Open chamber WE M4/Scar/PDW/G39/l85

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old November 12th, 2014, 19:27   #376
cav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeStopCalling View Post
:\

Chamber appears okay, gun seems to be cycling okay. If anything it's much crisper once the aluminum nozzle was installed. The tolerances are much tighter than the OEM chamber. In my case, I used to be able to get away with playing with a nozzle where the lugs were cracked. With this chamber, the gun failed to go into battery as soon as the lugs were deflected/cracked. My issue with the nozzle pushing the BB out of the barrel is now gone.

FPS is more stable, I'm getting -/+ 15 with the first generation aluminum nozzle at 390 FPS, hopefully that will improve with RATech's new generation flute valve for the nozzle.

Overall? Good buy, but they need to figure out their sizing variations. I got lucky, some didn't.
I dont know how you are getting -/+ 15 fps jumps, but I must say you are lucky D:

I've been fiddling with my the RA-Tech gen2 nozzles with the new flute valves, and sometimes would get 50fps jumps :| Im wondering if it could be the spring that RA gave me for the flute. I got the tapered one as opposed to the straight normal spring.

Dialing up to higher FPS seems to be more stable, it's the lower ones that seem to have bigger differences T__T How am I ever gonna cqb this m4 D:
Old November 12th, 2014, 21:29   #377
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Follow up on the hop-up chambers?

@TUROK
Using steel chamber, steel bolt with plastic original nozzle and RS upper receiver. So far works great, cycled around 400 times. Had to add spacer for chamber to fit snug in upper receiver neck and mod my RS charging handle a bit. FPS relatively the same as before when using stock hop up chamber.
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2014, 23:27   #378
cav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Using steel chamber, steel bolt with plastic original nozzle and RS upper receiver. So far works great, cycled around 400 times. Had to add spacer for chamber to fit snug in upper receiver neck and mod my RS charging handle a bit. FPS relatively the same as before when using stock hop up chamber.
Hm, perhaps I should try with the plastic nozzle and old school NPAS.
Old November 13th, 2014, 22:58   #379
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cav. View Post
I dont know how you are getting -/+ 15 fps jumps, but I must say you are lucky D:

I've been fiddling with my the RA-Tech gen2 nozzles with the new flute valves, and sometimes would get 50fps jumps :| Im wondering if it could be the spring that RA gave me for the flute. I got the tapered one as opposed to the straight normal spring.

Dialing up to higher FPS seems to be more stable, it's the lower ones that seem to have bigger differences T__T How am I ever gonna cqb this m4 D:
I'm down to +/- 10 FPS with the new valve. It does need some time to break in, and I did have to change out the o-ring for a more snug one as the stock one sealed poorly to say the least. My chamber is showing some rusting so I do need to hit it with some naval jelly next time I change the rubber out.

Last edited by MaybeStopCalling; November 13th, 2014 at 23:01..
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2014, 18:40   #380
cav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeStopCalling View Post
I'm down to +/- 10 FPS with the new valve. It does need some time to break in, and I did have to change out the o-ring for a more snug one as the stock one sealed poorly to say the least. My chamber is showing some rusting so I do need to hit it with some naval jelly next time I change the rubber out.
Which o-ring? The nozzle one, or the one that screws into the internal of the nozzle?
Old November 15th, 2014, 21:05   #381
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cav. View Post
Which o-ring? The nozzle one, or the one that screws into the internal of the nozzle?
The one between the bolt and the nozzle- think gas rings on a real AR-15. Taking apart the nozzle was frustrating. The set screw stripped so I had to drill it out and then tap the resulting hole for a new screw. I then had to start lapping the bolt guides down.

I also will note, however, that my gun is extremely tight, tolerance wise. If you're ever in my area I'll show you the gun and you can see if there are differences between yours and mine.
Old November 17th, 2014, 14:50   #382
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
I will be starting a new project in the next month or two based off at WE M4/CQBR platform. I have worked with them aplenty in the past, however there are some new things that have come out since selling my previous band sticks off earlier this year.

I see some have procured the new RA Tech hop up chambers and was curious of the pros and cons compared to newest Gen WE units.

I'm also curious if anyone has gotten their hands on the new Angry Gun bolt carriers to test in comparison to the RA Tech carriers as well as the current Gen WE units.
Old December 22nd, 2014, 23:21   #383
rob 2fast4u

^ Also curious on how the angry gun steel bolt performs. Apparently its hardened by the bolt catch area and theres a removable weight in the rear of the bolt for extra recoil or not.
rob 2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 23:59   #384
SuperHog

What are the choices for NPAS? Which one is the best?
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2014, 15:46   #385
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
What are the choices for NPAS? Which one is the best?
There's the NPAS for the plastic nozzle, and there's the NPAS for the aluminum nozzle. The latter is built in and needs some modification to work correctly. I'd stick with the former for most users.

For those having issues with FPS consistency, I suggest lightening the buffer in the receiver extension- as the cold become more prevalent my gun went to +/- 50 FPS before I changed out the buffer and rounded the edges of the NPAS- back down to +/- 10 FPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack The Ripper View Post
I see some have procured the new RA Tech hop up chambers and was curious of the pros and cons compared to newest Gen WE units.
The New Age hop chambers will rust- you have to keep them oiled and maintained. Fit was slightly smaller than the diameter of the receiver opening, nothing too bad though. Nozzles work well enough and stick in the chamber long enough. No wear so far with the aluminum nozzle.
Old December 27th, 2014, 22:48   #386
canadianone

I was just doing some winter cleaning on my scar and noticed that the nozzle carrier is deformed and that it has cut my o-ring on my nozzle. I was sondering if any of you guys have any idea where I can get a replacement part for my gun, and if so, where I could get it.

Thanks
canadianone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2014, 02:16   #387
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Get an open bolt kit. You'll get plenty of replacement parts for ~$90.
Old December 29th, 2014, 09:51   #388
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Yes, that^. The open bolt kits for WE rifles have most of the replacement parts you will ever need.
Old January 2nd, 2015, 20:47   #389
canadianone

Thanks!
canadianone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2015, 12:31   #390
EricB

Hello all, hopefully someone here will be able to help me..

I picked up a CB CQBR for $50,

I bought the OB conversion kit for it, along with 8 mags (4 being new MSK mags, 3 used metal mags, and 1 used MSK mag)

I also bought an NPAS for the plastic nozzle.

I swapped over the gun to OB, put it all back together and my very first shot, 3 BBs shot, none being put down the barrel. I opened the gun and found the 3 BB's spilling into the trigger area.

I looked around for something abnormal which I couldnt see, and tried again. This time, 2 BB's wound up being pulled from the magazine, none going down the barrel again and the ring of the nozzle snapped clean off in one piece.

The lower receiver has a crack from the bolt catch area, all the way underneath to the other side by the mag release. I purchased a replacement for this, as someone has told me it was possible the mag wasnt being positioned correctly and misaligning the BB's.

I read through these 26 pages looking for anyone with a similar problem, but no dice I think. I did read somewhere about not tightening down the delta ring too much? does this sound like my problem?
EricB is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications