Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old January 13th, 2010, 12:15   #106
turok_t

Im looking for a silver trigger with 3 holes for my 5.1 hicapa. What brand and type would u guys recommend?
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:27   #107
Hata

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Im looking for a silver trigger with 3 holes for my 5.1 hicapa. What brand and type would u guys recommend?
Illusion Kinetics =)
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 13:02   #108
turok_t

Are most people using illusion kinetics parts?
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 13:05   #109
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:
I am.

I have a shitload on order and man am I excited.

Last edited by MoreToasties; January 13th, 2010 at 13:11..
MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 13:19   #110
m102404
Tys

Quote:
If you're not...you should be.

My take is that he does this because this is the part of airsoft he enjoys most...and he's making the years of experience that he's worked hard on available to everyone through endless Q&A, custom parts, full builds, etc...

Illusion has sunk a ton of time and money into arranging (I think badgering and begging counts as arranging ) these overseas manufacturers to make a variety of parts to his specifications.

Personally, I think his prices are high-ish...but I understand why. To me, the pure gold of the info that I can get from him about this part or that part greatly off-sets the $20 here and there that I'll save by ordering the parts myself.

If you're (not taking a stab at just you Turok...I'm ranting to the Internet as a whole) pumping Illusion endlessly for questions about this part or that part or how to make this/that work better and not supporting his efforts from buying the parts from him...then you're just a leach (leech?...ones a slug that sucks your blood...the other is a TV guy who just looks like a slug)

Tys
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 13:23   #111
Hata

Most of my parts for hi capa are from IK.
They are just the same as the one you can find in online store.
Why not just bought from IK and you can have the parts on your hand instead of wait for shipping from HK or US?
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 14:55   #112
RacingManiac

Not to mention actually some parts is actually cheaper to get from him...ie the BBU....

As far as trigger itself goes though, I've used Nine Ball, Nova, and ProG4/ILLusion Kinetics, and really all needs a bit of work to get it to work smoothly depends on what grip you are putting it into(1911, SD, stock TM, TK), so trigger itself is not much difference. Though the ProG4/ILLusion Kinetics + the ProG4/IK trigger stirrup combo on my Kimber has no trigger slack at all, and breaks very clean....

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 19:47   #113
Slono
Slow mo.

Quote:
Yes. And I plan to get more from him in the future =)

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he
stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 11:10   #114
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
I wouldn't say so. To be honest, even I believe my products are quite expensive. The cost is high, and that drives away a lot of potential customers, which is fine with me, as I don't have an interest in lower grade parts. This is still just a hobby for me, built purely out of interest. The sales aren't even for big money. You gotta be crazy to think you can make a living off it, I just use it to feed this insanely all-consuming addiction... lol

The price is also a bit out of my control... the base cost is high, as these parts are produced in small runs. I simply don't have the capital to build this stuff in thousand piece runs. If anybody wants to invest, there may be opportunities...

Individual one-off customs carry the highest price premium and production wait time, but the dedicated enthusiast will totally agree with me when I say that having your own unique custom built piece designed to your own specifications is definitely worth the price premium and wait time.

These aren't low grade die-cast loose toleranced parts from sub-par materials, either.

ILLusion Kinetics offers innovative custom parts, either in large production or as a true one-off custom build.
All ILLusion Kinetics parts are precision CNC machined from high grade materials, such as 6061/7075 aluminum & 303/304 stainless steel.

Like I've always said, "you get what you pay for." I've been messing with the Marui Hi-Capa since it hit the market, and I've had enough parts to go through my hands to know what's junk, what's good, what's premium, and what's ultra-premium. I never recommend junk to customers, and for the discerning enthusiast, I can recommend the cream of the crop to whet their appetite.

Last edited by ILLusion; January 14th, 2010 at 11:23..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2010, 18:24   #115
RacingManiac

And rarely anywhere else in Airsoft that you can give feedback on the product and result in improvements.....

Aside from the cost though, the problem with custom gun is the wait....ah the painful wait....

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old January 15th, 2010, 22:08   #116
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

If its any consolation for the price of IK parts:

While ILLusion may be bathing in my paycheques, I actually feel like I got a good deal.

That doesn't happen every day.

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2010, 02:07   #117
Slono
Slow mo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
And rarely anywhere else in Airsoft that you can give feedback on the product and result in improvements.....

Aside from the cost though, the problem with custom gun is the wait....ah the painful wait....
And the glitches.... ah the painful glitches!

My gun is plagued with many, and I blame it totally on myself for installing the kit with no airsoft experience. As we speak I'm trying to figure out why my gun shoots at inconsistent veloticites. Out of 10 shots, there'd be about 1-4 that are weak. You can feel and hear the difference as normally the shot goes "boom" when its a good shoot, but these ones give a wussy "poof". Sometimes it even seems to fire in patterns (eg. Clean hard shot, soft shot, clean hard shot, soft shot). Is this a mag high flow valve installation problem or a hammer/trigger problem? Maybe an air seal problem? When I install the 150% hammer spring my shots get weird more frequently than with the normal hammer spring.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he
stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Last edited by Slono; January 16th, 2010 at 06:25.. Reason: added questions
Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 10:07   #118
juicy

Question: Single stackers are known for small gas capacity. From what I understand, using a lighter BBU and a lighter (e.g. stock plastic) slide should help to reduce the gas mileage per fill. What else could further reduce gas consumption?

Also, would using Japanese mags (i.e. TM's that afford consistent fills) help combat the cool down effects that (as far as I've noticed) single stackers are plagued by? Seems to me like small gas storage equals quicker time to cool down when fired rapidly - though I may be mistaken, as I haven't owned an a TM/full clone as of yet.

If I haven't scoured this thread, and the internet in general for this, please let me know.
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 10:22   #119
RacingManiac

Juicy, the single stack suffers more from cool down by default, thats just physics, since the volume of gas reservoir is a lot less, each shot reduces the pressure of the gas reservoir by a greater percentage, and the temperature is dropped by the same ratio(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideal_gas_law). And as it gets cooler it get less efficient again as the gas liquify.

In general with lighter moving part(stock/light weight BBU), lighter rate springs(stock), tighter seal piston(something with O-ring), tighter seal flute valve, tighter hop-up seal, and stock mag valve, that'll probably give you the best gas mileage with least consumption....also, using lower pressure gas helps, at the expense of fps.

Slono, that sounds more like a seal-related problem, I am guessing something to do with the floating nozzle...though not sure how....

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old January 18th, 2010, 10:49   #120
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
And the glitches.... ah the painful glitches!

My gun is plagued with many, and I blame it totally on myself for installing the kit with no airsoft experience. As we speak I'm trying to figure out why my gun shoots at inconsistent veloticites. Out of 10 shots, there'd be about 1-4 that are weak. You can feel and hear the difference as normally the shot goes "boom" when its a good shoot, but these ones give a wussy "poof". Sometimes it even seems to fire in patterns (eg. Clean hard shot, soft shot, clean hard shot, soft shot). Is this a mag high flow valve installation problem or a hammer/trigger problem? Maybe an air seal problem? When I install the 150% hammer spring my shots get weird more frequently than with the normal hammer spring.
There are a lot of issues that can cause this... such as:
  • The height of the flow valve strike face being too high
  • Valve Knocker being too long
  • Hammer spring too strong
  • Too much grease on the valve knocker
  • Poor seal at piston head/nozzle/mag/cylinder bulb/hop up rubber
  • Cylinder bulb spring too strong
  • Barrel chamber locking against slide (chronograph can confirm this with consistent velocity at weak "feeling" shot)

The list can go on. I'd see if I could've helped you diagnose and fix it the other day, but you know why I couldn't.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications