Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My TorontoAirsoft.com review

:

Reviews

Old February 6th, 2013, 17:36   #31
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Yah my latest experience with Toronto airsoft was this:

I went in to get a fore grip for my m4. I bought one and had to return it since it was a wobbly POS. That went smoothly thankfully, but when I was looking at the other fore grips, one of the employes came over and asked me what gun the fore grip was for. I stated it was for a KJW GBBR M4. He then said "Oh well that's a really shit gun, so that might be why that other fore grip didn't fit."

Seriously? KJW is better then all the gas blow backs they have for sale at their store. Not to mention insulting a customer is a pretty ballsy thing for a company to do.

Ive had all my other friends with same stories. Every gun we have bought we have had problems right out of the box, and had to take them to other retailers who opened them and remarked along the same lines of "Wow this looks chop shopped". Parts are replaced, things are glued into place that shouldn't be ect.

The place is good for accessories, but I wouldn't buy any guns there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 13:51   #32
Fortyeiight

Is it really as bad as you guys are making it out to be?

From what i see here in this post Toronto Airsoft has horrible customer service within the store as well as when it comes to shipping.

Above me there is a post that even the products have been tampered with before hand?.. hence the " chop shopped" comment

I was planning to make a trip down there eventually to possibly purchase my first gun, but from what I see here it sounds like I should stay clear.

Are these exaggerations?

Or would it be best to stay clear?
Fortyeiight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 14:01   #33
Danke

I bought a gun from them. After I bought it I realized that I needed a few more things so they held the box and I added what I needed without affecting the free freight.

I got my package about 2 days later and in perfect condition inside and out.
Old March 5th, 2013, 14:08   #34
ShelledPants

If you live in Toronto, you really should just go to their store instead of reading a handful of unhappy customers and taking their word for it. By all means, read their comments, and keep it in mind: but if you're a 20 minute drive... it's a good shop to stop by.

I recently bought a Echo1 M28. Transaction was good. Chatted a bit about events coming up and that was it. Smooth.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 14:10   #35
Nickaayyy

couple of my friend bought there and only one got an issue (Is L96 didnt want to shoot). He left them a message and they asked him to bring it back and they gave a new one. Now it's been 2 years and still work.

So on my side just good comment.
Old March 5th, 2013, 16:18   #36
targetGspot

a while back i ordered a goblin from them, it was supposed to come with the airsoft adapter but they forgot to pack it. i contacted them and they sent me one right away. unfortunately i needed it for that wknd! stumbled across a set of them at a local paintball shop so i could use it right away. sorry to hear they didn't come through for you. oh well, lots of other retailers for next time.
Old March 5th, 2013, 16:42   #37
Baroc

bought a stock which was specifically mentioned should fit, so I contacted them.
They got back to me rather quickly saying that it was my fault and offered a refund IF/ and only if the package was in perfect/undamaged condition... of course this is impossible since I opened the package. Now i'm stuck with an item that wont fit due to a bad item description on their site and nothing to do with it. The man I dealt with "Rick" had a condescending tone and was unwilling to help. I'm not buying from there again and suggest others do the same. There are plenty of good canadian retailers, Toronto airsoft is NOT one of them.
Baroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 18:47   #38
bug519

Purchased a VA-G36c for a friend getting into the sport. It was constantly double feeding out of the box, I realize its a low end gun, but all we wanted was something that worked. After a couple weeks of emails (sometimes days between responses) of "troubleshooting" ie: it's probably my BBs, I explained I tried many different high end brands with the same results. They finally initiated a repair under warranty and asked me to ship it to them. They didn't even look at it for a couple weeks, finally received it back more than a month after I shipped it. The repair note stated "broken hopup replaced and reinforced". Guess what..... exact same issue, double feeding with every shot. Opened it to look at the hopup and saw a bunch of glue in there. Send an email, they claim it was working when they shipped it to me and it must be my bbs. More emails sent arguing and I finally gave up.

Never again.
bug519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 20:39   #39
Baroc

/\ I've heard a few stories like that, their customer service is atrocious. They won't take the blame for ANY of their faulty products/mistakes.

I feel like simply NOT buying from there is not enough. Spread the word. Maybe if there's enough bad press (especially on here), they will change the way they treat their customers.
Baroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 22:03   #40
Seff5677

on December 29 2012 i went to the walk in store and purchased a new GHK Ak74U. Sweet gun but right when i got home first of all i couldn't load any BB's into the mag like it was impossible. When I did finally make some adjustments and got some BB's in (the BB's were really beaten up by the time they were inside the mag) then the gun repeatedly started jamming and the jams caused the hop up rubber to fall off. Also the hop up itself was broken and wouldn't move no matter how hard you tried. I brought the gun back on Jan 3 2013 this is the first day they were open since the holidays and left the gun there for warranty repair. I called back like 4 weeks later and asked about the gun repair and they told me that they ordered parts for it and they should be getting them in a couple of weeks. 3 weeks later i called again and asked whats the status on the repair, again same reply they didn't know where the parts were since GHK didn't give them a tracking number on the shipment and or if the parts were even shipped or not, nobody knew.

So i decided enough was enough and i went back to the store and got my money refunded. I think Toronto Airsoft did a good job here, they stood behind their product and i got my money back which is what counts. I'm sad that the gun was broken out of the box, i really liked it and it was also my first experience with gas rifle and obviously it didn't go as i wanted it too.

I would definitely go back, not sure which gas gun to get as i had my eyes set on the GHK AK74, but that was a bust.
Seff5677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 22:07   #41
Seff5677

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug519 View Post
Purchased a VA-G36c for a friend getting into the sport. It was constantly double feeding out of the box, I realize its a low end gun, but all we wanted was something that worked. After a couple weeks of emails (sometimes days between responses) of "troubleshooting" ie: it's probably my BBs, I explained I tried many different high end brands with the same results. They finally initiated a repair under warranty and asked me to ship it to them. They didn't even look at it for a couple weeks, finally received it back more than a month after I shipped it. The repair note stated "broken hopup replaced and reinforced". Guess what..... exact same issue, double feeding with every shot. Opened it to look at the hopup and saw a bunch of glue in there. Send an email, they claim it was working when they shipped it to me and it must be my bbs. More emails sent arguing and I finally gave up.

Never again.

when i had problems with my ghk ak74 i bought, i told em that the gun kept jamming right out of the box and they claimed that it was my bb's as well lol.

Oh and btw i really dislike their website contact form, it's such a waste of time sending messages back and forth when you could so easily just send a direct email to someone. Why don't they do that!!$%$$#
Old March 5th, 2013, 22:33   #42
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seff5677 View Post
when i had problems with my ghk ak74 i bought, i told em that the gun kept jamming right out of the box and they claimed that it was my bb's as well lol.

Oh and btw i really dislike their website contact form, it's such a waste of time sending messages back and forth when you could so easily just send a direct email to someone. Why don't they do that!!$%$$#
Most of this is old news, this behavior has been going on for some time. Awhile back, I had a friend who wanted to get into airsoft and he'd narrowed his choice to four rifles, he was ready to buy after getting a feel of how they sat in his hands, so we hit TA, long story short, they let him handle a gun or two and then basically said he couldn't hold anymore, he had to buy something. Essentially we told them to fuck themselves after he showed them the cash he had on hand that was intended for a purchase, and we went and bought elsewhere after we got him a feel of the other guns he was considering.

TA's service is shit, I'm not sure who's who at that store, but there's maybe one good employee and I think that's Frank :P
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 22:47   #43
XZIVR

So I need some orings for my WE M4 mag. Called them up and said hey, I need the oring kit for my gun, but I dont wanna pay $14 shipping for a $3 part. Any chance you could just send them letter mail? "Nope, sorry sir but we wont ship anything without a tracking number, so we have proof it's delivered." Ok, fair enough, but this is a $3 part. Surely you can make an exception? I promise I wont like sue you for $3 if the package truly doesn't arrive, or whatever "I said NO. we do NOT ship ANY other method." OK buddy. Thanks a lot.

I figured I would just toss it on my order next time I buy from them but between their selection, prices and the bad taste that conversation left in my mouth, it's 6 months later and I haven't ordered anything from them. In other news, WTB WE mag oring kit........
XZIVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 22:54   #44
redneck12

XZIVR have a chat with Juggles at Airsoftparts.ca, he is awesome and will definately help you out.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 23:26   #45
Seff5677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
Most of this is old news, this behavior has been going on for some time. Awhile back, I had a friend who wanted to get into airsoft and he'd narrowed his choice to four rifles, he was ready to buy after getting a feel of how they sat in his hands, so we hit TA, long story short, they let him handle a gun or two and then basically said he couldn't hold anymore, he had to buy something. Essentially we told them to fuck themselves after he showed them the cash he had on hand that was intended for a purchase, and we went and bought elsewhere after we got him a feel of the other guns he was considering.

TA's service is shit, I'm not sure who's who at that store, but there's maybe one good employee and I think that's Frank :P

They're working hours are not that good, makes me wonder if this is just a part time thing for all the people who run/ own the place.

i would love to get a new gbbr but i dont know which to get, i waited for a long time for that ghk ak74

They have a nice store though
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews