Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

AKstravaganza!

:

Airsoft Media

Old May 14th, 2014, 09:57   #646
MADDOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_kilter View Post
There are reviews on RA that show the minor benefits over LCTs are not worth the other shitty external parts they come with
But are they less expensive than LCT or same price?

Guess if they were half the price of LCT it would be worth it, but I have no idea of the current list price

Cry Havoc, Let slip the Dogs of War!

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
MADDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 10:11   #647
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

E&L is more expensive.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 14:19   #648
Off_kilter

Varies model to model
Old May 14th, 2014, 15:31   #649
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

To be honest, how much better in construction can E&L REALLY be compared to an LCT? I don't mean to sound like an LCT fanboy or something... but they are already as fully steel as you can pretty much get haha. I can't really see how E&L's construction is more revolutionary....

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 16:24   #650
Mausturm

The only gripes that I've heard with LCT (which is the reason people started to buy E&L over the LCT) is the selector grouping is correct on the E&L, as well as accurate markings on the lower receiver (near the handguard on the left side). It has been said to be made with the same material as they use with the real AK47/74's, reason being is that E&L was rumoured to be a real firearms manufacture (still?).

Other things that people have said, better wood finishing, better steel construction (arguably), a semi magwell (can't confirm however), a flash mag, and apparently better gearbox which can be used with M130 spring without any problems. Another fun fact as well, they get a metal hop-up unit. This info was gathered from a variety of sources, videos, and word of mouth from other forums, all of which still don't really make buying an E&L justified in my opinion (less you're a hardcore impressionist) that cared about minor cosmetic issues.

I still buy LCT's over E&L as I do like using their gearboxes, and find their internal work good enough for me. Can't complain about a double o-ringed cylinder head, steel gears which have been shimmed decently, o ringed air nozzle, an aluminum piston head with a full steel teeth rack piston backing it up--none of these are top of the line, but for someone who just likes to play, good enough for me. E&L might do it better as some youtube videos might say, but in BC, LCT's are easier to source. Well, for me anyway.

The steel on the LCT's work well for me, the wood finishing is decent (I always tend to age it, so it doesn't matter to me) and it's easy to take down for me as I'm not a great tech by any stretch of the imagination. If you really are anal about markings and realism, E&L I suppose it the way to go, but for a good AK that does everything you need it to do, LCT's are just as good as what E&L offer, and what's more, LCT offers a variety of AK's as well as other guns (M4's, M60's, and VAL's).

If anything between the two companies, they both do the same thing. I found that E&L, and LCT's are either more expensive or cheaper than the other, depending on where you go. I would choose LCT because I'm familiar with their work, but if someone had a choice between the two, go with the one that's cheaper for you :P

Last edited by Mausturm; May 14th, 2014 at 16:27..
Mausturm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 19:27   #651
uncle_benny12

So before I start, full disclosure: I work at JS Airsoft.

We've brought in a couple of E&L AKs to check out. The customer that bought the AKM actually had nothing but great things to say about it, he was very happy with the solid construction and performance out of the box. According to him, it's on par if not better than Real Sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
But are they less expensive than LCT or same price?

Guess if they were half the price of LCT it would be worth it, but I have no idea of the current list price
Pricing is actually pretty similar to the LCT lineup. To be honest it would be unrealistic to expect E&L to be half of the price as LCT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
I believe JS Airsoft is stocking E&L AEGs at the moment.
Thanks for the shout out Stealth!

If you guys have any questions about E&L please let me know, I'll try my best to answer them.
uncle_benny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 19:40   #652
Slow
Loves Furries

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_benny12 View Post
So before I start, full disclosure: I work at JS Airsoft.

We've brought in a couple of E&L AKs to check out. The customer that bought the AKM actually had nothing but great things to say about it, he was very happy with the solid construction and performance out of the box. According to him, it's on par if not better than Real Sword.

Pricing is actually pretty similar to the LCT lineup. To be honest it would be unrealistic to expect E&L to be half of the price as LCT.

Thanks for the shout out Stealth!

If you guys have any questions about E&L please let me know, I'll try my best to answer them.
Would you guys be willing to do a break down review on them?

If ASC were real life, there would be no Chuck Norris, only CDN_Stalker

MANITOBA IVAN
Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 19:53   #653
Kingsix

Quote:

1. Is front sight adjustable?
2. Will you guys bring in AKS74 , AK74M, AkS74u (when e&l releases)?
Old May 14th, 2014, 21:23   #654
MADDOG

Quote:

I thought E&L might be trying to under cut LCT.

I would like to know the differences between each manufacturer, external and internal.
Even over at RA I don't see a great write up yet.

The parts section of the E&L website looks half decent, looks like some older systema silent piston head tech as well ( I still have one on those running). The wiring looks substantial and is that a FET I already see wired into the harness?
I wonder what the seal is like with the stock hopup unit and what bucking are they using?

but this has my interest: http://www.jsairsoft.com/e-l-ak104-pmc-c-aeg.html

Edit: Internal blow up E&L ak preview - YouTube

Cry Havoc, Let slip the Dogs of War!

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Last edited by MADDOG; May 14th, 2014 at 22:25..
MADDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 22:01   #655
ebfud

Question for those of you whole painted there various parts plum.
What paint do you use??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
I say we go over there, knock on their door and politely ask them to stop...with a cruise-missile...to the face.
ebfud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 22:53   #656
Slow
Loves Furries

Some people use black ryte dye. Result depend on how long you leave it in the water.

If ASC were real life, there would be no Chuck Norris, only CDN_Stalker

MANITOBA IVAN
Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 13:08   #657
uncle_benny12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow View Post
Would you guys be willing to do a break down review on them?
At the moment, no. We're not really comfortable with taking apart an AEG then sell it to a customer. There has been quiet a few reviews and videos online though, including a 40min review I found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgtyyDZVDnw
http://blog.airsoftcommunity.de/el-a...-what-the-buzz

Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsix View Post
1. Is front sight adjustable?
2. Will you guys bring in AKS74 , AK74M, AkS74u (when e&l releases)?
1. Not 100% sure. It looks like it's adjustable but it doesn't come with an adjustment tool, I'm going to request for confirmation on this.

2. We will most likely bring in a few different variants when if we decide to bring them in, so far we haven't decided yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
I thought E&L might be trying to under cut LCT.

I would like to know the differences between each manufacturer, external and internal.
Even over at RA I don't see a great write up yet.

The parts section of the E&L website looks half decent, looks like some older systema silent piston head tech as well ( I still have one on those running). The wiring looks substantial and is that a FET I already see wired into the harness?
I wonder what the seal is like with the stock hopup unit and what bucking are they using?

but this has my interest: http://www.jsairsoft.com/e-l-ak104-pmc-c-aeg.html

Edit: Internal blow up E&L ak preview - YouTube
I believe that E&L is trying to go the Real Sword route, but with Russian style AKs instead of the Chinese Type 56. Check out the links above for a more detailed breakdown. The FPS seems to be pretty consistent so I think it's safe to assume it has a pretty good air seal out of the box.
Old May 15th, 2014, 16:23   #658
Kingsix

Quote:
At the moment, no. We're not really comfortable with taking apart an AEG then sell it to a customer. There has been quiet a few reviews and videos online though, including a 40min review I found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgtyyDZVDnw
http://blog.airsoftcommunity.de/el-a...-what-the-buzz

Hope that helps!

1. Not 100% sure. It looks like it's adjustable but it doesn't come with an adjustment tool, I'm going to request for confirmation on this.
My Realsword didn't come with the adjustment tool either.

I believe that E&L is trying to go the Real Sword route, but with Russian style AKs instead of the Chinese Type 56. Check out the links above for a more detailed breakdown. The FPS seems to be pretty consistent so I think it's safe to assume it has a pretty good air seal out of the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mausturm View Post
It has been said to be made with the same material as they use with the real AK47/74's, reason being is that E&L was rumoured to be a real firearms manufacture (still?).
E&L's full company name is Emei Landarms
A subcontractor called Emei makes the realsteel Norinco Type 97
Norinco used to make Russian style AKs for Polytech Legends lineup.
E&L's claim to making real firearms might be legit.

Old May 15th, 2014, 18:07   #659
ebfud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow View Post
Some people use black ryte dye. Result depend on how long you leave it in the water.
Interesting, how would I go about this?
Whip the dye up in a tub then dunk the parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
I say we go over there, knock on their door and politely ask them to stop...with a cruise-missile...to the face.
ebfud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 19:05   #660
uncle_benny12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsix View Post
E&L's full company name is Emei Landarms
A subcontractor called Emei makes the realsteel Norinco Type 97
Norinco used to make Russian style AKs for Polytech Legends lineup.
E&L's claim to making real firearms might be legit.

Thanks for sharing that information, I was not aware of that!

I do know that Land Arms refers to the airsoft parts manufacturer from a long time ago. I personally am not familiar with that brand, can anybody chime in?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media