the nozzle end of the hopup unit, ID the same as the nozzle).

Imagine how a in a "normal" setup...the M4 Hopup fits into and sits flush against the mechbox shell, while the nozzle goes back and forth inside to feed bbs...well on the CA, the hopup unit is forward up against the receiver and the mechbox is pushed back...the space basically bridges that gap (just a beefy tube really).

Tys
Old October 15th, 2008, 11:30   #5
ujiro

I see.. I suppose I would have to get this custom made then right. Considering it probably wouldn't be sold anywhere.

Did the CA with the standard GB use a long nozzle as well?
Old October 15th, 2008, 11:39   #6
m102404
Tys

Yes, used a reg MB but a long nozzle.

I'm not really sure you need it...but I suppose that it helps to seal up air leaks. If I had to make one, I'd make one out of Derlin/UHMW/PTFE plastic.

It's the piece on the farthest right of this pic..
Old October 15th, 2008, 11:51   #7
ujiro

Sweet okay, thank you for the help. I may be sending you a PM in a few weeks to be sending this guy to you make that piece for me if you can :P
Old October 15th, 2008, 11:55   #8
m102404
Tys

No prob.
Old June 7th, 2010, 00:35   #9
travis.niemczyk

Hey i am very confused by your wording.... Is it possible to use a regular V2 gearbox in the classic army sr25 which uses an elongated gearbox, and still use a standard m4 hopup? if so please pm me on how i can do this because i need to my elongated gearbox has cracked and i would like to do this so i can use my same mags and all.
travis.niemczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 18:34   #10
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis.niemczyk View Post
Hey i am very confused by your wording.... Is it possible to use a regular V2 gearbox in the classic army sr25 which uses an elongated gearbox, and still use a standard m4 hopup? if so please pm me on how i can do this because i need to my elongated gearbox has cracked and i would like to do this so i can use my same mags and all.
You necroed a thread just to ask exactly what is explained in the thread. Read it and you will get your answer. I know, I understood.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications