Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

NOOB Battery Questions (VFC Avalon Saber)

:

Accessories Discussion

Old May 19th, 2018, 18:33   #1
Option

Send a message via MSN to Option
NOOB Battery Questions (VFC Avalon Saber)

Looking to get a brand new VFC Avalon Saber. But have no idea about batteries. Any help on this would be great.

1. I heard I should get a "LiPo" battery from Hobbyking.com, which battery specifically? I heard that 7.4v lipo is good, but there are so many? Any specific links would help.

2. What is a "Battery Bag" used for? I see that I should get a battery AND a battery bag?

3. if I got a LiPo battery, any recommendations for a charger?

Thank you very much ASC'ers
Option is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2018, 19:53   #2
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Option View Post
Looking to get a brand new VFC Avalon Saber. But have no idea about batteries. Any help on this would be great.

1. I heard I should get a "LiPo" battery from Hobbyking.com, which battery specifically? I heard that 7.4v lipo is good, but there are so many? Any specific links would help.

2. What is a "Battery Bag" used for? I see that I should get a battery AND a battery bag?

3. if I got a LiPo battery, any recommendations for a charger?

Thank you very much ASC'ers
1. Can you expand on what you mean by "so many"? There are generally lots of lipos with different voltages but the main selling point is the amperage that is specifically for airsoft as well as the shape for tight compartments depending on your gun.

2. Battery bag is a bag that is made out of a flame-resistant material that prevents your battery from burning down your property in the event it becomes chemically unstable due to age or charging behaviour. They are recommended for long term storage when you do not game and don't want to burn down your house due to how volatile these batteries can be in different environments e.g. heat and moisture.

3. Buy a lipo-battery from an RC shop. As of 2017 i no longer recommend hobbyking as a battery supplier because they ship via fedex and all their warehouses are in the US. This means that you have to pay fedex $20~ for duties and customs which can EASILY be the cost of a single battery. If possible, try to buy in-country or visit your local RC shop who can order it for you for about the same cost $40-50 depending on the battery type.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2018, 17:33   #3
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

hobbyking has a section of airsoft specific lipo batteries which are the most common forms we would be using.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2018, 14:26   #4
Option

Send a message via MSN to Option
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
1. Can you expand on what you mean by "so many"? There are generally lots of lipos with different voltages but the main selling point is the amperage that is specifically for airsoft as well as the shape for tight compartments depending on your gun.

2. Battery bag is a bag that is made out of a flame-resistant material that prevents your battery from burning down your property in the event it becomes chemically unstable due to age or charging behaviour. They are recommended for long term storage when you do not game and don't want to burn down your house due to how volatile these batteries can be in different environments e.g. heat and moisture.

3. Buy a lipo-battery from an RC shop. As of 2017 i no longer recommend hobbyking as a battery supplier because they ship via fedex and all their warehouses are in the US. This means that you have to pay fedex $20~ for duties and customs which can EASILY be the cost of a single battery. If possible, try to buy in-country or visit your local RC shop who can order it for you for about the same cost $40-50 depending on the battery type.

Would you say airsoft stores locally have battery prices that are worth it? Or should I stay away?
Option is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2018, 15:21   #5
shelcoof

Batteries come in all shapes and sizes. Read up on Lipo FAQ to get a better understanding. You can easily google the information.

Things to look out for is [correct me if I'm wrong]

Voltage = The higher the voltage the higher the ROF

Mah = How much juice you have

C rating = How much you can draw from the battery. Very important to get one that has enough. If it does not then it can easily damage your battery which isn't good.

shape size = where can you fit that battery

You can pick up Airsoft Battery packs on Amazon. Just make sure you know which one you want and which fits your gun.
Depending on how much you order it might be worth it buying at Hobbyking just do the math

Battery Bag helps contain the fire when your battery decides to explode. It gives you a bit more time to deal with the fire. Not going to protect you from one just helps a bit. Go ahead and watch some youtube footage of Lipos flaming up.

Smart balance chargers are sold at various places. Just make sure you buy a genuine. They are a bit pricey but worth it considering that it will take care of your batteries and prevent your batteries from blowing up.
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion